Ryanair told they're "pushing their luck on human factors"

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Bubbles

Re: Ryanair told they're "pushing their luck on human factor

Post by Bubbles »

Hardly comes as a surprise does it.
Is the Vulcan ruining your life? Call this number! 0161 952 0762. Let Jeremy sort it out.

uk-ian

Post by uk-ian »

I'd heard all of this before, from a friend who flies for them.
Personally, I've never flown RyanAir and never will.

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Old news.

Mo'L has been denied by court (http://reporter.kro.nl/seizoenen/2012/afleveringen/28-12-2012/judge_denies_ryanair_access_to_kro_footage) to get to know which persons are concerned about this, now he is (or gets someone from his company) going the internal screaming way, as could be expected if you have seen these TV programs.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Actually , that's not quite correct.
As the article states , it was an interlocutory ruling as part of ongoing legal proceedings -- basically , Ryanair's legal department wanted access to the footage before the court case had been decided.
Presumably , if Ryanair win the actual court case they would then be granted access to the footage.

And regarding Ryanair , their legal department & accusations made 'anonymously' on the Internet , people could do worse than read the following threads on the PPRuNe Forum :
http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/501298-subpoena-us-court.html & http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/491559-4-ryanair-aircraft-declare-fuel-emergency-same-time.html { with the latter , the last few pages in particular }
As I mentioned on the now-deleted original XH558 topic , some companies & organisations { Ryanair in particular } are actively pursuing people who post false & malicious allegations on the internet.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

JackyRIATWilson

Post by JackyRIATWilson »

Shocking. Even the basics are ignored.

swingy

Post by swingy »

Interesting. I can actually see both sides to these arguments. That said I would like to know that when I put my seat upright and stow my table the guys up front have not dragged themselves there so they can make their mortgage payment that month. I would be interested to know what oversight Ryanair's safety department undertake to ensure pilots are getting appropriate rest etc after all if it is your nickel are you going to use the cheapest hotel or use one that provides the correct environment for rest. While I can see the Ryanair argument that they expect the pilots to act responsibly Ryanair must surely have a duty of care to provide audit / oversight on the application of procedures etc.

Anyway my preference would be good old BA any day.

flyboy

Post by flyboy »

I know a Pilot and two cabin crew working with Ryanair, they have no problems with the company and the pilots go through a very tough training course and constantly get checked out, their maintenance is top class and if a company who started flying in 1985 and thank God have never lost a passenger they must be doing something right. I fly with Ryanair on a regular basis, never had a problem they get me where I want to go safely and get me back again. The latest figures out from Ryanair are below

RYANAIR PREDICTS SLOWER GROWTH FOR NEW FINANCIAL YEAR - Ryanair has reported annual profit after tax up 13% to reach €569m. The airline says its traffic grew by 5% to 79.3 million and that by the end of its financial year in March it had 1,600 routes. Revenue of €4.88 billion, was up 13% year on year. Ryanair says it is now the number one airline in Ireland, Spain, Italy and Poland, and that within five years it will have 20% of the European short-haul market.

Ryanair's deputy chief executive Howard Millar says the airline delivered a strong performance in the 12 months to the end of March, but predicts that profits will rise only modestly in the next 12 months by 5% to around €570-600m. Predicting a slower rate of growth, Mr Millar says the airline's aircraft delivery programme came to an end last year, although it will be getting more new planes in 2014 while higher oil costs will also hit the company. But he says that Ryanair is still predicting a rise in profits compared to its competitors which are seeing profits fall.

The chief executive of Ryanair, Michael O'Leary, recently confirmed that he plans to stay in the role for another five years and Howard Millar said that with many airlines in difficulty across Europe, both O'Leary and Ryanair see 'tremendous opportunities' to grow.

Mr Millar said that a trans-Atlantic service was not something Ryanair were looking at in the immediate future, although he did admit that the airline constantly keep things 'under review'. He also confirmed that the airline is considering introducing on-flight entertainment on some of its longer-haul flights, such as those from Dublin to the Canary Islands.

Concorde216

Post by Concorde216 »

Ryanair push their luck anyway :whistle:

aceyone

Post by aceyone »

Concorde216 wrote:Ryanair push their luck anyway :whistle:

They'll be pushing their aircraft soon by all accounts :grin:
Don't know about those jets ,they spoil a very nice place

Stuka

Post by Stuka »

Used Ryanair a few times, never a problem, and would use them again.

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

Stuka wrote:Used Ryanair a few times, never a problem, and would use them again.

Likewise
I've had two return flights by Ryanair in the last few years, really good. I'm also as Easyjet fan, just did 5 hours each way to Jordan with them, very comfortabke great service. (Neither any different to BA, I recently did BA to Berlin) except that the cheapies crews seem happier.
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

ericbee123

Post by ericbee123 »

Ryanair have cancelled three routes on me that I have had flights booked on. All of them I also had other flights and hotels booked so had to find alternative flights for the parts of the trips that Ryanair was booked for.

Once unlucky, twice was very bad, third time makes me not want to use them again unless absolutely necessary. Only used them once since last cancellation.

Once you actually book and get on the flight they are ok. Getting from booking to flight without them scrapping the route is a gamble ( in my experience )
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

DanO1978 wrote:
tankbuster wrote:
Stuka wrote:Used Ryanair a few times, never a problem, and would use them again.

Likewise
I've had two return flights by Ryanair in the last few years, really good. I'm also as Easyjet fan, just did 5 hours each way to Jordan with them, very comfortabke great service. (Neither any different to BA, I recently did BA to Berlin) except that the cheapies crews seem happier.

EasyJet and Ryanair are fine, so long as you treat them just as you'd treat a bus. They're perfectly good from getting from A to B (well, more accurately a point 100km from B), so long as you're going on a short trip and have minimal baggage. Eat and drink before you fly, follow their instructions, and accept that it won't be a five-star luxury trip.

Reasoable summary except I revel in not having any food. I have never had 5 star or even 2 star food on a plane except BA shuttle breakfasts 20 years ago, so to my mind no food is better than any food. The pub grub that Ryanair and Easy jet charge you for is at least edible.
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

swingy

Post by swingy »

Best meal ever was Singapore first class.

I have used them all including Ryanair and Ryanair dont come close to the top of the pile although they are better than internal Air India flights :lol:

Ben H
UKAR Supporter

Post by Ben H »

Best yet most unsuitable airline food was some delicious but ferociously spicy noodle dish on a flight from Borneo to Kuala Lumpar with Malaysian...at 5:50 in the morning. Not the most easily palatable breakfast, I tell you! :shock: :dizzy: