Northolt Night Photoshoot VII

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
TonyO

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot VII

Post by TonyO »

Graf Zeppelin wrote:Incidentally we have had offers of intent from 815 and 849 Sqns for some rotary participation for the next one :biggrin:

Yes please!!!

And yes the Jetstream looked stunning, I hope some people got it running from the steps...
Do you want the Aladeen news or the Aladeen news?

SimonD

Post by SimonD »

Wow! What a great evening, thanks to Phil and the other organisers for a great event. I got some great pictures topped off by the Jetsream and Met chopper with props and rotors whirling. And not forgetting the fire engine at the end! I've got a lot of photos to edit.... I'll definitely be along for the next one! :biggrin:

Graf Zeppelin

Post by Graf Zeppelin »

TonyO wrote:
Graf Zeppelin wrote:Incidentally we have had offers of intent from 815 and 849 Sqns for some rotary participation for the next one :biggrin:

Yes please!!!

And yes the Jetstream looked stunning, I hope some people got it running from the steps...

The 750 SPLOT who brought the Jetstream brought the cleanest one with the tidyiest Fly Navy 100 decals on along. I though the aircraft was a credit to 750! :clap: :clap: :
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende

A380FWWOW

Post by A380FWWOW »

Thank you Phil for another great eveing photoshoot. Well worth the effort from those who attended. It was nice to see some familiar faces again and of course the usual suspects, Karl, Dunny, Andy, Martin and Brian.

We are already looking forward to the next one, and do hope that by then the Bacon Butties are fixed! :clap: :clap:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65589468@N04/
View on this site are my views and not those of any organisation!

Aviamil

Post by Aviamil »

Here you go Tony,

Marc

Saracen

Post by Saracen »

Just a quick thank you to Phil,Lee and all who make these events possible. :clap: :clap:

Roll on the next one. :drool:
Previously known as WATFC and any Similarity to any persons alive or dead is purely coincidental

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Big Big Big thanks to Phil, 32 Squadron and everyone at Northolt for another great night! :clap: Huge thank-you to the fire crew as well - nice to see something different! See you all next time - hopefully with some Froggies! :clap:

DylanLlewellyn

Post by DylanLlewellyn »

Hi and thank you very much again to Phil, 32 Squadron, OC and all at RAF Northolt for another excellent event, looking forward to the next one!!

Cheers, Dylan

D90Man

Post by D90Man »

On behalf of Ruth and myself, thanks to all involved...another great night.

Leon :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Sharpness is in the eye of the holder"
More at http://www.planephotos.org.uk

IrishAirPics

Post by IrishAirPics »

I have to say I was quite disappointed with the night, Phil never followed through with the packet of crisps, was gutted...

Only messing, had a good night, met loads of people, nice to see you all again, had a good natter with some of you, hope I didn't bore you too much, with the wife working away from home these days I don't get too much conversation from the cats!

The white ramp lights at Northolt really help with the photography.

I shall be back!

Regards,

Frank.

JohnF

Post by JohnF »

Great work again by Phil, Lee and everyone else at Northolt. A fantastic evening and nice to see that Phil once again kept the rain away! Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Regards

DerekH

Post by DerekH »

Just a quick note to say many thanks to Phil & Lee & all the Northolt crew for a fantastic evening last night. This was my first ever visit to Northolt, and I certainly intend to become a "regular" from now on. The weather couldn't have been better, and who would have thought that a fire engine could almost steal the show! Also thanks to Andy for the driving & Martin for the hilarious banter....
Last edited by DerekH on Fri 01 Oct 2010, 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Usual Suspects - Coming soon to an Air Show Near You.....

Graf Zeppelin

Post by Graf Zeppelin »

IrishAirPics wrote:I have to say I was quite disappointed with the night, Phil never followed through with the packet of crisps, was gutted...

Only messing, had a good night, met loads of people, nice to see you all again, had a good natter with some of you, hope I didn't bore you too much, with the wife working away from home these days I don't get too much conversation from the cats!

The white ramp lights at Northolt really help with the photography.

