BBMF Display 2010 query

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
eddywinch82

BBMF Display 2010 query

Post by eddywinch82 »

Hi there,

Just wondering I have seen the Lancaster Spitfire and hurricane of the bbmf arrive from behind
the crowd at duxford and Blackpool airshows this season. Just wondering does anyone know if the BBMF Dakota, spitfire and hurricane have arrived in formation from behind
the crowd at any airshows this season ? any pics would be welcome if possible, any info would be appreciated

Best Regards

JAB

Re: BBMF Display 2010 query

Post by JAB »

I think this is a new thing they are doing now I saw them do it at the september duxford so I be looking out next to see if they do it again. Though the one I like was at bournemouth last year they did it with lancaster flying in from the left and the fighters straight ahead then spilt,

James
Supporting WZ507.

The Americans claim victory right at the end.
As ever.

paulb1973

Post by paulb1973 »

Did it at RIAT Fairford too - well the Lancaster did.

philh

Post by philh »

they did Lanc, Spit & Hurri did it at Jersey in Sept

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Apparently, this year the BBMF got the special waiver to start from behind the crowds, which the reds already had.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

SilentFlight

Post by SilentFlight »

The BBMF, Blades, Reds, Black Cats and the Aero Stars (as many as I can think of) all have CAA clearence for crowd rear arrivals, it is upto the individual display venue and organisers to decide whether they want them to do it!

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

SilentFlight wrote:it is upto the individual display venue and organisers to decide whether they want them to do it!
Well, apparently not if the Reds are concerned, if a member of the RNLAF's show FCC (also being discussed at this board, mostly under his callsign Sheik) is to be believed. The Reds should have told them something like "crowd rear arrival or nothing at all", pointing to their CAA approval. (BTW, at that show, the only day the Lancaster made it to the show, it arrived from the left.)
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

eddywinch82

Post by eddywinch82 »

does anyone on this forum know if the BBMF have displayed the Dakota Spitfire and Hurricane as a three ship i.e. arriving together at any airshows this year and
also if they arrived from behind the crowd ? ps. thanks for the other replies to my initial post

Any info would be appreciated

Regards