Northolt Night Photoshoot XVII

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Pen Pusher

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot XVII

Post by Pen Pusher »

Fireworks were a nice touch. Must celebrate November 5th early down here in London as they were going off all around Northolt. Nice piccies if anyone caught them in the background. Star turn was the Bronco doing figure of eights around the pan stopping occasionally and smoking from one of the engines. Well done to Phil and the team for an excellent event despite a few cancellations. :clap:

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
DfG on Facebook

Chris B

Post by Chris B »

Can I just say a HUGE thank you to Phil and all who made the nightshoot possible
This was our first one and definitely not the last
A great evening and some super photographs
Chris n Lise

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Diwali is being celebarted tonight, hence the fireworks.

Talldan76
UKAR Staff

Post by Talldan76 »

Big thanks to Phil and the team... Very good evening, and the Apache off the bucket list!!!

Thanks again

Dan

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Excellent evening, great photos, Apache was worth the trip alone but it was all excellent. Thanks Phil!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

Best nightshoot i've done to date, amazing job once again done by Phil & his team.

Many thanks... :D

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

Yes indeed, many thanks to Phil and the team once again :clap: Apache and taxiing Bronco highlights of the evening. Even managed to get a couple with the fireworks in the background. :smile: Wasn't it nice and warm for a change too.
Roll on next March....
...Rad shutters auto.

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

Brilliant evening. Big thanks to Phil and all the Northolt guys
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

Another big "thank you" to Phil and all the team at Northolt :clap: :clap:

Andy :smile:

PorkScratching
UKAR Staff

Post by PorkScratching »

What a great event. Apache clearly the star, but the rest fantastic too, all enhanced by the Diwali fireworks. Thanks as usual to Phil, Lee and the team :clap:

IanH

Post by IanH »

Sounds like another cracker Phil. Disappointed I couldn't make it but so pleased it went well for you and the team.....yet again :smile: Hope you are not feeling too poorly.

Best wishes, Ian

JohnF

Post by JohnF »

Another excellent evening. Great to see the Apache & Puma. Many thanks once again to Phil & the team at Northolt. :clap:

paullangford

Post by paullangford »

First time for me Gaz and Jerry at a Northolt Nightshoot, brilliant fun & we'd like to go again, H U G E Thank you to Phill and the rest of the team and for everyone that turned up.........and for the weather...............and for Diwali :worship:

Paul

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

Echoing much of what has been said, this was my first visit to Northolt and my first night photo shoot. It really was an experience much better than I could possibly have hoped for. A big thank you first of all to Phil for organising this - it was a joy to be there. Many thanks to the other people involved in setting up the area for us and providing their services and facilities.

Loved the unexpected Apache (I didn't expect it anyway) and the fireworks in the background made a fantastic alternative picture indeed. Fair play to the Bronco team, I think they enjoyed their time here too and I walked away ten pounds lighter with a couple of their mementos.

A fabulous evening and has left me very hungry for more night action. I look forward to having another Norholt Night very soon indeed.

Phil - magician... :clap: :clap: :clap:

For the record - I saw nobody with a Saracens hat (then I saw Sam's post... so which one was you?) - I was the guy with the Network Rail hi-vis. Amazingly I didn't trip over my tripod and felt so very proud to squeeze out some fine shots, amazing even myself.

Take care all... it was good to meet you. :yahoo:

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

spellow3010 wrote:Phil - magician... :clap: :clap: :clap:

For the record - I saw nobody with a Saracens hat (then I saw Sam's post... so which one was you?) - I was the guy with the Network Rail hi-vis. Amazingly I didn't trip over my tripod and felt so very proud to squeeze out some fine shots, amazing even myself.

Take care all... it was good to meet you. :yahoo:

Haha, I was wearing the Lancasters hoodie and the medical-ish vest!

Yes the Bronco team also took ten of my pounds too! Worth it though, great to see them and I'm glad they had a good time.

I'll deffo try and be there in March!
Last edited by Wissam24 on Fri 24 Oct 2014, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

alisdair

Post by alisdair »

That was another superb evening... thank you to Phil + team, and to the various organisations who provided the visiting aircraft. The Apache was very welcome!!!

I've added my shots to here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/steam6016 ... 122295336/

Cheers,
Alisdair

Przemek

Post by Przemek »

Exellent event as always! oragnization gets better and better. I get there around 17:45 and havn't got any problems with traffic! Cars well packet inside the base so they didn't block main road. Fantastic aircraft as well. Thanks again. Can't wait for another one!

mjuler

Post by mjuler »

I'm still very much a novice to anything other than "point and click photography", but happy with my shots from last night. If anyone wants a look, you'll find a few here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/28717025@N03/sets/72157648525297479/.

Out of interest, I couldn't find anyone to give my passes back to, so still got them in the car. Phil - should I just keep these for next time, or would you like me to pop them in the post?

Looking forward to XVIII in 2015...

Julo

Post by Julo »

Another superb nightshoot as usual.

Cheers to Phil,Lee and others. for another fab event.
Also additional thanks to Phil for giving me and my friend a lift back to Ruislip Gardens station!
Was nice to see the Apache come in while I was handing out the passes.

My efforts from the Night viewtopic.php?f=9&t=63659

Super61

Post by Super61 »

Graf Zeppelin wrote:Bad news chaps, Just been informed by BASC Marseille that due to a large number of fires that have broken out in Corsica and more expected tomorrow all available Trackers have deployed to do their duty! We will try again for March. The Tracker Chief Pilot is as dissapointed as us.

Flew over Marseille on wednesday, the base was empty.

Graf Zeppelin

Post by Graf Zeppelin »

mjuler wrote:I'm still very much a novice to anything other than "point and click photography", but happy with my shots from last night. If anyone wants a look, you'll find a few here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/28717025@N03/sets/72157648525297479/.

Out of interest, I couldn't find anyone to give my passes back to, so still got them in the car. Phil - should I just keep these for next time, or would you like me to pop them in the post?

Looking forward to XVIII in 2015...

Can you pop the passes back in the post to me please?

Thanks

Phil
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende

tommercer
UKAR Supporter

Post by tommercer »

Can only echo these comments - thanks for another great night. The only thing I would say is that the new car parking did ruin shots towards that end of the pan and that it is getting a little expensive. I was a little disappointed that the price wasn't dropped slightly on the night given the number of cancellations (as was done at the other nightshoot earlier this year).

Other than that, fantastic job by all involved!

Tigger75

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot

Post by Tigger75 »

Hi i'm new to all this and really would like to attend the next night shoot.when is the next one held and how do we get our name down on the list to go?

RRconway

Post by RRconway »

A belated thanks to Phil and all the team at RAF Northolt and of course all the crews and units who supported the event, another cracking evening :clap:

Hope you're feeling better Phil.

Cheers,
Jeff.
I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what I said is not what I meant.

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

a big thanks to phil for a good night. The apache was a great surprise as was the qinetq Alpha jet. Alas I wont be putting any pics up as they didnt turn out too well but that was me I wasnt too well. but heres to the next one.
Start every day with a smile!