Northolt Night Photoshoot XI

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
andyxh558

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot XI

Post by andyxh558 »

A massive thank you to Phil for organising another great event. and as for some of the detractors who complain :tongue2: (ooh always wanted to use it.)

zigzag

Post by zigzag »

Just want to add my thanks to Phil and the rest of the boys, another great night, looking forward to the next one already.
If you like these pics there are more utterly brilliant shots at https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
#MOT

PorkScratching
UKAR Staff

Post by PorkScratching »

Thanks from me (plus 3) for another great evening Phil, Lee and co. Having movements and rotors turning always adds to the spectacle, and the F70 was gorgeous.

Rick

Post by Rick »

Top evening from Phil & Co. :clap:
Roll on the next one.

Phil,
When is the next one planned ?

Cheers

Rick
Slackers of the World unite !
Tomorrow.

Harlequin67
UKAR Supporter

Post by Harlequin67 »

Another great evening, it is always sad when aircraft cancel and I know that Phil is as pained as the photographers, he has put the effort in and he wants to photograph the aircraft as well!

However, the addition of the Dutch Royal Flight (?) VIP Fokker 70 was a fantatstic catch. I had seen this come into Heathrow a few times, but never had a camera to hand! Many thanks for that chance to get a shot.

I would like to thank the crews for bringing their aircraft and I would like to apologise to the French Alpha Jet crew for my woefully inadequate French to say thanks for putting the lights on, and I hope the batteries in the plane were not completely discharged!

The chance to capture 3 helicopters starting and engines runing is always a great opportunity. I must admit capturing a helicopter in the hover at night is a damn sight trickier than I thought! I blame the camera not the photographer. :grin:

RRconway wrote:A big thankyou once again to Phil, Lee and all at RAF Northolt for another great night under the lights from me and my cousin who was a Northolt Nightshoot newbie, but is eager to return!!!!

Thankyou all :clap:

Cheers,
Jeff.

Also RRconway would like to thank the person who provided the Hi-viz vest, because he had forgotten. Jeff the list of things is growing, lost car keys, forgotten remote shutter switch, and now this...Tsk, Tsk... :grin:
Aviation photographer - Achievement unlocked

A380FWWOW

Post by A380FWWOW »

Another great evening at Northolt. Thank You again to Phil and the Team who I know are also affected by the cancellations! Its always a shame when an aircraft cancels but thats life!

And a big thanks to the Bacon Butty service, they were excellent and great value for money.

We all look forward to the next event! :) :worship: It should be a good one
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65589468@N04/
View on this site are my views and not those of any organisation!

D90Man

Post by D90Man »

....the gangs all here......well nearly everyone :lol:

Leon
"Sharpness is in the eye of the holder"
More at http://www.planephotos.org.uk

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

Yup just like to add my thanks to Phil, the team & aircrews. Only my 2nd nightshoot at Northolt but I thought it was fantastic... :clap:

TonyO

Post by TonyO »

Thanks again Phil, still amazes me that you can draw in the Irish and French from over the water, but our own AAC can't make it with a single aircraft. Heyho!

Getting the lights on the 146 was a nice bonus too!
Do you want the Aladeen news or the Aladeen news?

aceebee

Post by aceebee »

Here here. Thanks to Phil and all those that contributed to organizing this. My first Northolt Night Photoshoot and very very grateful for the opportunity. Great bunch of people and the facilities were top notch. I have to admit I was knackered after all that. Must get myself some knee-pads.

Thanks, thanks and thanks

Alastair Barbour (AKA aceebee)

Unedited pics on Flickr at www.flickr.com/#/photos/52728482@N05/ but probably not any different to any others taken on the night.

Binky Airways
Location: 2 Hours on the London Underground from London Heathrow

Post by Binky Airways »

Just want to say thank you to Phil for setting up the night shoot. As a first timer doing aircraft night shoots it was a fantastic night and I hope to do more in the future and I look forward to do another Northolt night shoot especially since I am a Londoner so it's easily more convenient for me. :clap:

(5468 /VX) Aerospatiale AS-555 AN Fennec (French Air Force)
Last edited by Binky Airways on Fri 13 Apr 2012, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andyxh558

Post by andyxh558 »

Wonder if the French guys made it to a certain Gentlemans club on the A4? hmm

RRconway

Post by RRconway »

Harlequin67 wrote:Another great evening, it is always sad when aircraft cancel and I know that Phil is as pained as the photographers, he has put the effort in and he wants to photograph the aircraft as well!

