2020 tickets

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Lightningkid70

Re: 2020 tickets

Post by Lightningkid70 »

jasonT1981 wrote:
Lightningkid70 wrote:I know I will get my tickets before the show, so no point waiting until I get the ticket in my inbox to book everything else.

Try booking your hotel when the tickets are sent out. I promise you will pay at least £250+ more for the weekend then, than you would now.

Edit: Do you mean how come he has the 'actual' tickets. I don't think he has. He means he has booked his tickets and has confirmation from RIAT that the booking was sucessful that they will be sent out via email.

You seem very confident about getting your tickets, you know that for certain? Bit of a risk booking everything else on the most important part which you haven't received?

I have a booking reference, card statement and confirmation email. It's no big deal the ticket has not been sent out. As I said, Ticketmaster and other ticket companies do this too.

I also have to factor in flights to England from Northern Ireland and train costs. I got everything including tickets, flights and hotel for just under £350. Want to try booking that 2 weeks before RIAT? Good luck to you. You'll pay a fortune assuming you can get hotels etc at all anywhere near Swindon/Fairford. That's why I booked in September and others book the hotel the weekend of RIAT 2019.

I know I have the ticket ordered and all the confirmations, worst case a phone-call to RIAT with your booking number will get you the ticket sent out if not arrived. You should also be able to log in and download ticket directly from the RIAT website.

It's really no big deal. Tickets are ordered and I have confirmation/booking reference etc. I'm not in the least worried. My last NFL game in London, my ticket arrived on the Monday before the game and I knew it was only going to be sent out a week before.

I'm not travelling from abroad but travelling by rail, I have had to do the same as you so please don't misunderstand me.
I'll have a look on the RIAT site to see if I can download the tickets directly as you say. I take it you have done the same?

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

Lightningkid70 wrote:
verreli wrote:You make a fair comment. I had the experience recently where on buying tickets through ticketmaster I bought an overseas event ticket with parking option. The event ticket came through a few days before travelling but the car park didn't which caused unnecessary hassle due to the lack of time to sort it out. It all worked out in the end though. Not sure why an event such as RIAT would need to go down this route. I suspect with ticketmaster it's to prevent ticket tout's.

That is my worry, as I don't currently have the actual printed off tickets how do I know something won't go wrong & I won't get the three seperate tickets with all the shuttle bus options I paid for. If any one of those elements aren't present in this email that I'm supposed to receive two weeks before, then that's potentially either one day or all three days stuffed.

I think you really are worrying too much. sending tickets out 2 weeks before the show is normal. you've paid, presumably, you have a confirmation email, your tickets are booked.

worst case you don't get it a week before the show and contact DBH and they'll likely give you a digital ticket. i appreciate your concern, but this isn't their first rodeo.

Lightningkid70

Post by Lightningkid70 »

rockfordstone wrote:
Lightningkid70 wrote:
verreli wrote:You make a fair comment. I had the experience recently where on buying tickets through ticketmaster I bought an overseas event ticket with parking option. The event ticket came through a few days before travelling but the car park didn't which caused unnecessary hassle due to the lack of time to sort it out. It all worked out in the end though. Not sure why an event such as RIAT would need to go down this route. I suspect with ticketmaster it's to prevent ticket tout's.

That is my worry, as I don't currently have the actual printed off tickets how do I know something won't go wrong & I won't get the three seperate tickets with all the shuttle bus options I paid for. If any one of those elements aren't present in this email that I'm supposed to receive two weeks before, then that's potentially either one day or all three days stuffed.

I think you really are worrying too much. sending tickets out 2 weeks before the show is normal. you've paid, presumably, you have a confirmation email, your tickets are booked.

worst case you don't get it a week before the show and contact DBH and they'll likely give you a digital ticket. i appreciate your concern, but this isn't their first rodeo.

You make me laugh, it's the principle of the thing. Like I said in all the years of purchasing tickets for an event I have never ever experienced this before. This is the first year that RIAT has done this. A previous poster has mentioned possible reasons You pay online, you get it then and there not wait 8 months to receive them. It is by all means definitely not normal. I pay for a hotels and events all year round every year in advance RIAT is definitely not the only event I attend & I have never had this with anyone else.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Lightningkid70 wrote:
rockfordstone wrote:
Lightningkid70 wrote:

You make me laugh, it's the principle of the thing. Like I said in all the years of purchasing tickets for an event I have never ever experienced this before. This is the first year that RIAT has done this. A previous poster has mentioned possible reasons You pay online, you get it then and there not wait 8 months to receive them. It is by all means definitely not normal. I pay for a hotels and events all year round every year in advance RIAT is definitely not the only event I attend & I have never had this with anyone else.

Is it the first year they've done it though? Pretty sure my viewing village wristband thing didn't get to me until a week or so beforehand last year, although granted the tickets were available to download immediately.

It's a little odd, given that they could make them instantly downloadable, but I really wouldn't worry about it.

Perhaps it's a way of discouraging those who might be tempted to sell them on at an inflated rate (if that happens at all)?
You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

jingernut

Post by jingernut »

Lightningkid70 wrote:In my experience I have never ever had to pay up front for a ticket for a show and had to wait half a year before receiving them.
So if something goes wrong two weeks before the show, will RIAT let you in with the order reference email?

I know it's a crazy idea... but hear me out. Have you tried emailing / calling / tweeting the organisers themselves to see what they say? You know, the people who can give you the correct answer. :dizzy:

CJS

Post by CJS »

jingernut wrote:
Lightningkid70 wrote:In my experience I have never ever had to pay up front for a ticket for a show and had to wait half a year before receiving them.
So if something goes wrong two weeks before the show, will RIAT let you in with the order reference email?

I know it's a crazy idea... but hear me out. Have you tried emailing / calling / tweeting the organisers themselves to see what they say? You know, the people who can give you the correct answer. :dizzy:

But where's the fun in that? :grin:
You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.