Replace the drip feed

Re: Replace the drip feed

Postby pete310183 on Thu 05 Sep 2019, 9:58 am

I see the decorum on this forum has not improved since the show. Admin really need to get a better handle on the posts this year in my opinion. I really hope the 2020 thread does not turn into the at times nasty thread it was last year, if that is the case i will have no choice but to depart the forum which would be a real shame as UKAR has always helped build a level of anticipation for the show to come for me.
pete310183

Re: Replace the drip feed

Postby Skyflash on Thu 05 Sep 2019, 11:00 am

pete310183 wrote:I see the decorum on this forum has not improved since the show. Admin really need to get a better handle on the posts this year in my opinion. I really hope the 2020 thread does not turn into the at times nasty thread it was last year, if that is the case i will have no choice but to depart the forum which would be a real shame as UKAR has always helped build a level of anticipation for the show to come for me.


Fair comment, however we are damned if we do take a harder line (accusations of being forum nazis, crushing 'banter' etc), and damned if we don't (standards have slipped, forum's off to hell in a handcart etc).

All we can really do is reiterate the rules, hope and trust that people continue to act civilly towards one another, and clamp down on anything which is obviously over the top.

And instantly delete any posts which reference the Swedish Historics, obviously. :grin:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
User avatar
Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Re: Replace the drip feed

Postby MiG_Eater on Thu 05 Sep 2019, 11:49 am

Skyflash wrote:And instantly delete any posts which reference the Swedish Historics, obviously. :grin:


Wow are they coming next year!? :tongue:

... To be fair it really isn't the mods responsibility for us adult human beings to behave with a modicum of respect towards each other.

Anyway, back to the thread... my view is: who cares - as long as there's decent participation.
MiG_Eater

Re: Replace the drip feed

Postby frank on Fri 06 Sep 2019, 4:30 pm

MiG_Eater wrote:
Skyflash wrote:And instantly delete any posts which reference the Swedish Historics, obviously. :grin:


Wow are they coming next year!? :tongue:

... To be fair it really isn't the mods responsibility for us adult human beings to behave with a modicum of respect towards each other.

Anyway, back to the thread... my view is: who cares - as long as there's decent participation.

I understand the point you are making about people behaving civilly towards each other, unfortunately that is not always the case on social media.
My POV is that mods are absolutely responsible for maintaining standards of conduct, why else have them. I personally don’t think they do that. If people don’t like that and abuse/bully mods then they should be ejected from the Forum.
Wonder what others think?
frank

Re: Replace the drip feed

Postby Tommy on Sat 07 Sep 2019, 10:41 am

A reminder that people moaning at the moaners contribute to the problem, too.

Adding posts such as the ones above do nothing to contribute to anything, and often just add to the volume of negativity.

We have a report button, and I encourage its use. This flags the matter privately to all mods and staff. We might not make a decision you particularly want, but we will deal with it in a way we think is best.

We also are all reachable by PM, and via PM to the U.K. Airshow Review account for you to either raise matters with us as regards specific postings, or in general terms (or grill Sam as to why he doesn’t like Tomcats). Personally speaking, if a mod decision is made that someone disagrees with, then I’m happy to chat about the reasons for the decision direct via PM, too.

So if it’s issues like those raised above, rather than lend your voice to the overall feel of negativity, it’s better to raise them privately with us (you will also know then that we’ve seen it and are considering it).

A lot of the time a quick spat is over and done with within 24 hours, and then a few days later someone comments and makes a fuss, and it all kicks off again.

If people are really concerned, then try helping us out rather than adding to the sludge. :smile:

But yes, a lot of it has to come from you guys. It’s possible to disagree without being a knobler. You all need to be adults which, to be fair, for the most part, you all are.
User avatar
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Previous

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests