Mildenhall CV22's

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Phantom ACE

Mildenhall CV22's

Post by Phantom ACE »

Does anyone know if the CV22's that arrived Mildenhall are flying operations or doing anything at all yet ?

Have a few days free next week prior to RIAT and with arrivals for Wednesday looking decidedly thin this year was possibly thinking of heading over to the Hall for the day.

Cheers,
Al.

Brevet Cable

Re: Mildenhall CV22's

Post by Brevet Cable »

Nope !!

According to posts on FighterControl , they haven't moved since they arrived & one of them is currently in a somewhat dismantled state undergoing repairs { presuably the one that went tech in Canada ?? }
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Phantom ACE

Post by Phantom ACE »

Thanks Brevet, that would account for the lack of news since their arrival, I imagine we will all know when they do start ops.

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

Brevet Cable wrote:Nope !!

According to posts on FighterControl , they haven't moved since they arrived & one of them is currently in a somewhat dismantled state undergoing repairs { presuably the one that went tech in Canada ?? }

That's not entirely true.. One of them did a short test flight last Tuesday :grin:
Gary

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Does "take off , buzz around the airfield , land" really count , though ?? :lmao:
아직도 숨어있다

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

If it left the ground yes :roll: Going by your logic the Wright brothers flight wouldn't of counted :whistle: :tongue:
Gary

Rockhopper

Post by Rockhopper »

The ones they had out here (KAF) used to spend a lot of time being repaired which was just was well as they are incredibly noisy in flight!

Rule 27

Post by Rule 27 »

One flew again this afternoon. It's now broken again.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

You couldn't make it up , could you !! :roll: :lmao:
I bet Mildenhall's SOG are already pleading to have their trusty old MH-53s back !!
아직도 숨어있다

GhostFlight91

Post by GhostFlight91 »

God I miss the MH-53s. Its pot luck I know but popping down the hall at the weekend for a night. I know theres more than likely to be the odd based tanker going out and a few odd visitors but WHEN the CV-22s have been moving has this been known to be on a weekend. Fingers and everything else crossed to actually see one get off the ground.
PLANEPLOTTER RTL1090 ADS-B DONGLE|REALISTIC PRO 26: 25-1300MHz|SONY ALPHA A200|COSINA AF 100-300mm|MINOLTA AF 35-105mm

Monty

Post by Monty »

SOG doesn't fly on weekends ...

A CV-22 has been up every afternoon this week so far, so it seems like you should see them if you went on a weekday at the moment.
Canon EOS 50D
Canon 18-55mm IS
Canon 70-300mm IS USM F-4.0/5.6

1094 (Ely) Sqn ATC

GhostFlight91

Post by GhostFlight91 »

Gutted :down: I know they don't fly at weekends but was hoping to get lucky on the off chance. Sadly I am a Grimsby lad and don't get much chance to get down with work only weekends here and there :sad: Thank you Monty
PLANEPLOTTER RTL1090 ADS-B DONGLE|REALISTIC PRO 26: 25-1300MHz|SONY ALPHA A200|COSINA AF 100-300mm|MINOLTA AF 35-105mm

Mike

Post by Mike »

Monty wrote:SOG doesn't fly on weekends ...

Are the operations 'special' because they are only allowed to take place during working hours on a Monday-Friday? Isn't that a bit inconvenient if any prospective enemy doesn't agree to play by those rules as well?

JJC

Post by JJC »

Mike wrote:
Monty wrote:SOG doesn't fly on weekends ...

Are the operations 'special' because they are only allowed to take place during working hours on a Monday-Friday? Isn't that a bit inconvenient if any prospective enemy doesn't agree to play by those rules as well?

Just because they aren't flying, doesn't mean they aren't prepared to deploy on operations the same. :roll:
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''