Post by motormouser »

On route...she's at Donny by now :)

motormouser

Re: Canberra WK163 to be restored to flight

Post by motormouser »

IP1960

Post by IP1960 »

Happened to be going to Doncaster on business today, I caught them up about 20 miles south of Doncaster, as I got closer thought the rear trailer looked like it had a wing on it and then it dawned on me what it was. Funny seeing it on the M1 only days after having a nose around it at Coventry on Saturday. Hopefully the next time I see it will be airborne.

motormouser

Post by motormouser »

Blimey,they got the wings back on quick enough!

WG655
UKAR Staff

Post by WG655 »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zk1C3Ql2jA[/youtube]

AMB

Post by AMB »

hunterxf382 wrote:That poor Canberra has been stuck outside all winter, in fact probably a bit longer as it has become a very familiar sight to us when arriving to work on our Shackleton.....

Exposure to the elements for far longer than some imagine I'm sure, and not one sign of any care & maintenance whilst she has been out there :sad:

Indeed - I heard it has a lot or corrosion issues that need sorting out. :whistle:
Adrian

patrouille2001

Post by patrouille2001 »

Far easier to buy and restore XH134 to flight and if so paint it to represent their Canberra :smile:

MicrolightDriver

Post by MicrolightDriver »

AMB wrote:
hunterxf382 wrote:That poor Canberra has been stuck outside all winter, in fact probably a bit longer as it has become a very familiar sight to us when arriving to work on our Shackleton.....

Exposure to the elements for far longer than some imagine I'm sure, and not one sign of any care & maintenance whilst she has been out there :sad:

Indeed - I heard it has a lot or corrosion issues that need sorting out. :whistle:

I'm sure the project scoping will establish the facts, along with the likely timescales for the restoration. I suppose we will have to wait and see whether the Canberra attracts the necessary funding for that analysis to go ahead.

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

I wonder why they haven't cried out to get money in on time to have it flying in '18 for the RAF's 100th.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

flashman8

Post by flashman8 »

aviodromefriend wrote:I wonder why they haven't cried out to get money in on time to have it flying in '18 for the RAF's 100th.

maybe they have some money left over from 558`s pot................................. :whistle:

they must have some spare cash lying around, seeing as though they don't have to pay as much now to keep 558 in the condition she is in now due to no flying hours since she landed back in October, I mean, not a sign of the promised fast taxi runs ...............................
Sony A700, A550, , Minolta 135, 500, Sigma 10-20, Sony 18-70, 50,70-300GSSM,Tamron 17-50,90mm