Airline brinksmanship over Covid-19

Re: Airline brinksmanship over Covid-19

Postby Gonzo230 on Wed 25 Mar 2020, 8:34 am

A lot of the flights going into LHR, for example, are mainly more or less empty in terms of passengers, but full of cargo (and at the moment a lot of that is medical supplies and equipment).
Gonzo230

Postby jasonT1981 on Wed 25 Mar 2020, 7:53 pm

Looks like Aer Lingus are going to give me voucher for full price of flights plus 10%. Easyjet are being a bit harder to deal with. I had 6 with them this year and only 2 with Aer Lingus.
jasonT1981

Postby parsley on Thu 26 Mar 2020, 7:22 am

Gonzo230 wrote:A lot of the flights going into LHR, for example, are mainly more or less empty in terms of passengers, but full of cargo (and at the moment a lot of that is medical supplies and equipment).

Very true...and a number of passenger carriers are now operating their passenger aircraft in the ad hoc freighter role given you can get about 40 tons of freight or so in the hold of a passenger less 777-300.
American Airlines and Air Canada have been doing this.
parsley
UKAR Supporter

Postby Zoom on Thu 26 Mar 2020, 10:38 am

I've got a screenshot of my booking clearly stating that the flight is cancelled and that I am entitled to a full refund but when I go to Manage Disruption I only have the option to change the flight
Zoom

Postby Gonzo230 on Thu 26 Mar 2020, 1:54 pm

Zoom, I think you need to call
Gonzo230

Postby TonyB on Fri 27 Mar 2020, 4:22 pm

Gonzo230 wrote:Zoom, I think you need to call

I think that an Email would be better, at least there´s something in writing.

My experience, albeit mit Finnair, booked TXL-HEL-NRT and back for May. First of all I got a mail to tell me that the HEL-NRT flight was cancelled and that I should contact customer services, which I did - at the moment TXL-HEL is still operating, which doesn´t help me at all - the flight was cancelled and I asked for a refund.

Then a Mail to tell me that NRT-HEL is cancelled. Same as the outward journey, contact customer services.

Wrote to said services and told them that I expected to be also refunded for the TXL-HEL and return part of the journey. It´s possible if the flight is on the same ticket.

I received a Mail earlier to tell me that all monies will be refunded without any fees incurred.

That is all I wanted, getting something in writing which I can use if anything goes pearshaped.

I don´t know if it will help your situation, but do try to get something in writing.
TonyB

Previous

Return to Aviation Waffle