However, the addition of the Dutch Royal Flight (?) VIP Fokker 70 was a fantatstic catch. I had seen this come into Heathrow a few times, but never had a camera to hand! Many thanks for that chance to get a shot.

I would like to thank the crews for bringing their aircraft and I would like to apologise to the French Alpha Jet crew for my woefully inadequate French to say thanks for putting the lights on, and I hope the batteries in the plane were not completely discharged!

The chance to capture 3 helicopters starting and engines runing is always a great opportunity. I must admit capturing a helicopter in the hover at night is a damn sight trickier than I thought! I blame the camera not the photographer. :grin:

RRconway wrote:A big thankyou once again to Phil, Lee and all at RAF Northolt for another great night under the lights from me and my cousin who was a Northolt Nightshoot newbie, but is eager to return!!!!

Thankyou all :clap:

Cheers,
Jeff.

Also RRconway would like to thank the person who provided the Hi-viz vest, because he had forgotten. Jeff the list of things is growing, lost car keys, forgotten remote shutter switch, and now this...Tsk, Tsk... :grin:

Not forgotton....just in the special pocket that my keys were in last time!!!! :tongue2:
I keep it in there in case I ever find myself photographing aeroplanes on an active airfield....doh!!!! :lol:

Cheers,
Jeff.
I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what I said is not what I meant.

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

Looks like another top night, sadly me being in Telford now and just starting a new business meant I couldn't make it.. I will be at the next all being well!
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

C7MPR

Post by C7MPR »

Many thanks to Phil and others for organising a great night. My first Northolt Photoshoot......cant wait for the next one! Glad that the rain stayed away. Top notch burgers !

Martin Reynolds (aka Biffo)
Martin

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

2nd nightshoot and still not found where they sell the bacon rolls / burgers that everyone speaks so highly of, next time I might need someone to show me.... :biggrin:

A380FWWOW

Post by A380FWWOW »

lynothehammer wrote:2nd nightshoot and still not found where they sell the bacon rolls / burgers that everyone speaks so highly of, next time I might need someone to show me.... :biggrin:

Thats really bad if your missing the Bacon Rolls, they really round a great evening off well!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65589468@N04/
View on this site are my views and not those of any organisation!

Ruislip Rustler

Post by Ruislip Rustler »

Angry man mode off now....
Last edited by Ruislip Rustler on Sat 14 Apr 2012, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Insert witty / sarcastic / uncalled for comment (* delete as applicable)

www.leezpics.com

D90Man

Post by D90Man »

...one of whom was being shown how to take photo's and was using a flash.....perhaps a word in the ear next time?

Leon
"Sharpness is in the eye of the holder"
More at http://www.planephotos.org.uk

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

TonyO wrote:Thanks again Phil, still amazes me that you can draw in the Irish and French from over the water, but our own AAC can't make it with a single aircraft. Heyho!

Maybe next time they can send Gazelle, Lynx AH7 and Apache for all the times they've cancelled. :tongue:

Graf Zeppelin

Post by Graf Zeppelin »

D90Man wrote:...one of whom was being shown how to take photo's and was using a flash.....perhaps a word in the ear next time?

Leon

I did speak to them about not using flash and the whys and wherefores as to why of the prohibition of flash on the flightline
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende

drumsey

Post by drumsey »

Could someone confirm which squadron/base the French Alphas were from?

thanks

Darren
Canon 30D & 10D
Canon 70-200L F2.8 & 28-105USM
Uniden 3500XLT & BCT15

IanOlder

Post by IanOlder »

drumsey wrote:Could someone confirm which squadron/base the French Alphas were from?

Asked Phil the same yesterday, ET 01.008 'Saintonge' from Cazaux

drumsey

Post by drumsey »

IanOlder wrote:
drumsey wrote:Could someone confirm which squadron/base the French Alphas were from?

Asked Phil the same yesterday, ET 01.008 'Saintonge' from Cazaux

Thanks Ian.
Canon 30D & 10D
Canon 70-200L F2.8 & 28-105USM
Uniden 3500XLT & BCT15

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Any news on XII yet Phil? :biggrin: