Jet Age Museum Break In

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
bigdan

Jet Age Museum Break In

Post by bigdan »

When the lads arrived to work in the museum, yesterday, something was not quite right.
One of the windows in the main hangar doors had been broken and glass was scattered all over the floor. :mad:
I wont say what we think of these people, but we think they were after the money. Thankfully we ain't that silly to leave it there.
The main thing is that two of the new Javelin Airfix models and a Vulcan model were taken. As they probably havent got the IQ to put one together, only God knows where you they will try and get rid if them. Thankfully no damage was done to the exhibits.
Thanks go to the Gloucestershire Airport maintenance team for fitting the new window.

Jet Age Museum is open on weekends 10-4, located on the Meteor Business Park, just off the Cheltenham Road East, Staverton, five minutes from j11 M5, if you'd like to come and see us.
Last edited by bigdan on Sun 15 Dec 2013, 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JetAge Museum volunteer
Can be usually be found at Gloucester or Halfpenny Green.
twitter @danno978

chipmunk22

Re: Jet Age Museum Break In

Post by chipmunk22 »

Really sad to here that :mad:
Shame the lowlife scumbags didn`t slit their wrists on the broken glass.
Thankfully,no major damage done.

Keep up the good work :clap:
chipmunk22

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

That's a shame. Sorry to hear that.

Imo I doubt you'll see those models on sale anywhere, probably more likely that they saw them as an opportunity for a Christmas present for someone once they figured out the money wasn't there.

Glad to hear that a new window has been fixed already and that there was no other significant damage. Could have been a lot worse by the sounds of it!

ianf

Post by ianf »

Sorry to hear about this Dan. I can imagine what you think and I agree! :mad: At least no one was hurt and the exhibits are ok. It's something all museums dread I'm sure just hope this was a one off.

Ian
Victor XL231 Lusty Lindy, crew chief.
Our face book page. https://www.facebook.com/LustyLindy231/?ref=bookmarks

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

chipmunk22 wrote:Shame the lowlife scumbags didn`t slit their wrists on the broken glass.chipmunk22

Even scumbags like this are rarely stupid enough to go in through broken glass.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

On the upside, I managed to find sometime to start the wash-down on the Javelin. You don't realise just how big it is until you're on your knees with a bucket and cloths. Filthy is not the word. It didn't look that bad, then I looked at the bucket :sick: Hopefully will be finished next week.

Thank you all for the support
JetAge Museum volunteer
Can be usually be found at Gloucester or Halfpenny Green.
twitter @danno978