Jaguar Nightshoot

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Re: Jaguar Nightshoot

Post by jalfrezi »

Big_Gareth wrote:Just wanted to say that last night's Jaguar shoot was excellent, well worth the entry price and I would happily pay to do the event again.

Many thanks to Neil, the Cosford crew and anyone ele that made this opportunity available.

With £5000 raised for the RAF Benevolent Fund, I think the original complaining and moaning about the price was unnecessary and I for one, can't wait for future events to be held there :up:

Have to agree with that, it's probably the most well planned and organised night shoot that I've been to (and I've been to a few), the included meal was very good too, and the sunset shots were the icing on the cake.

Thanks to Neil, and everyone else who was involved in making this such a great shoot! :clap:

st24

Post by st24 »

Glad it went well for everyone with glowing reviews - so £85 next time??... :whistle:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

st24 wrote:Glad it went well for everyone with glowing reviews - so £85 next time??... :whistle:

Yeah, if you're running a business then why not, the market or increased competition will decide when it becomes too expensive, plus it gives people on forums more to whine about.... :handbag:
Last edited by jalfrezi on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toetapper

Post by Toetapper »

I'm at a loss, what seems to be the issue here??? If you don't want to spend the money , then don't, surely it's that simple...right? I've been on six shoots with TimeLine Events , and every one of them has been well organised, enjoyable and provided a photgraphic opportunity that I would not have had access to without Neil and his crew. Am I happy to pay the money? yes, will I pay it again? yes, as will hundreds of other photographers who want these kind of bespoke, taylored events. So if you don't fancy it, no problem, don't get your your knickers in a twist, just don't go. Simple really.

targeta

Post by targeta »

I have attended many night-shoots over the years, some more rewarding than others. They all have a cost but I must say in defence of Timeline their event at RAF Cosford shooting 9 Jaguars was one of the best I have been to. Neil Cave is a superb organiser and works very hard on the night to make sure everyone is happy and getting the shots they want.

I paid my £65 knowing that I was going to get quality shots and compared with the cost of football, air shows and pop concerts etc the entertainment value was comparable, BUT I came away with the feeling warm feeling that together we raised £5,000 for RAF Cosford's charity. On other Timeline shoots money has been raised for the benefit of the aircraft in the shoot.

I am astonished that some people who did not attend can complain about such an event.
http://www.targeta.co.uk
Target Aviation Photography

wallace

Post by wallace »

Eight Jaguars photographed, more than four hours parking at Cosford and a meal all for £65
On top of that £5,000 raised for RAF benevolent Fund.

Bl**dy good valve for money.

Thanks to Neil and the TLE Team and not forgetting to the team from RAF Cosford who made it all possible.

Avionics6

Post by Avionics6 »

wallace wrote:Eight Jaguars photographed, more than four hours parking at Cosford and a meal all for £65
On top of that £5,000 raised for RAF benevolent Fund.

Bl**dy good valve for money.

Thanks to Neil and the TLE Team and not forgetting to the team from RAF Cosford who made it all possible.

Couldn't have put it better myself... a superb afternoon and evening... superb lighting and on-site staff supporting us... a really nice curry... smoke effects.... hosed-down hardstandings and very cooperative re-enactors .... Can't wait to go back again, despite the 400mi round trip.
Jonathan

st24

Post by st24 »

No knickers getting twisted from my end ooh err missus, I'm really pleased everything went well and some of the images from the event are really nice. All I'm saying is (as with everything)if people keep on paying it just becomes a never ending spiral of rising entrance/joining costs that prices some people out of the loop completely. Just a point of view 'tis all...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

sidmouth

Post by sidmouth »

Big_Gareth wrote:Just wanted to say that last night's Jaguar shoot was excellent, well worth the entry price and I would happily pay to do the event again.

Many thanks to Neil, the Cosford crew and anyone ele that made this opportunity available.

With £5000 raised for the RAF Benevolent Fund, I think the original complaining and moaning about the price was unnecessary and I for one, can't wait for future events to be held there :up:

Standing back and rolling out the proverbial back of a fag packet

And with 100 tickets sold per the organisers own quote at £65, I'll let you do the maths . I will also leave you with the organisers line "All profits from this event are going to the RAF Benevolent Fund." I can't work out if food was provided in or additional cost as it seemed to be advertised as extra with "money raised from the sales will also be going to the RAF Benevolent Fund" . Reenactors I'm sure would happily have done an event for a good cause for minimum cost . You can decide if the "costs" really added up to the difference

To give some perspective the last charity event I ran , every penny went to charity , my time and resources were given free , and participants gift aided directly to the cause

Its your choice how and where money is spent and whether you consider it good value . At least see through the words and make a decision on a bigger picture that may present itself
Last edited by sidmouth on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

I'm glad people enjoyed it. Kingy and the team seemed to put in a sterling effort to accommodate everyone's pictures.

Did wonder why this thread suddenly got resurrected. Well I found out. The below is a statement from tle.

