FRIAT 20 prices

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
AARDVARK

FRIAT 20 prices

Post by AARDVARK »

Hi...

Can someone please confirm the prices for FRIAT 20 and what discount you get for being a re-booker?

Many thanks
:)

spellow3010

Re: FRIAT 20 prices

Post by spellow3010 »

Hi there,
For 2020 FRIAT (will be my third Mach 3 in a row), I have been charged £230.00. This includes a little discount for being a returning booker.

Hope that helps...

The longer you remain a loyal, returning and unbroken booker, you get a slightly bigger discount up to a maximum :smile:
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

Full price is £250/£230/£210 for Mach 3/2/1.

Loyalty discount on Mach 3 at least is a tenner a year up to three years maximum, so for a long term member renewal is £220.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

Having been a member since 1983 I have Mach 1 for £180. (Long term member discount! They should be paying me to go!)
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

mavvymoo

Post by mavvymoo »

I guess you'll be ok for an all upfront booking, but I gather that if you wanted to pay in instalments you needed to be registered some time ago. I got my email for making payments yesterday. £270 for almost a newbie Mach 3.
Famed for appearing to put my foot in it, read my post with the voice of Stewie Griffin if it offended you first time

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Thanks for your info everyone.

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

i'm probably going to be coming to riat alone this time round so given i'm saving money on accomodation im tempted to throw money at FRIAT for once? is it worth it?

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

Its tricky to answer that question for you cos what something is worth varies that much between everyone, but from my point of view FRIAT - especially at Mach3 level - is tremendously good value for money. Five days access, with a great viewing spot (crowd line or grandstand) but above all the comfort of being able to saunter in and out when you like, having facilities at hand etc etc is well worth the fee.

I dropped out of FRIAT after years of being a member some time ago when it all stretched to a five day commitment, I had baby children, all those things, and after several years of doing the event without my FRIAT privileges it was inevitable I was going back. For me, it makes the event on the whole much more pleasant.

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

Wrexham Mackem wrote:Its tricky to answer that question for you cos what something is worth varies that much between everyone, but from my point of view FRIAT - especially at Mach3 level - is tremendously good value for money. Five days access, with a great viewing spot (crowd line or grandstand) but above all the comfort of being able to saunter in and out when you like, having facilities at hand etc etc is well worth the fee.

I dropped out of FRIAT after years of being a member some time ago when it all stretched to a five day commitment, I had baby children, all those things, and after several years of doing the event without my FRIAT privileges it was inevitable I was going back. For me, it makes the event on the whole much more pleasant.

the viewing spot and being able to have easy access to facilities is one of the major draws.
being on my own this time round i dont want to have the hassle of fighting for a spot, then having to do it all again when i go for a piss. even last year, when i did get a good spot some 7ft tall bloke with a step ladder, would magically appear in front of me.
i was looking at a mach 2 package and do 4 days, but given at the moment the price difference is only 20 quid, im tempted to go for the Mach3 whether i go for all 6 days or not.

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

rockfordstone wrote:being on my own this time round i dont want to have the hassle of fighting for a spot, then having to do it all again when i go for a piss. even last year, when i did get a good spot some 7ft tall bloke with a step ladder, would magically appear in front of me.
i was looking at a mach 2 package and do 4 days, but given at the moment the price difference is only 20 quid, I'm tempted to go for the Mach3 whether i go for all 6 days or not.

The final straw for me was having stood in the queue at blue gate I was one of the first in, to find a good few folks already on the show ground and the crowd line at centre was already gone. Obviously one or more of the other gates had opened first. But that was the final straw.. and back to FRIAT I went. And wondered the next year why I hadn't done it years before. It really changes the event. And I don't see that queue any more. :smile:

Berf

Post by Berf »

Is the grandstand the only option for seating or can you take your own seat and sit infront of the grandstand?

FlankerPhoto

Post by FlankerPhoto »

You're able to sit in front of the grandstand but space is at a premium and fills quickly.