Weather forecast

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
verreli

Weather forecast

Post by verreli »

Forecast is looking good for the weekend. Will be nice to have a RIAT with good weather for a change. Friday is looking particulary good for the Top Gun premiere. Oh wait... :thinking:

rockfordstone

Re: Weather forecast

Post by rockfordstone »

it's typical isn't it, weather is looking to be just right

verreli

Post by verreli »

C'est la vie. There's always next year if it goes ahead.

ted633

Post by ted633 »

I was really hoping the weather this weekend would be a washout to dampen the disappointment! As it stands, tomorrow is looking very pleasant. Fingers crossed for next year!

Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

We went on the washout Friday last year , though I then went on my own on the Saturday. This year we had planned to go today but the weather here in Worcs is really grey and overcast.

paulb1973

Post by paulb1973 »

Well, I spent the weekend down at Fairford (actually staying at the Crown of Crucis hotel on Saturday night) and it was rather cloudy until about 2pm before clearing quite nicely on the Sat. There was some evening and overnight rain - but nothing too drastic and Sunday was perfect weather for an air show really; blue skies with some puffy white clouds around. Eating out at The Bull (in Fairford itself) and visiting Lechlade/Kempsford/Cirencester allowed me to drive/walk past a deserted RAF Fairford a few times - some pointless empty airfield pictures taken on the south and eastern sides. I wasn't down here Friday, but the weather was a lot better than last year I suspect! And Monday (departure day - sometimes the best day of the lot) looks lovely. Sods law of-course!