I wouldn't normally ask such a thing, but leading up to last night's shoot at RAF Cosford there were some rumbling of disquiet on the UK Airshow Review Forum, (UKAR), mostly the odd person complaining about price and that TLE shouldn't be doing it etc. None of this matters because we all know what we are getting when attending a TLE shoot and above all the RAF were very happy to work with us. Also I personally would hope that everyone that did come to last nights shoot felt they got a pretty good night for their £65.00. If they didn't then lets hope the fact that over £5000 was raised for the RAFBF is a good enough reason to have come along. Anyway where is this going, no where really other than I would love for those of you that were there last night and that are members of the said forum will share your images on the forum and tell people what you thought.
About 3 years ago I stopped posting links to upcoming shoots on UKAR for similar reasons but after last night had been sold out for a while I received an email from someone that had read the keyboard warriors remarks and wanted to come, he was lucky that last week a ticket became available and was able to join us. So the moral of that story is that there are always some that will spoil it for all, because this person would have missed out if that ticket hadn't become available. I will still not advertise our events on this and other forums but of course if you show your own work on them and others see it, perhaps more will come over from the 'dark side' and the keyboard warriors will have less to say.....
My last point on this, is that as of 21.30 last night when I said goodbye to all the wonderful men and women at RAF Gosford that helped to make last night happen, they were bowled over by what they had just experienced, not just the set ups, or the smoke, but the way we all conducted ourselves and how professional and polite everyone was. Regardless of whether you were at Cosford last night of not, you are all a great credit to the photographic events market and your work is a credit to yourselves. It is a pleasure working with you all and being able to bring you such well support events.
Thank you all!"

Well none of the events have ever put things like that on.

But

Just remember Mr cave that this "keyboard warrior" was one of the ones that came in at 9am at Yorkshire air museum where I am a volunteer to set up one of your shoots. Worked all day to make sure you had everything in position for everyone to shoot the aircraft.

And you turn up at 2pm and it's all done bar your lights.
Life's a piece of S*** if you look at it!

Big_Gareth

Post by Big_Gareth »

AndyXH558 wrote:Did wonder why this thread suddenly got resurrected. Well I found out. The below is a statement from tle.

I'm sorry Andy but like quite a lot of your comments in this thread, this is absolute tosh! You clearly have an axe to grind against Neil, please don't do it here. I resurrected this thread because I had a great night, the event was superb and I thought TLE deserved some positive feedback to counteract your defamatory comments about their business. It had absolutely nothing to do with that statement (wherever you got it from?), I don't need Neil to tell me what I can and can't write in forum posts!

As for the Halifax shoot that you are clearly still bitter about, I certainly don't remember the aircraft being poorly lit or any problems with re-enactors. The whistle was a joke, not seen (or heard of) since on any of the shoots I've been on. Usually the plums who use flash are swiftly shot by the nearby snipers and fed to Neil's dog.

I've had a quick look through your Flickr and you have some good shots. However the Vulcan one you posted a couple of pages back is not one of your best. Can I suggest you attend Neil's next shoot at Wellesbourne I reckon I got 10-20 better shots of a Vulcan than that, last time, although it did cost me £50 :tongue2:

sidmouth wrote:I'll let you do the maths. I will also leave you with the organisers line "All profits from this event are going to the RAF Benevolent Fund." I can't work out if food was provided in or additional cost as it seemed to be advertised as extra with "money raised from the sales will also be going to the RAF Benevolent Fund"

Its your choice how and where money is spent and whether you consider it good value . At least see through the words and make a decision on a bigger picture that may present itself

Pretty sure food was calculated at £5 per head, but thanks for your concern and don't worry I'd already done the maths.

I'm really happy with my shares in Neil's new van!

Quite frankly if Neil's made a bit of a profit from this event and if it means his business can continue and these opportunities can keep coming then great. Bring them on! Raising £5000 for charity, giving 100 people a good night out and pocketing a bit of cash is better than doing nothing surely? How many businesses and charities are 100% transparent about their costs and profits these days anyway?

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

This was not about my pictures. but thank you for the feedback. That was showing you what can be done without light. If you look at hammy and his vulcan pic from the night which I personally think is one of the best I've ever seen.

Northolt. Marham, Coningsby, Brize Norton. All their proceeds went to their charities

As for the dog. Last time I saw it. I think it was trying to nick his van.

And if I talk utter tosh then so do the other people who were not happy and the people of the same opinion as me on here. You like his shoots and many do then that's OK. I'm expressing an opinion that I feel they are way over priced. That many people put a lot of effort in setting these up and taken for granted..

Never at any of the shoots I've been to have asked people to put comments on a specific Web forum because someone put something on that wasn't liked. I'm not asking anyone to say something in my defence of this thread. They say what they want. which you are.

