Northolt Night Photoshoot XXIII Thursday 19th October 2017

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
keithjs

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot XXIII Thursday 19th October 20

Post by keithjs »

lynothehammer wrote:First of all a big thanks to Phil and the team, tonights shoot was brilliant and all in positioned perfectly too...

Yes indeed, another great ( and even quite warm) evening and with the addition of fireworks and couple of food and trade stands much more of a social evening too, and I really think he must have contacts in very high places as the rain appeared to start right on cue and the end of the event.. :worship: . Well done to all involved yet again :clap:
It was interesting to see people trying to catch a firework display in their shots too......oh :dizzy: missed it....! was a common phrase to be heard during the evening.....
Last edited by keithjs on Thu 19 Oct 2017, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Rad shutters auto.

MPelley

Post by MPelley »

Well, this was my first time attending so was not 100% sure what to expect, but I was not disappointed. Big thanks to Phil and everybody involved in the planning and running on the night. I’ve come away happy and looking forward to the next one.

Cheers guys and girls

paullangford

Post by paullangford »

Big shout out to Phil and all of the volunteers for inviting us out on another nice evening :worship: :win:

jules48

Post by jules48 »

Great nickname

Lyno.Did u have to think along time for that.

I contribute enough so actions speak louder then words.

You need to get a life aswell

isaacdai2000

Post by isaacdai2000 »

Thank you Phil for organising such a great event! My photo of the Apache this evening:
[url]
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8731513[/url]

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Unsurprisingly Jules48 has received a one month ban for his belligerent behaviour towards the members of the forum
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Binbrook 01

Post by Binbrook 01 »

Can we not make it a life ban? as said person appears to regress to a child and has insulted the founder of the Northolt facebook group on Wednesday it seems and likely got banned from that too. Aside from that this isn't the only forum suffering at the minute the others are awash with some real irritants as well :mad: :sick: ah well...

:wall:

wezgulf3

Post by wezgulf3 »

I think his statement about Phil’s work at Northolt and then to question where the funding goes was disgraceful.

Haveing just had a quick look at my photos looks like it was another great night! The AH.9 was a real bonus as they are gone in January!!

Phil/Lee and everyone else who put it together thank you!

Wes...

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

Well considering the Mil-14, Mil-35, Czech An-26 and GAF Transall didn't appear, I thought it was a jolly good night. Loved the Xingu's and Police MD520. Lynx was a bonus too... great to see.

Thanks Phil & Lee!
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

My thanks to Phil, Lee and all the team for organising another excellent night shoot :clap: :clap:

Andy :smile:

zigzag

Post by zigzag »

My thanks to Phil, Lee, the RAF personnel, and all those involved. To the moaners just think how many other events of this type at RAF Stations there are these days - not many, so thanks to all involved for continuing to put on these events.

Thought the night was great, seemed to be less crowded than at the last few, which made it very relaxed.
If you like these pics there are more utterly brilliant shots at https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
#MOT

Paul_Reflex

Post by Paul_Reflex »

Many many thanks to Phil and the amazing team at Northolt for a great event. The highlight for me was the Lynx AH.9, what a great catch just before they're retired.

It must take an enormous commitment to developing the personal relationships that ensure that every one of these events attracts such great participants, Well done and thanks again.

pphillips

Post by pphillips »

Many many thanks to Phil and all his team at Northolt for a great evening.

Paul

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wokinghampaul/
Last edited by pphillips on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

I know I mentioned it at the end, but I am overjoyed to have got the Lynx last night. I'd not seen a Mk9 before and had resigned myself to the likelihood that I was never going to see one (in service, anyway) before they go. So Phil has given me that huge satisfaction, especially as I imagine I'll not see one again! Hugely, hugely grateful for that chance, especially as they gave us all the angles! Some other real quality items, the Belgian Police helicopter is, again, an exceptional catch.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Aerodynamik

Post by Aerodynamik »

As one who has seen where the money goes I can assure all it is a very good cause. I have watched the progress of the Ops Room over the years and never cease to be amazed at the amount of work involved. It has been an absolutely massive job and a real labour of love for Phil and his team who must have put in thousands of hours. What really stands out though is the quality of workmansip and attention to detail.

