Dunsfold sold?

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Dunsfold sold?

Post by Domvickery »

That rhymed :grin:

Ben collins aka the stig just tweeted:
@BenCollinsStig: This just in, @BBC_TopGear track has been sold.. i'd better get down there to set a record before it turns into Milton Keynes
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

Vodka

Re: Dunsfold sold?

Post by Vodka »

sithrity

Post by sithrity »

I wonder if this has anything to do rumours that the BBC might be cutting top gear :question:
I don't know everything there is to know about our hobby.

Kids, aviation, missus then responsibilities, (in that order)

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

sithrity wrote:I wonder if this has anything to do rumours that the BBC might be cutting top gear :question:

That's probably more to do with the fact it's well past it's sell-by date. Become a parody of the show it once was.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

FlyingMachinesTV

Post by FlyingMachinesTV »

sithrity wrote:I wonder if this has anything to do rumours that the BBC might be cutting top gear :question:

I hear they are also planning to cancel "Sherlock", "Dr Who" and "Eastenders"

phreakf4

Post by phreakf4 »

IF the proposed housing goes ahead (and on recent form the Tories' darlings, the "developers" will get their way), that will spell the end for the Dunsfold Wings and Wheels show, and the filming of Top Gear and Dunsfold as a "quiet country village".

Profit over quality of life every time.....
nothing is confirmed at a show until its u/c hits the tarmac or it is running in for its display.....

DylanLlewellyn

Post by DylanLlewellyn »

I worked at Dunsfold for 3 years and this story has been doing the rounds since at least 2006, doubtful it will ever happen. If you know the area you will be aware that the local roads and infrastructure could not handle hundreds of homes and the hundreds more cars that would go with those homes. This is just another attempt by Dunsfold's owners to make more money from the site than they currently are.

There have been other rumours such as the site becoming a sustainable energy complex, a cargo hub for dedicated freight flights owned by Eddy Stobart (Airlines) etc etc

All pipe dreams.

As for Top Gear, it is true that it is not that popular with the owners of some of the larger properties in the area that don't like the sound of roaring engines and screaming tyres, but just like McLaren, Top Gear is a big revenue generator for the site and they get what they want!