Big_Gareth

Post by Big_Gareth »

AndyXH558 wrote:
Northolt. Marham, Coningsby, Brize Norton. All their proceeds went to their charities

But you're not comparing like for like; these events are organised and set up by service personnel. We get a couple of events from each per year, which are great and which I'm very grateful for. But that's not what Neil is doing. TLE are running in excess of 30 events per year, all over the country. He doesn't have an RAF Base to stage the events from. The costs and work required are not the same.

I have no problem with you thinking that his events are over priced. But I do take offence to your assumption that everyone who posted positive comments about Wednesday were put up to it by some mysterious statement (that I still haven't seen by the way). I also find your not so hidden agenda against Neil tiresome and I think some of your comments about his business were out of order (and that includes the ones which were removed). Just re-read your opening post that started the thread, it is very biased.

maltwoser

Post by maltwoser »

Marham's didn't, did it? And it was only £15 less.

neilatter

Post by neilatter »

I can only post based on my own experience of Neil's events. I've never personally had an issue with the content and pricing and have always come away with shots I'm happy with. You'll sometimes get the odd person who tends to stay rooted to the spot but more recently people are actively encouraged to move around to vary their angles and shots and on the whole people do take this on board.

I guess you could argue that an Aston Martin or a holiday in the Maldives is expensive but I wouldn't begrudge someone the right to choose to buy an Aston Martin or go on a holiday, nor would I complain about their pricing policy. If people are prepared to pay the money, appreciate opportunities that aren't otherwise available and the work that goes on in the background to make these available then surely it's fair enough. Some will find them expensive, unfortunately it's a fact of life. We'd all like a top of the range camera but most of use aren't publicly berating Canon or Nikon (other brands are available apparently) for producing equipment we might not be able to afford.

Craig

Post by Craig »

I'm astonished this has generated so much heat. Surely it's simple enough, if you're happy with what you get for the money you go, if you're not you don't? If not enough people are happy to pay the cost is reduced or the event doesn't happen, it was ever thus. Some superb shots have come out of this event and seemingly everyone who went is happy they got what was advertised, that's surely a win by any standards?

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

10 out of 10 - a great night at Cosford.

Nobody is paying me to say it... Without a doubt, up there with value for money night shoots that was. The images speak for themselves.

Now... looking forward to the Shack :up: :smile:
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

Firstly where does it say you've been paid for it.
Secondly I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thirdly I'm looking forward for the shack too.

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

I haven't quoted anything, so have nothing to defend...

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

No but you say and i quote " nobody is paying me to say this"

i will say this though spellow. I do like your pictures. Very well composed. So i am looking forward to your jag pics.

I noticed also that kingy and Gary from Yam got in as reenactors. looks like a job well done guys.

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

To be fair, nobody did pay me to say it. Nobody asked me to. I just commented with my opinion at the first real opportunity to report in here after the event. Following on from the quoted text from Mr Cave, I would not wish for people to draw conclusions that I were posting merely to praise the event for the sake of it and upon the request of TLE. :pinkwafer:

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

I kind of gathered that. :claypole:

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

Think this thread should be erased as this event has happened. Ive said my piece and a lot of people agreed and disagreed. My aim wasnt to damage TLE's events but to highlight that the prices are getting stupid. I was also going on experiences of people who don't post on here to some of their events. I do talk to a lot of people during airshows and take in what they have said.

I have never asked anyone to come in to defend me, all i wanted was peoples experienes and opinions. so when i heard that Mr cave had put that on I was a little narked. Now ive said my piece.

One thing I have never done is criticise anyone's pictures from these events. But one person decided it was ok to post criticism on one of mine. he stated the light wasnt good on it. he does not get that there was NO light on her apart from moon light.

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

AndyXH558 wrote:Think this thread should be erased as this event has happened. I've said my piece and a lot of people agreed and disagreed. My aim wasnt to damage TLE's events but to highlight that the prices are getting stupid. I was also going on experiences of people who don't post on here to some of their events. I do talk to a lot of people during airshows and take in what they have said.

I have never asked anyone to come in to defend me, all i wanted was peoples experienes and opinions. so when i heard that Mr cave had put that on I was a little narked. Now I've said my piece.

One thing I have never done is criticise anyone's pictures from these events. But one person decided it was ok to post criticism on one of mine. he stated the light wasnt good on it. he does not get that there was NO light on her apart from moon light.

As this is UK Airshow Review it is surely more appropriate now that the event has happened! The criticism for your Vulcan photo was EXACTLY because there was no light - there will be lighting next year at Wellesbourne (an event I can't wait to attend) which will no doubt result in much better photographs. Particularly since the event, the only one that seems to have a personal vendetta is yourself, everyone else was content to let it go, and express their personal satisfaction with the Cosford shoot. I notice your own shoot that you were discussing never happened, perhaps it's best to leave it to Neil and the excellent service he provides for the price :cuppa:
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

pringles there WAS lighting but we all wanted to take a timed picture without the lights.

It didn't happen due to a lot of events going on the same couple of weeks. It has just been postponed till next year and it will be on.