I shall be back!

Regards,

Frank.

As a customer aware organisation we shall ensure that your crisps are posted out to you! :lol:
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende

Screechy

Post by Screechy »

A limited array of aircraft but still a first class evening.. and this time i think i got my camera setup about right. The weather was great too, well ordered that man!

IrishAirPics

Post by IrishAirPics »

Make it two packs the next time I visit, that way you can save on postage costs! I'm quite partial to Walkers Max.

Thanks to Phil, Lee and all the personnel for organising and participating in the night shoot, it was well worth the trip.

I thought I had actually jinxed the weather with my earlier post, it started raining when I left Heathrow, was expecting a hiding when I arrived at Northolt!

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

Just to add my thanks to Phil and all the Northolt team that are involved :clap: :clap:

Andy :smile:

effects

Post by effects »

Ruislip Rustler wrote:
I always thought the RAF were exempt from this rule? (Or did I just make that up? )

Yep, you did. That's why you never see a Harrier over London these days.

(And before anyone says it, the Reds are treated as a single nine-engined aircraft.)

It is more to with gliding distance than anything else, the Harrier needs 4000 ft for every 'glide milie'!
Nikon P900 (Sony DSC-HX400V, Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)

TonyO

Post by TonyO »

Aviamil wrote:Here you go Tony,

Marc

It had to be you didn't it Marc!!! :wink: Great looking shot...
Do you want the Aladeen news or the Aladeen news?

McG

Post by McG »

1st time attending the event, and many thanks to Phil & Lee. Especially to Lee who was still at the gates at 19:10 when I turned up after getting duff directions off of google on how to get there by public transport from LHR. The evening was very relaxed, and I felt the 400+ mile journey down from Glasgow was well worth it.

andyxh558

Post by andyxh558 »

Just got in from work, sorry it has taken so long for me to post but I too would like to say a massive thank you to phil, Lee and everyone involved in making these excellent night shoots happen. I went away a very happy bunny and as usual I shall be back with the cheshire invasion team with me. the fire engine was a brilliant addition to the proceedings although i was dying for the loo which was made worse when the Fire engine started spraying!! Many thanks to all the crews who participated in the shoot especially the crew of the Jetstream.

Also thanks for all the good banter and laughs from Derek, martin, and the rest of the guys.

If you havent done the nightshoot at Northolt and want to do it. Please do it! you will not be dissapointed and ignore people who moan about the content being "helicopters and hawks" because it is so much more than that

Graf Zeppelin

Post by Graf Zeppelin »

A big thank you Andy and all of the other regulars that have said nice things about last night. It was not without its frustrations most of whcih were out of our control. including last minute drop outs!

Comment has been passed amongst the Northolt personnel how well behaved "Our " Supporters of these events are......! Thank you all for your patience and continued support! :clap: :clap:
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende

PorkScratching
UKAR Staff

Post by PorkScratching »

No worries Phil, and glad to hear we're making a good impression! I think we all realise drop-outs are inevitable. To be honest, if everything turned up it would be too crowded on the ASP for good shots anyway, so I reckon the balance of what you try to arrange compared to what actually turns up is spot on.

RRconway

Post by RRconway »

A belated but well deserved thankyou to Phil, Lee and the CO for organizing and running another successful nightshoot.

I loved the way we kept getting unexpected bonus shots, fire tender and inside the hangers etc....I must have lost several pounds running up and down every time a shout went up about hangers opening or fire tenders emptying their tanks etc....didn't know what to photograph next :dizzy:

So thanks again from me and Keith and Sue (nubies) who are looking forward to next time :smile:

Jeff.
P.S and for those of you wondering, no I didn't lose them this time :tongue2:
I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what I said is not what I meant.

Graf Zeppelin

Post by Graf Zeppelin »

A few have posted some nice images of the fire section laying down water. Are there any more out there? :biggrin:
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende

andyxh558

Post by andyxh558 »

Your Wish is my command!
Imagefireaa1 by andyxh558, on Flickr

Imagefire-aenen by andyxh558, on Flickr