SNAFU sold?

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Pen Pusher

Re: SNAFU sold?

Post by Pen Pusher »

'Snafu' and the MkXIV Spitfire are sitting out on the airfield looking ready to fly. :biggrin:

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Mike

Post by Mike »

Bye bye SNAFU. :sad:

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Pen Pusher wrote:'Snafu' and the MkXIV Spitfire are sitting out on the airfield looking ready to fly. :biggrin:
Ah , but with or without LRTs ?? :wink: :lol:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

8674planes

Post by 8674planes »

The fighter collection always have aircraft coming and going. An example would be the sales of "No Guts No Glory", Tigercat, P39 and P-51C around 2007. And in recent years aircraft have been restored and brought to replace them such as "SNAFU" Hawk 75, P40B and P40F and Gladiator. I would imagine that this will always happen as the UK warbird scene has always been fluid with aircraft being brought, restored and sold.
"radial engines don't drip oil, they mark their territory"

Petedcollins

Post by Petedcollins »

Brevet Cable wrote:Strange as it may seem , I actually agree with Duxfordian !! :shock:
{ Bet that's shocked some of you !! :lol: }
Unless the posters who claim to be "in the know" are either employed by TFC or have otherwise signed some sort of confidentiality / non-disclosure agreement , the only other reason for not putting the information in the public domain is because it must give them an opportunity to indulge in a bit of "I know something you don't" 'appendage-waving'.

Oh , and just to play that game myself.........I was told some very interesting information about certain aircraft , organisations & locations the other day , but as I promised not to divulge it .... :tongue2: :butt:

The people who own these aircraft will make this public knowledge when they want to, simple as that really. I only commented on SNAFU as it was leaked on PPRUNE, Key and another 2 sites first.

As I said before, the nature with internet forums and the like is that everyone thinks they are entitled to know everything right away, sadly it doesnt work that way.

Brian I think knows whats going on ;)

But the reason we know whats going on and can give some veiled clues is that we are trusted with this info because we DONT go blabbing it about. As I said it will all become public knowledge in good time, just as a case and point, there was a potential buyer from the USA in the UK looking to buy 2 aircraft ... but we will see if that comes to pass or not, in addition to the ones we are already discussing.

Pete

Edit: as a Ps its not all bad news, I know of 3 American based warbirds heading for these shores

Rule 27

Post by Rule 27 »

And thus, the "I know something but won't tell you" post appears again :)

Mike

Post by Mike »

As has already been said, aeroplanes move around all the time. For example, if you put together a list of aeroplanes that have passed through TFC's hands over the years, it is not hard to get the count up past 50 (excluding those they still have). Those that have been moved on have benefitted almost all of the major collectors. If you name a major collector anywhere in the world over the last 3 decades, the chances are that they have benefitted from an aeroplane that has passed through TFC's hands.

Duxfordian

Post by Duxfordian »

Hear hear.

Perhaps the mods can start a new rule banning this sort of know all post?

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

Yes, because uniformed speculation is so much better than gentle hints from those who know isn't it. :roll:

I suspect jealousy may be involved here.

Petedcollins

Post by Petedcollins »

DanO1978 wrote:
Petedcollins wrote:Edit: as a Ps its not all bad news, I know of 3 American based warbirds heading for these shores

#willywaving

As others have said, put up or shut up. On top of your boasting about spending Legends with TFC, you're now playing the "I know more than you, but I'm not telling" game.

Tiresome.

Funny Dan, people have been describing you as tiresome for years.

As for boasting, I mentioned it in one my photo threads, wahoo...

I still await the day when you can actually either pay for a duxford show or say something positive about something someone else is doing, but I suspect we will have a King George before that happens...

Grow up mate.
Last edited by Petedcollins on Fri 26 Jul 2013, 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Petedcollins

Post by Petedcollins »

DanO1978 wrote:
Petedcollins wrote:
DanO1978 wrote:
Petedcollins wrote:Edit: as a Ps its not all bad news, I know of 3 American based warbirds heading for these shores

#willywaving

As others have said, put up or shut up. On top of your boasting about spending Legends with TFC, you're now playing the "I know more than you, but I'm not telling" game.

Tiresome.

Funny Dan, people have been describing you as tiresome for years.

As for boasting, I mentioned it in one my photo threads, wahoo...

I still await the day when you can actually either pay for a duxford show or say something positive about something someone else is doing, but I suspect we will have a King George before that happens...

Grow up mate.

How much did you pay for your Duxford ticket this year, out of interest, seeing as you were a guest of TFC...

"Freeloading" doesn't have to be from the outside...

