BOB Makes It To Cosford....

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Timc

BOB Makes It To Cosford....

Post by Timc »

...But having to negoiate the Railway Bridge and tight bend through Shifnal before reaching her final destination.

Wings and tailfin etc to come next weekend so rumour has it!

ImageCosford 2015-2-2 by Tim Croton, on Flickr

2. Mind that Carnival bunting!
ImageCosford 2015-4-2 by Tim Croton, on Flickr

ImageCosford 2015-8-2 by Tim Croton, on Flickr

4. Where there's a will there's a way!
ImageCosford 2015-10-2 by Tim Croton, on Flickr

ImageCosford 2015-13-2 by Tim Croton, on Flickr

ImageCosford 2015-17-2 by Tim Croton, on Flickr

ImageCosford 2015-19-2 by Tim Croton, on Flickr

TYPHOON3

Re: BOB Makes It To Cosford....

Post by TYPHOON3 »

Was this yesterday or Friday Tim ? The Tailfin is already there,not sure about the wings though.Thanks for posting these photos.

Timc

Post by Timc »

It was about two hours ago! :smile:

Russ

Post by Russ »

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Let's hope its looked after as its the only original RAF VC10 left in existence. :clap:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

Russ wrote:"BOB" now complete and on display at Cosford - http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/cosford/whats-going-on/news/vc10-rebuild-is-now-complete/

:clap: :cool:

Saw it at Cosford on Tuesday, it looks good next to the Hercules - I wonder what'll go on the other side of the Herc? Seeing it on Tuesday means that I saw it not long before dismantling began, and then days after the reconstruction was finished!
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Russ wrote:"BOB" now complete and on display at Cosford - http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/cosford/whats-going-on/news/vc10-rebuild-is-now-complete/

Smart - a trip to the mother-town is in order.

Andover

Post by Andover »

A VC10 where a VC10 used to be, parked next to a Herc, where the (similar) Belfast used to be. Still room for a...Voyager, in the future? - Where the (almost similar) 707 used to be. :grin:

Rick

Post by Rick »

Pringles wrote:

Saw it at Cosford on Tuesday, it looks good next to the Hercules - I wonder what'll go on the other side of the Herc? Seeing it on Tuesday means that I saw it not long before dismantling began, and then days after the reconstruction was finished!

Is BOB open to the public at all ?

Cheers
Slackers of the World unite !
Tomorrow.

Timc

Post by Timc »

VC-10 not open to the public but for next week RAFM are giving 15 minute tours inside the Nimrod for a fiver.

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

Not open?! What a miserable country with a can't do attitude. Last weekend at the museum at Budapest airport I went on IL18, Tu134, Tu154 and Yak40. The latter I sat in the cockpit whilst it was all powered up by a GPU. All lights and control surfaces functioning, even the morse from the ILS ident was on the speaker. All free once inside having paid the £3 entrance fee.

All very well thinking the interiors should be kept immaculate (which I find a contradiction of terms in airframes from the 60s) but the idea of museums is to 'display' is it not?

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Traveller wrote:Not open?! What a miserable country with a can't do attitude. Last weekend at the museum at Budapest airport I went on IL18, Tu134, Tu154 and Yak40. The latter I sat in the cockpit whilst it was all powered up by a GPU. All lights and control surfaces functioning, even the morse from the ILS ident was on the speaker. All free once inside having paid the £3 entrance fee.

All very well thinking the interiors should be kept immaculate (which I find a contradiction of terms in airframes from the 60s) but the idea of museums is to 'display' is it not?

Maybe the interior's not quite ready yet? As for keeping it immaculate, is it not going to be used as a working classroom, so they can't be too worried?

Your Hungary deal seems steep as well, you can get a similar experience with flashing lights and even a real feel of flight outside Morrisons for a quid! :joystick:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

and full motion it is also!