Blackbushe Crash

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
MRTT

Blackbushe Crash

Post by MRTT »

Unconfirmed reports of a plane crash at Blackbushe, no news on casualties- hope all is well.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

wv383

Re: Blackbushe Crash

Post by wv383 »

That must have been the reason for all the sirens that were tearing through Fleet about an hour ago.
Simon

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

From a friend there. .apparently was a Emb.Phenom. I won't note the registration.

Markie

Post by Markie »

Not good. Looks like it has come down onto cars parked at the British Car Auction site. Early reports are saying it was a Phenom. A30 is closed apparently

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

it is a Phenom 300. . . I know which one, but please no one start posting any reg' info or photos up ! the reg is visible on the tail.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Vodka wrote:it is a Phenom 300. . . I know which one, but please no one start posting any reg' info or photos up ! the reg is visible on the tail.

It's OK. The information is all on Flightradar anyway. :up:

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

And has already been posted on other fora. :roll:
( No , the :roll: isn't aimed at you 'Vodka' )
아직도 숨어있다

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Brevet Cable wrote:And has already been posted on other fora. :roll:

As well as all the major news broadcasters.
Last edited by Flare Path on Fri 31 Jul 2015, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

This tweet has an aerial view of the crash site, really doesn't look good for those on board :sad:
https://mobile.twitter.com/liam_Watson7 ... 7309752320

I don't understand 'Vodka's' determination for the reg to remain a secret though?
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Pringles wrote:This tweet has an aerial view of the crash site, really doesn't look good for those on board :sad:

I don't understand 'Vodka's' determination for the reg to remain a secret though?

Perhaps he's thinking loved ones may get informed of what is ultimately going to be bad news officially, before reading about it or surprised by someone saying "I'm sorry......" :dunno:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

JPZONE

Post by JPZONE »

Just found it on Flight Radar, didn't give a registration or a call sign. Came straight over Farnborough did 1 circuit at Blackbushe before it crashed.

http://www.flightradar24.com/2015-07-31/13:55

King Cobra

Post by King Cobra »

capercaillie wrote:
Pringles wrote:This tweet has an aerial view of the crash site, really doesn't look good for those on board :sad:

Perhaps he's thinking loved ones may get informed of what is ultimately going to be bad news officially, before reading about it or surprised by someone saying "I'm sorry......" :dunno:

Given the number of places on the internet that have mentioned the reg, let's hope UKAR is the only place on the web that people visit.

Cimmerian
UKAR Supporter

Post by Cimmerian »

Sky news reporting one dead.
Regards, Ken

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

Sky have just said that all 4 people on board have died. :sad:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

Ruislip Rustler

Post by Ruislip Rustler »

Because he's applying a little bit of common sense.

If you can identify the aircraft, you can find out who owns it, put 2+2 together to make 9 and have a punt at guessing who could have been on board and then posted a message that goes viral and ends up in the inbox/Twitter of someone who's worried sick because they've heard about a plane crash at an airfield where their loved one/work colleague was flying into.

That's why.

And it should be applied a little more in this gotta-know-everytrhing-now, super-connected world we inhabit.

Well done, Vodka! :clap:
Insert witty / sarcastic / uncalled for comment (* delete as applicable)

www.leezpics.com

Ray Purchase

Post by Ray Purchase »

Ruislip Rustler wrote:

If you can identify the aircraft, you can find out who owns it, put 2+2 together to make 9 and have a punt at guessing who could have been on board and then posted a message that goes viral and ends up in the inbox/Twitter of someone who's worried sick because they've heard about a plane crash at an airfield where their loved one/work colleague was flying into.

That's why.

And it should be applied a little more in this gotta-know-everytrhing-now, super-connected world we inhabit.

Never really understood why some members always swarm around incidents like this.
Unless you've got a direct interest in the situation, why do you feel the need to sit there posting pointless and speculative posts.
And Brizewatcher, we don't need a little cartoon sad face to get across the point people have died.
That was the best full English breakfast I've had since Gary Wilmot's wedding.

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

A total of 4 on board, the pilot and 3 passengers all sadly confirmed dead. Eyewitnesses state the aircraft took off, clipped a fence and then flipped upside down.

Source, unfortunately the Fail;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rship.html

wv383

Post by wv383 »

Actually it was attempting to land, not take off. It had previously overflown Farnborough on its way to Blackbushe.
Simon

Harlequin67
UKAR Supporter

Post by Harlequin67 »

Ray Purchase wrote:
Ruislip Rustler wrote:

That's why.

Never really understood why some members always swarm around incidents like this.
Unless you've got a direct interest in the situation, why do you feel the need to sit there posting pointless and speculative posts.
And Brizewatcher, we don't need a little cartoon sad face to get across the point people have died.

Please let's keep this thread civil.

Vodka and Ruislip Rustler make excellent points about speculation. I read here that Flightradar has the information. We all know here that any of these flight tracking systems can make mistakes or the aircraft is broadcasting the wrong data. It is prudent that we don't speculate on what aircraft it might or might not be.

This accident has some minor resonance for me as I work close by and drive home quite near the airport. An early Friday finish could have seen me at Blackbushe for some mid-afternoon photography, I didn't as I wanted to get home for personal reasons.

What I don't want anymore of is members telling other members what is correct and proper in a post on the forum. Brizewatcher is perfectly entitled to use Smilies in the way he did, it does not breach forum rules. It may not be to every members taste, but expressing sympathy in such an event can take many forms. If you have a problem with a post report it to the moderator team.
Aviation photographer - Achievement unlocked

EGDR

Post by EGDR »

Flare Path wrote:
Vodka wrote:it is a Phenom 300. . . I know which one, but please no one start posting any reg' info or photos up ! the reg is visible on the tail.

It's OK. The information is all on Flightradar anyway. :up:

Insignificant point amongst the tragic news, but no it wasn't. Flightradar24 does not display registrations for the vast majority of business jets.

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Think I saw a photo of the actual aircraft in happier times on the TV news last night. Registration clearly shown.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

The passengers killed in the crash are allegedly members of the Bin Laden family however the Police haven't confirmed yet. Spoilers: the article contains a photo of the aircraft

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-33745057
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

effects

Post by effects »

I see one of our lot was quoted in the Mirror.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bl ... en-6174382
Nikon P900 (Sony DSC-HX400V, Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

아직도 숨어있다