You make me laugh with despair that one of the prominant airshow sites in the UK is moderated by people like you.

You are the embodiement of why owners of these machines do not bother giving out information, because no matter the effort they go to there is nothing but bitterness and jealousy that comes from people like you

Go and enjoy the time in the field Dan, perhaps it is actually better to keep people like you away from the general public

UKTopgun
UKAR Supporter

Post by UKTopgun »

Now, now ladies :handbag:
If Snafu goes, so be it. Maybe, and this is wishful thinking, we will get 'Grumpy' back soon. That would be :yahoo:

neilos

Post by neilos »

UKTopgun wrote:Now, now ladies :handbag:
If Snafu goes, so be it. Maybe, and this is wishful thinking, we will get 'Grumpy' back soon. That would be :yahoo:

Ahhhh, 'Grumpy'..... :drool: :love:

Pat Murphy

Post by Pat Murphy »

UKTopgun wrote:Now, now ladies :handbag:

Quite Mr Topgun, I think the heat and humidity is getting to a number of posters on here. As for Grumpy, nice as a B25 is, I would prefer Mosquito KA114 to be brought over :smile: if SNAFU must be sold :sad: , especially now as young Mr Grey could be able to fly the heavier twin types (subject to his rating of course)

Meanwhile, can we all be friends and keep it civil? :smile:

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Snafu now on the ground at Stansted Airport for a WWII USAAF Reunion. TV reports on local news tonight, apparently.

Just waiting for it to come back later.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

Mike

Post by Mike »

Grumpy?

It has been sold twice since being in TFC's ownership, and is now firmly ensconsed in the Pacific Northwest in the same collection a bunch of other former Duxford residents, the ex-TFC Bearcat, ex-Plane Sailing Tigercat and ex-Historic Flying Spitfire IX. I can't see any circumstances under which the owner would wish to bring it back to the UK, or any other of his collection.

PorkScratching

Post by PorkScratching »

Pen Pusher wrote:Snafu now on the ground at Stansted Airport

Not being airfreighted out already is it?

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

No one has told the engineers then who are waiting for it to come back. :biggrin:

Brian

DfG on Facebook

neilos

Post by neilos »

Pen Pusher wrote:Snafu now on the ground at Stansted Airport for a WWII USAAF Reunion. TV reports on local news tonight, apparently.

Just waiting for it to come back later.

Brian

Unless its been sold to Ryanair..... :hide:

hmeasures

Post by hmeasures »

Unless its been sold to Ryanair..... :hide:

What's the baggage allowance on that :grin:

In all seriousness, will be sad to see her go, great looking and sounding machine :sad: Wonder what, if anything, will replace her (bar the P40).

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

DerekF wrote:Yes, because uniformed speculation is so much better than gentle hints from those who know isn't it. :roll:

Nope.......
There was one person the on the VTTS Forum& others { presumably some of the mods on here know who he is } who sometimes posted to correct various errors/misconceptions regarding XH558 & the Trust ,but he always appended his posts with something along the lines of "I can't say more because of the confidentiality agreement I signed "
Fair enough.
BUT....if you aren't in the same situation , then quite simply , as myself , DanO' & others have said , you are merely "willy waving".
As I said before.......If you are "in the know" yet haven't signed a confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement then there is no reason not so post what you know other than "willy waving".
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

All I see is Petedcollins hinting in a roundabout way what has been guessed at anyway. If that is "willywaving" then I give up. :surrender:

I think the green-eyed monster "how dare someone know something that I don't " is at play here.

DanH

Post by DanH »

It isn't jealousy. It's people showing an understandable interest and indeed concern for something about which they care greatly.
Always seeking to lower the tone...

https://danhphotography.picfair.com/

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Brevet Cable wrote:BUT....if you aren't in the same situation , then quite simply , as myself , DanO' & others have said , you are merely "willy waving".
As I said before.......If you are "in the know" yet haven't signed a confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement then there is no reason not so post what you know other than "willy waving".

What information I know about what's going on at Duxford is because I'm told it on the understanding that it is NOT made public or plastered all over the forums, and as I don't make it public or plaster it all over the forums, I get to hear all sorts of juicy info.

If we're 'willy wavers' then those of you who are complaining are just showing your immaturity by throwing your toys out of the pram and having a hissy fit because some of us grown ups/more mature aviation enthusiasts are trusted with information more than you are.

Simples :biggrin:

Brian

DfG on Facebook

Rule 27

Post by Rule 27 »

Brian, the point it (with the exception of your latest post) you're not going around saying "I know exactly what's going on but I'm not going to tell you, so ha"