I can also assure people that Phil's car is about as far away from a Rolls Royce as you can get!!|

andy759

Post by andy759 »

isaacdai2000 wrote:Thank you Phil for organising such a great event! My photo of the Apache this evening:
[url]
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8731513[/url]

cracking picture
andy

Avionics6

Post by Avionics6 »

Another enjoyable evening that delivered far more than thought possible. Thanks to Phil and the RAF team, a select but interesting line up, well positioned and lit and run-ups timed to perfection with the weather closing in just after... which led to a fortuitous early finish (for me) but with a really pleasing set of images (I hope as I've not downloaded them yet, but they looked fine on the camera.) I missed the Pingu engine runs but found it lovely and quiet to grabs some shots of the Hawk and MD520, which then was prepped for it's run.. so I stayed put. The lynx and Apache were nice bonuses, but I think the MD520 was the star of the show for me. Even the local traffic didn't seem so bad this time, or maybe I timed it right.
Whilst waiting for the show to start in the car park, I chatted with a few others and whilst the line up looked lighter than usual, there were clearly going to be some good opportunities to grab. Sometimes, it's important to remember that even if the initially perceived show stars have cancelled, you'll never get any good shots at all if you don't try. A very worthwhile evening.
Here's to hoping for more in 2018...

Thanks again
... Jonathan

JohnH

Post by JohnH »

Thanks to Phil and the team for last nights shoot.

I'd love to post some photos, but Photobucket doesn't seem to let you do this anymore and I can't find a way to post direct from my website. If you are interested the link to my photos is :

http://johnhumephotography.zenfolio.com/f310871653

MC hammer

Post by MC hammer »

Another good evening and thanks to all.

Positives - Two different colour Xingus, getting a Lynx AH.9 while they are still to be seen, getting the Apache to come closer prior to departure, lots of engine runs and also the parking angle, allowing the much more pleasing background of the airfield north side, rather than the BFPO buildings and car parks. All points that would be completely lost on our moaning friend from earlier.

Negatives - Just the parking of the Hawk, head on to the solitary floodlight at that end. A ninety degree turn either way and it would have captured some light.

Oh and travelling about one mile in ninety minutes on the M25 on the way home, even at 10.30pm.

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

MC hammer wrote: Oh and travelling about one mile in ninety minutes on the M25 on the way home, even at 10.30pm.

Agreed - the M25 was a d i s a s t e r last night. Took me ages :mad: .

Andy :smile:

premislao

Post by premislao »

Another superb night! THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)
For more videos please visit my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPi81z ... Xav48zsvvA

Graf Zeppelin

Post by Graf Zeppelin »

jules48 wrote:Must be the poorest attendees list ever
If the surprises are confirmed whats the point in not saying what they are.
And no I am not attending

If we listed what they were they would not be surprises! :roll:
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende

bhjordan

Post by bhjordan »

Another huge thumbs up for Phil and the gang for all your efforts staging the event.

Personally I had a great evening spent catching up with friends, and (hopefully) I got some reasonable photos. It was a work colleagues first attendance last night, and he's already asked when the next one is.
All the gear and no idea....

Richard E

Post by Richard E »

Many thanks to Phil and the team for arranging another excellent evening and compiling a very interesting and different collection of subjects; the addition of the RAFA stand was an excellent idea and hopefully they'll be able to attend future Nightshoots.

If it was possible to improve one thing I agree with M C Hammer is that Hawk was lost slightly in the darkness: is there any way that a portable floodlight could be erected at the right hand end of the display line to throw some extra light onto that corner ?

Finally - thank you: I found my high-vis jacket left just where it had been promised.

Hammy

Post by Hammy »

Richard E wrote:Is there any way that a portable floodlight could be erected at the right hand end of the display line to throw some extra light onto that corner?

I've often struggled with a lack of light at that end of the apron; assuming that Phil et al are happy with it, I could bring a couple of our portable lights to the next event (assuming I can attend).
Author, visionary, dreamweaver... Plus actor.

Planespotters.net gallery
mwneedham.com