RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Post Reply
User avatar
paullangford
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri 01 Jun 2012, 7:53 am

RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by paullangford »

From their FB page....

The Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, the Red Arrows, will perform a flypast ahead of tomorrow's Rugby World Cup final at Twickenham Stadium.
The team will fly over the Trafalgar Square Fanzone, London, at 1553hrs before going over the stadium at 1555hrs.

User avatar
WG655
UKAR Staff
Posts: 1298
Joined: Mon 31 May 2010, 1:15 pm

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by WG655 »

Should be a good sight for those in the area! Explains the 9-ship that has been put up in recent days, considerably earlier than normal.

Reds Rolling
Posts: 647
Joined: Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:50 am

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by Reds Rolling »

That's got to be all last years pilots, surely?

Big Eric
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun 22 Aug 2010, 6:15 pm

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by Big Eric »

Why not just call them "The Red Arrows", instead of this "RAFAT" tosh? :grin:

User avatar
WG655
UKAR Staff
Posts: 1298
Joined: Mon 31 May 2010, 1:15 pm

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by WG655 »

The formation has gradually stepped up to a 9-ship over the last few weeks - they only need to learn 'Big Battle' for this flypast, with no formation changes etc so it will be 2016's pilots as far as I'm aware.

User avatar
paullangford
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri 01 Jun 2012, 7:53 am

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by paullangford »

Big Eric wrote:Why not just call them "The Red Arrows", instead of this "RAFAT" tosh? :grin:


If I put Red Arrows, someone would have posted...."Why not just call them RAFAT instead of Red Arrows....tosh" :lol:

User avatar
smokey
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun 07 Sep 2008, 1:14 pm

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by smokey »

The NOTAM seems to have disappeared is it still on?
Rich in Rutland

User avatar
paullangford
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri 01 Jun 2012, 7:53 am

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by paullangford »

Does anyone know the route ?

Obviously part of it is from Trafalgar Sq then westwards to Twickenham, would they then turn northwards to Northolt or go South under Heathrow ?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Last edited by paullangford on Sat 31 Oct 2015, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hairrig
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu 23 Oct 2008, 4:48 pm

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by hairrig »

paullangford wrote:Does anyone the route ?

Obviously part of it is from Trafalgar Sq then westwards to Twickenham, would they then turn northwards to Northolt or go South under Heathrow ?

Thanks in advance :smile:


Route puts them directly over Terminal 4! http://notaminfo.com/ukmap

FORMATION TRANSIT BY RED ARROWS ACFT ROUTING:
531828N 0003303W (SCAMPTON) 1526
531354N 0002428W (VCY SCAMPTON) 1528
523324N 0000948W (SE PETERBOROUGH) 1535
522108N 0000034E (VCY WYTON) 1537
520939N 0000019E (VCY CAMBRIDGE) 1539
520859N 0003547E (NW GLEMSFORD) 1543
514254N 0003907E (SW MALDON) 1547
513512N 0000824E (VCY COLLIER ROW) 1548
512353N 0004516W (VCY BRACKNELL) 1557
512340N 0004937W (S WOKINGHAM) 1558
514556N 0010227W (E OXFORD) 1602
521916N 0005325W (VCY SYWELL) 1608
530652N 0004810W (N NEWARK-ON-TRENT) 1616
531828N 0003303W (SCAMPTON) 1619
FORMATION PLANS TO TRANSIT AT 500-2000FT AGL. TIMINGS, HGT AND ROUTE
ARE APRX AND MAY CHANGE DUE TO WX OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS.
15-10-0434/AS 2

PeterR
Posts: 4851
Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 12:43 pm

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by PeterR »

Big Eric wrote:Why not just call them "The Red Arrows", instead of this "RAFAT" tosh? :grin:


RAFAT (Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team) is the team's official title, so calling them "The Red Arrows" could be considered tosh... :handbag:

User avatar
paullangford
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri 01 Jun 2012, 7:53 am

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by paullangford »

hairrig wrote:
paullangford wrote:Does anyone the route ?

Obviously part of it is from Trafalgar Sq then westwards to Twickenham, would they then turn northwards to Northolt or go South under Heathrow ?

