Tiffie double tyre blow-out

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
motormouser

Tiffie double tyre blow-out

Post by motormouser »

Traveller

Re: Tiffie double tyre blow-out

Post by Traveller »

What is it with childish names. Tiffie (or is it Tiffy), Dave, Wokka, Tonka. Pathetic and tragic.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Wots a Wokka? :-P
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

ALAN L

Post by ALAN L »

Undercarriage a bit sticky was it Sir?

Well yes actually,it was !

Well I wouldn't tell the CO that,if I was you Sir....
Classic Flight volunteer, Hunter Flight Academy groundie and a member of the Beech restorations team.

effects

Post by effects »

Traveller wrote:What is it with childish names. Tiffie (or is it Tiffy), Dave, Wokka, Tonka. Pathetic and tragic.

Jag, Herk, leaping heap, tomb, flying flick knife, the list is endless and in most cases come from the users themselves so maybe it is you who is 'P and T'.
Nikon P900 (Sony DSC-HX400V, Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)

motormouser

Post by motormouser »

Traveller wrote:What is it with childish names. Tiffie (or is it Tiffy), Dave, Wokka, Tonka. Pathetic and tragic.

:pinkwafer:

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

CJS wrote:Wots a Wokka? :-P

A Chinook (because of the sound I assume.. :dunno: )
...Rad shutters auto.

Timc

Post by Timc »

What's a Traveller? Morris Minor perhaps?! :smile:

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

You'll find traveller in the dictionary, unlike wokka and tiffy. It describes a person who regularly travels to see the world. That's me. Highly successful, financially affluent, well travelled and experienced in global affairs, in fact highly thought of by my peers.

Jag and Herc are merely abbreviations which I can understand. Completely irrelevant nicknames I don't.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Makes me chuckle when I see someone telling people how great they are. More so when they've acted like a total tit.

The various nicknames may not be in the dictionary but they are names given to them in service.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Gregg wrote:Makes me chuckle when I see someone telling people how great they are. More so when they've acted like a total tit.

The various nicknames may not be in the dictionary but they are names given to them in service.

Methinks his tongue might have been in his cheek just a little :clown:

Was that Shakira song bout Chinooks then?
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Timc

Post by Timc »

Unfortunately I believe Traveller was being quite serious in his response! As to abbreviations whether aircraft related or otherwise, does it really matter?

A "747" is still a "Jumbo Jet" in my lifetime! :smile:

BusEng

Post by BusEng »

The nose appears to dip really sharply just prior to the main wheels blowing, almost as though the brakes were applied or a system fault causes them to apply.

Good job keeping that one on the straight and narrow though, looked close to rotation too.

Eng

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

Traveller wrote:You'll find traveller in the dictionary, unlike wokka and tiffy. It describes a person who regularly travels to see the world. That's me. Highly successful, financially affluent, well travelled and experienced in global affairs, in fact highly thought of by my peers.

Don't be so hard on yourself Traveller, I am sure things will get better for you soon.

I know that Harrier Jump Jet seems to annoy people quite a lot, didn't realise it was the same for Wokka, Jumbo Jet, Bone etc. What the heck is a flying flick knife anyway?

Dr_Q

Post by Dr_Q »

moans about nicknames for aircraft and lighting at museums, blimey, there's some miserable types on here at times :biggrin:

RIAT (Mach 2)
Wings over Houston

er, that's about it this year I reckon.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

:shock: I hope all the wittle horsies and doggies and bunnies never got to wee-wee or poo-poo after the nasty Tiffie tyres went pop!

I'm guessing all those Americans are pathetic and tragic too, with their Buffs, Slufs, Bones, Tooms, Double Uglies, Willy Fudds, Spads, Rhinos, Warthogs, Thuds, Huns, Deuces, Varks, Banjos, Eggs, Fat Alberts, Hummers, Hueys, Scooters, Sleds, Whales etc etc etc

I'm sure you probably had some nicknames at school as well? :whistle:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

BusEng wrote:The nose appears to dip really sharply just prior to the main wheels blowing, almost as though the brakes were applied or a system fault causes them to apply.

Good job keeping that one on the straight and narrow though, looked close to rotation too.

Eng

It looks pretty much at the same time, as if a sudden brake application caused the nose dip and tyre burst. Interesting.

For the record, I hate aircraft nicknames as well but I am clearly not in the same league as Traveller in terms of personal achievement and self-aggrandisement.

aceyone

Post by aceyone »

Thumper wrote:
Traveller wrote:You'll find traveller in the dictionary, unlike wokka and tiffy. It describes a person who regularly travels to see the world. That's me. Highly successful, financially affluent, well travelled and experienced in global affairs, in fact highly thought of by my peers.

Don't be so hard on yourself Traveller, I am sure things will get better for you soon.

I know that Harrier Jump Jet seems to annoy people quite a lot, didn't realise it was the same for Wokka, Jumbo Jet, Bone etc. What the heck is a flying flick knife anyway?

Tornado F3 I believe :smile:
Don't know about those jets ,they spoil a very nice place

The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Jag and Herc are merely abbreviations which I can understand. Completely irrelevant nicknames I don't.

This post made my day, highly amusing :clap:

Binbrook 01

Post by Binbrook 01 »

Well the Typhoon is probably all better now.....

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Well I don't know about "highly" thought of, but in his line of work he's done reasonably well...though didn't quite make it to "full" ambassador...and I wouldn't care to talk about his personal finances but he's certainly made it as far as Russia and Slovakia!

One wonders if he thinks a little too highly of himself, though, certainly for someone so highly thought of he never seems to convince anyone on here that he's right, and he certainly seems over concerned with things such a man would care so little about.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

King Cobra

Post by King Cobra »

Modesty being your only failing I presume. :biggrin:

john001

Post by john001 »

Wissam24 wrote:Well I don't know about "highly" thought of, but in his line of work he's done reasonably well...though didn't quite make it to "full" ambassador....

So he is the one who carries in the Ferrero Rocher?

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

john001 wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:Well I don't know about "highly" thought of, but in his line of work he's done reasonably well...though didn't quite make it to "full" ambassador....

He's the one who stacks them in the back room :lol:
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie »

Wissam24 wrote:
john001 wrote:

He's the one who stacks them in the back room :lol:

Just spat me soup out at that one Wissam!

Must be something to do with the background you come from as i use nicknames and have one in mind just now! :whistle: I mean, WTF does financially affluent mean? :lol:

Thank god the F-111 is out of service now as we used to call it the swinger! :rock:
Arabest,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!