Request time and some fun. RIAT 2021

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
CJS

Re: Request time and some fun. RIAT 2021

Post by CJS »

phantom6 wrote:Japaneze phantom [no chance]
Japanese Phantom [more chance]

...sorry :grin:

Indian Jaguar (f) [also no chance, but they did come to Spain recently etc etc...]
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Berf

Post by Berf »

RAF Hercules (flying) (no chance)

Paul_Reflex

Post by Paul_Reflex »

The Blue Angels would be awesome.

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

Algerian AF Mig 25.

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

How about a guest of honour in Captain Tom Moore? providing all this has cleared up it would be a brilliant gesture given his achievements.

Airwolfhound

Post by Airwolfhound »

658 Squadron Army Air Corps Dauphin please :-)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)

AMB

Post by AMB »

Ukrainian Navy Beriev Be-12 'Mail'
Adrian

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Boris Johnson's A330 in Union flag paint scheme alongside Red Arrows! :smiley:

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

jasonT1981 wrote:
Thu 18 Jun 2020, 1:38 am
I can't think of much worse to be honest... And, don't think I'm picking on you, but I can't really understand the relevance of Tom Moore being a guest of honour either.

Concorde216

Post by Concorde216 »

G-CVIX wrote:
Thu 18 Jun 2020, 6:04 am
jasonT1981 wrote:
I can't think of much worse to be honest... And, don't think I'm picking on you, but I can't really understand the relevance of Tom Moore being a guest of honour either.
Well, actually, I would quite like to see the Voyager in formation with the Reds and if it is in a livery to represent the UK (yes, it is the UK's aircraft, not the PM's solely)

That aside, as for Tom Moore....Why not? I've already asked the question via a link I have to the show. Or would you prefer a Z-List celebrity instead?

CJS

Post by CJS »

Concorde216 wrote:
Fri 19 Jun 2020, 11:11 am
G-CVIX wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:
Well, actually, I would quite like to see the Voyager in formation with the Reds and if it is in a livery to represent the UK (yes, it is the UK's aircraft, not the PM's solely)

That aside, as for Tom Moore....Why not? I've already asked the question via a link I have to the show. Or would you prefer a Z-List celebrity instead?
I would think that DBH staff and those linked to the organisation of (R)IAT over the past 50 years could be part of a group of guests of honour, given next year's theme.

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Concorde216 wrote:
G-CVIX wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:

It doesn't interest me, and, with all due respect to the fellow for his remarkable charity work, nor does Captain Tom.

I do not see his relevance to the airshow or to the theme, and would much rather hear talks from ex display pilots, organisers, anyone involved with the history of RIAT.

If they want to give him a ticket that's up to DBH!

To be brutally honest, the thought of a Union Jack clad Voyager in formation with the Red Arrows, sounds like a vomit inducing display of underserved national pride. Perhaps Captain Tom can skydive in with a giant Union Jack parachute while BoJo waves his Tim Tams from the Voyager window, and we can all have a big gammony picnic!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Not for me, give me the Blades with the A-400 again.

PS. No offence intended to anyone. I'd be interested in seeing a specially painted Voyager if the scheme is nice!

CJS

Post by CJS »

G-CVIX wrote:
Fri 19 Jun 2020, 12:35 pm
Concorde216 wrote:
G-CVIX wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:

Not for me, give me the Blades with the A-400 again.
See, I was all ready to allow you your own opinion and everything, then you went and said that :lol:

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

jasonT1981 wrote:
I'd say it was the 'United Kindgoms' A330, its just that the current prime minister will use it first.
Got to love Russianhardware

AMB

Post by AMB »

Concorde216 wrote:
G-CVIX wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:

Quite agree! Any scheme on a RAF Voyager is better than the boring overall grey they are in now. Also we need some patriotic pride to raise our morale out of the virus pandemic. Also delighted to see Tom Moore as guest of honour there....better than Carol Vorderman or the likes?
Adrian

CJS

Post by CJS »

AMB wrote:
Sat 20 Jun 2020, 11:12 am
Concorde216 wrote:
G-CVIX wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:

Quite agree! Any scheme on a RAF Voyager is better than the boring overall grey they are in now. Also we need some patriotic pride to raise our morale out of the virus pandemic. Also delighted to see Tom Moore as guest of honour there....better than Carol Vorderman or the likes?
Except that Carol Vorderman has direct and obvious links with military aviation that Capt (of the British Army) Tom Moore does not.

I don't know about 'the likes' though, perhaps they're less appropriate... :dunno:

sopwithflyer

Post by sopwithflyer »

CJS wrote:
Sat 20 Jun 2020, 3:33 pm
AMB wrote:
Concorde216 wrote:
G-CVIX wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:

Except that Carol Vorderman has direct and obvious links with military aviation that Capt (of the British Army) Tom Moore does not.

I don't know about 'the likes' though, perhaps they're less appropriate... :dunno:
Apart from being the honorary group captain of the Air cadets, [she commits large amounts of her time to the cadets and the cause] a female ambassador for STEM and aviation projects - projects that encourage girls into these sectors, Carol is also a great contributor to aviation in general, she is exactly what our aviation passion needs right now. She is generous with her time and support for what we all love. I find a suggestion of anything to the contrary quite weird to be honest. Aviation needs the support of people like her.

CJS

Post by CJS »

sopwithflyer wrote:
Wed 01 Jul 2020, 3:40 pm
CJS wrote:
AMB wrote:
Concorde216 wrote:
G-CVIX wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:

Apart from being the honorary group captain of the Air cadets, [she commits large amounts of her time to the cadets and the cause] a female ambassador for STEM and aviation projects - projects that encourage girls into these sectors, Carol is also a great contributor to aviation in general, she is exactly what our aviation passion needs right now. She is generous with her time and support for what we all love. I find a suggestion of anything to the contrary quite weird to be honest. Aviation needs the support of people like her.
I presume this bit is not aimed at me, as I was attempting to make the exact same point. :thumbsup_tone2:

sopwithflyer

Post by sopwithflyer »

CJS wrote:
Wed 01 Jul 2020, 8:45 pm
sopwithflyer wrote:
Wed 01 Jul 2020, 3:40 pm
CJS wrote:
AMB wrote:
Concorde216 wrote:
G-CVIX wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:

I presume this bit is not aimed at me, as I was attempting to make the exact same point. :thumbsup_tone2:
Nope, not aimed at you. I just didn't get the need for that previous comment. We need to stand strongly together in this environment at the moment, and Carol is a great supporter of all the things we love. I shake my head in disbelief.

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

The one aircraft I would actually love to see at RIAT in 2021 is a C5 Galaxy. I have never seen one as well as the return of the Couteau Delta team.

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

With the news the Polish Fitter pair are back on the scene, that would be an outstanding addition to the show.

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

a friend of mine as recieved an email stating the riat 2021 has already been cancelled is this the case or is it a hoax?

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

edhunter wrote:
Fri 24 Jul 2020, 12:56 pm
a friend of mine as recieved an email stating the riat 2021 has already been cancelled is this the case or is it a hoax?
Yeah, that would be a fake given tickets only went on sale a few days ago. Any decision on 2021 being cancelled (IF it has to) probably wouldn't be until around March 2021. Cancelling a full year out? Never happening. But as far as RIAT and everyone is concerned, 2021 will happen.

chrisward123

Post by chrisward123 »

B-1B in the flying display for me... been far too long since its last flying display at RIAT, 2007?
Lakes Lightning Collection

pbeardmore

Post by pbeardmore »

Given the rapid changes we are witnessing at the moment, perhaps a 747?
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”