Concerts 2022

Photos that are not aviation related
Berf

Re: Concerts 2022

Post by Berf »

Good to see Derek.

AS for my planned events - illness removed a few of them but it still left a few classics.

Ended up travelling to the Uk for a funeral and caught Jeff Beck at the RAH. Beck was great but then five songs with the Pirate bloke brought it down a bit. To be fair two were Ok but he added nothing to the show.

Rival Sons in a small venue in Gothenburg. Great band great gig - its always good to go to an event that exceeds your expectations.

Next up was Queen and Adam Lambert in Oslo. No denying the bloke has a great voice and the set list was more or less what you would have expected or wanted. I am not a great Queen fan - probably because of the incessant playing of Bohemian Rhapsody on the radio when I was younger but I am going to a few gigs that I might not have gone to before in case they never tour again and I become a fan in older age! However well worth the two-three year wait.

Then a trek down the motorway back to Gothenburg for the next nights Iron Maiden gig at Ullevi Stadium. Some 60,000 went wild - they have a very vocal and loyal fan base in Sweden. Again not one of my favourite bands but have never seen them. While it was good to go I don't think I would pay for a ticket again.

Which brings me on to Rammstein a week later. Again I don't listen much to this band and could only name a handful of songs. But their reputation precedes them and, together with around 170,000 others (over three nights) I saw what was the most spectacular show possible. Exceeding expectations they were great entertainment and I would certainly go again.

Next up Deep Purple now without Steve Morse before heading for the show at Edwards and LA where I have tickets for Morcheeba and Bonobo and New York where its Joe Satriani and the New York Met Opera production of Tosca.

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

That's an impressive list. For some reason we only have a couple before Christmas, Incubus and Fontaines DC - usually this is a busy time for gigs. We're starting to get a few booked for next year though.

Berf

Post by Berf »

Yes there are a good number but four of them are rebooked from postponed pandemic years. I was just looking at what was coming up for the autumn and winter and there is not too much - the Brexit red tape/cost for musicians is beginning to bite unless you are a mega band.

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

An update from the end of last year before this year's gigs start.

Incubus at the Manchester Apollo in October
ImageIncubus_zz20221002_220948 by Derek N.Ferguson, on Flickr

Brandon Boyd from Incubus
ImageIncubus_zzDSC02516 by Derek N.Ferguson, on Flickr

Brandon Boyd and Mike Einziger from Incubus
ImageIncubus_zzDSC02534 by Derek N.Ferguson, on Flickr

Mercedes Arn-Horn from Incubus support Softcult
ImageIncubus_zzDSC02414 by Derek N.Ferguson, on Flickr

Fontaines DC at the Victoria Warehouse in Manchester in November. For safety reasons (we've seen Fontaines DC before!) we were on the balcony which is quite far away.

ImageFDC_20221111_222303 by Derek N.Ferguson, on Flickr

Abby Roberts at the Albert Hall, Manchester in November
ImagePW_zzDSC02895 by Derek N.Ferguson, on Flickr

ImagePW_zzDSC02922 by Derek N.Ferguson, on Flickr

Heather Baron-Gracie from Pale Waves
ImagePW_zzDSC03006 by Derek N.Ferguson, on Flickr

Pale Waves
ImagePW_zzDSC03010 by Derek N.Ferguson, on Flickr

Heather Baron-Gracie
ImagePW_zzDSC03028 by Derek N.Ferguson, on Flickr