Thanks in advance :smile:


Route puts them directly over Terminal 4! http://notaminfo.com/ukmap

FORMATION TRANSIT BY RED ARROWS ACFT ROUTING:
531828N 0003303W (SCAMPTON) 1526
531354N 0002428W (VCY SCAMPTON) 1528
523324N 0000948W (SE PETERBOROUGH) 1535
522108N 0000034E (VCY WYTON) 1537
520939N 0000019E (VCY CAMBRIDGE) 1539
520859N 0003547E (NW GLEMSFORD) 1543
514254N 0003907E (SW MALDON) 1547
513512N 0000824E (VCY COLLIER ROW) 1548
512353N 0004516W (VCY BRACKNELL) 1557
512340N 0004937W (S WOKINGHAM) 1558
514556N 0010227W (E OXFORD) 1602
521916N 0005325W (VCY SYWELL) 1608
530652N 0004810W (N NEWARK-ON-TRENT) 1616
531828N 0003303W (SCAMPTON) 1619
FORMATION PLANS TO TRANSIT AT 500-2000FT AGL. TIMINGS, HGT AND ROUTE
ARE APRX AND MAY CHANGE DUE TO WX OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS.
15-10-0434/AS 2


Thx Andy, may wander over there to see them for the last time this year, .......and they're coming over you as well......although that sounds a bit wrong :lol:

Birderman
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon 16 Jun 2014, 11:42 am
Location: West London
Contact:

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by Birderman »

dam and drat :( missed out, didn't see this post yesterday - could have taken a little trip out as not too far from Twickenham and sure they would have needed to over my local area to get there.....

Big Eric
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun 22 Aug 2010, 6:15 pm

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by Big Eric »

PeterR wrote:
Big Eric wrote:Why not just call them "The Red Arrows", instead of this "RAFAT" tosh? :grin:


RAFAT (Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team) is the team's official title, so calling them "The Red Arrows" could be considered tosh... :handbag:


Jeez ! :tongue2:

User avatar
Harlequin67
UKAR Supporter
Posts: 990
Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 5:13 pm
Location: Near LHR
Contact:

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by Harlequin67 »

Was outside the stadium and saw the flypast. Very nice.

Like the recent USAF C-17 at Farnborough, I missed the heliport set up in Kneller Hall's grounds! :oops:

Would have been all over that like a rash, if I had known...... damn it! :grin:
Aviation photographer - Achievement unlocked

User avatar
paullangford
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri 01 Jun 2012, 7:53 am

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by paullangford »


King Cobra
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed 17 Nov 2010, 1:20 pm

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by King Cobra »

Nice shot and well thought out.

User avatar
paullangford
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri 01 Jun 2012, 7:53 am

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by paullangford »

King Cobra wrote:Nice shot and well thought out.


Thx matey :up:

Traveller
Posts: 868
Joined: Fri 20 Apr 2012, 1:50 pm

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by Traveller »

Looks like 9 Hawks as for the last 20 years, with a too large a gap between 1 and 2/3.

User avatar
CJS
Posts: 7744
Joined: Thu 15 Jul 2010, 3:30 pm
Location: Hogwarts

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by CJS »

Are you sure it's not an illusion created because red 1 doesn't have smoke on?
With just the slightest bit of finesse, I might have made a little less mess.

Traveller
Posts: 868
Joined: Fri 20 Apr 2012, 1:50 pm

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by Traveller »

Nope, but now u mention it why doesn't it have smoke also?!

User avatar
Brevet Cable
Posts: 13190
Joined: Tue 05 Mar 2013, 12:13 pm

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by Brevet Cable »

Suppose it's the only way that a British team were going to be involved in the RWC final !! :lmao:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

User avatar
WG655
UKAR Staff
Posts: 1298
Joined: Mon 31 May 2010, 1:15 pm

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by WG655 »

Red 1 had to use a non-smoking aircraft ('tinship') due to a technical problem with the only other serviceable smoking jet. Pretty impressive feat for the team to get 9 up at this late stage of the season with ongoing servicing requirements.

User avatar
st24
Posts: 7988
Joined: Mon 01 Sep 2008, 9:31 am
Location: Sexville

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by st24 »

paullangford wrote:I enjoyed that :)

ImageThe Red Arrows at Twickenham RWC Final 2015 by paullangford..., on Flickr


Well the huge Twickenham crowd seem to be overjoyed with that - that guy and his Jack Russell are positively ecstatic!.... :win: :snack:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

User avatar
DanH
Posts: 2116
Joined: Mon 09 Mar 2009, 2:35 pm
Location: Worthing, West Sussex

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by DanH »

WG655 wrote:Red 1 had to use a non-smoking aircraft ('tinship') due to a technical problem with the only other serviceable smoking jet. Pretty impressive feat for the team to get 9 up at this late stage of the season with ongoing servicing requirements.


Good job this wasn't the flypast being covered by the Ultimate Pilots programme. The commentary would have made the smokeless jet out to be letting down Queen and country! :shock:
Always seeking to lower the tone...

https://danhphotography.picfair.com/

User avatar
paullangford
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri 01 Jun 2012, 7:53 am

Re: RAFAT over Twickers tomorrow (31-10-2015)

Post by paullangford »

st24 wrote:
paullangford wrote:I enjoyed that :)

ImageThe Red Arrows at Twickenham RWC Final 2015 by paullangford..., on Flickr


Well the huge Twickenham crowd seem to be overjoyed with that - that guy and his Jack Russell are positively ecstatic!.... :win: :snack:


.....I think he was having a pee :lol:

Post Reply