Whats happened to `Breakaway Aviation Tours` ?

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
chipmunk22

Whats happened to `Breakaway Aviation Tours` ?

Post by chipmunk22 »

Just wondering if anybody knows if Breakaway Aviation Tours has ceased to exist ??
Run by a great chap called Rick Sleight,the website link is now dead. :sad:
Great shame,as I enjoyed some great base visits with them.

Does anyone know of any other tour groups that organize visits to military bases in the UK ??

Kind Regards

chipmunk22

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Re: Whats happened to `Breakaway Aviation Tours` ?

Post by Thumper »

Someone on here posted up photo's from a Yeovilton base visit back in the summer of this year, I think it was through a local aviation group. That's a shame if they are not still going.

hunterxf382

Post by hunterxf382 »

You could try contacting Rick via his other website?:

http://www.sl8aviationphotography.co.uk/contact-details/
Pete Buckingham
Volunteer in Aviation
Former RAF Engineer
http://hunterxf382.weebly.com/

lambo17841

Post by lambo17841 »

Yahoo group AirwayUL9 do some civil and military base visits.
Farnborough coming up in November,have recently done Yeovilton and HMS Sultan.

John in Sussex

chipmunk22

Post by chipmunk22 »

Many thanks for the replies.

chipmunk22

SPLAT

Post by SPLAT »

Globemaster from the West Midlands arrange uk trips including spotter Havens such as Shawbury etc.

Rule 27

Post by Rule 27 »

This has just been posted by Rick on the Touchdown list

Dear all.
Unfortunately several problems in the past few months have precluded me from doing anything re aviation trips.

Firstly in the summer my laptop died and hard drive crashed and I lost ALL data re trips group, etc.

Secondly I suffered a loss of BlackBerry and therefore when replaced I had no contacts as for a start I was on different sized sim card.

Then finally, sadly I have been having personal problems at home and 3 weeks ago tomorrow Kirsty made me leave home and sińce I have been staying wherever I could with no internet access until recently. I am now settled somewhere but I have been ill (not surprising really!) with chest infection and sickness. Also as many people will recall I had M.E. Back in 1997 -2001 so I am being careful with my health but it's been difficult having only seen my 3 children once in 3 weeks, so aircraft as you can imagine have taken a back seat.

I can only apologise to all who have been trying to reach me and I know I have quite a few things to sort of for trip refunds for people.

I am getting this done slowly as I only have limited access at work. So I appreciate it's not ideal but I have a lot to sort out in my life and I will sort everyone out.

I know my good mate Garf (who has been a massive help) has already informed a few people of my news and I apologise to the list owners for using this forum but it's the best way I can reach people having lost all my details in the crash. This is also why the BAT site is closed, as I have no information to get it back.

So, what I would say is the following:

If people need to reach me then please send an email to ricksleight@yahoo.co.uk and I will respond as soon as I can.

I'm really sorry all trip stuff for the latter part of 2013 has gone wrong but sadly my personal life HAS to come first.

I am putting aviation on the back burner for now but i'm sure I will be back, as I've too many friends in aviation that I miss for a start.

Anyway I look forward to hearing from you all and once again APOLOGIES to all for my lack of comms in the past months but things just haven't been possible.

Rick

chipmunk22

Post by chipmunk22 »

Wow,that explains everything. :shock:
Really sad news about Rick`s personal circumstances,hope he can sort things out.
His personal life must always come first.

Chipmunk22