Where has XH558 thread gone?

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
vulcan558

Re: Where has XH558 thread gone?

Post by vulcan558 »

There was 448 very negatives posts on the vtts raffle site last week, there is only about 20 comments on there now,
So they will try and crush any negative comments.
Just like they are doing allnover the place.
Even on this topic they are trying to get it locked or taken down just like the last thread that got deleted.

They seem to not want to tell the truth when the public ask questions. Maybe they do not know the answers.
Maybe they have nothing to do with the trust.

Or these are just a group of trollers fishing,
for there is no evidence that these people have anything too do with the trust, or just trollers,

IgnatiusJReilly

Post by IgnatiusJReilly »

vulcan558 wrote:There was 448 very negatives posts on the vtts raffle site last week, there is only about 20 comments on there now,
So they will try and crush any negative comments.
Just like they are doing allnover the place.
Even on this topic they are trying to get it locked or taken down just like the last thread that got deleted.

Just be aware that there seems to be several VTTS raffle advert threads running. Some days I get the advert which I've commented on, come up. Other days, I get another version. The thread my comments have been posted on are still there. I'm not saying comments haven't been deleted, but it may be that you're looking in the wrong place.

I could have course be completely wrong and VTTS are indeed waging a propaganda campaign and applying heavy censorship... But just to say that there may be another more innocent explanation.

But yes, as someone else mentioned, it does seem bizarre, the level of VTTS advertising that hits my feed. I do of course click on it each time, just to spite the trust, which may explain some of the 30k they spent last year. :tongue2:
Eccentric, idealistic, and creative, sometimes to the point of delusion..

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Not sure how this web site is set up, but most bespoke websites allow the owner the possibility to see the I.P. address of the poster.

Would this not remove the need for this part of the debate of 'who is / who isn't' once and for all?

Not sure they would need outing, merely that they could be informed (if 'they' exist on this site) that the modernators know who they are, and will be keeping an eye on their posts due to the secretive nature of their real identitiy?

Just a thought.
Got to love Russianhardware

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

JetMan wrote:How long until we see “where has the ‘where has the XH558 thread gone’ thread gone?” on the forum board....

Crazy!

Not very long if you lot carry on
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

Interesting that VTTS seem rather more concerned with comments on a message board than actually presenting hard facts to the public.

In the case of Neverfuel, the back story just does not add up. From having a passing interest after his son had a hangar visit to suddenly having strong and clearly well-sourced opinions on the ins-and-outs at Doncaster, always with a 100% positive spin.

I would welcome UKAR staff monitoring the IP activity of the suspected accounts - or if indeed there are VTTS employees hidden in plain sight, to come clean and re-register under their own names.

It would be quite a scandal if it were revealed that paid employees of a charity were secretly trolling the public behind fake usernames.

At least Steve Liddle has the cojoñes to speak as himself, however sparse his comments.

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

I've checked the IPs for the accounts in question and I see nothing particularly suspicious, they're all coming from completely different IP ranges and ISPs, however if someone wants to hide their tracks it's not exactly difficult to do, but would it really be worth it?

So without proper proof can we put an end to any accusations without hard evidence please, saying it doesn't add up isn't hard evidence in my books.

bernarde

Post by bernarde »

boff180 wrote:p.s. This post is not out of the blue, we have received complaints over the past day or so.

So that narrows it down to 2 people who have had a little cry. The problem is that UKAR is, and i know from personal experience, scared of VTTS as they flount the legal action flag and then things are deleted etc. We all know who neverfuel is, so why are you protecting Trotter and his army of imbeciles? :loser:

VTTS have threatened me, and you UKAR with legal action, atleast once that I know of for UKAR (hense the last thread was quickly locked and the truth deleted).. but i've been threatened 6 times now and replied "sure, see you in court", even providing my home address and phone number to them. Still waiting for my playdate with VTTS

They cant prosecute you for things which are true. :facepalm:

Marathon Milkshake

Post by Marathon Milkshake »

bernarde wrote:

Thats why this thread will eventually be locked or deleted, not because its rubbish or a lot of arguing going on, but because we are so close to the truth, it makes them squirm :wall:
Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter

Xm657

Post by Xm657 »

jalfrezi wrote:I've checked the IPs for the accounts in question and I see nothing particularly suspicious, they're all coming from completely different IP ranges and ISPs, however if someone wants to hide their tracks it's not exactly difficult to do, but would it really be worth it?

So without proper proof can we put an end to any accusations without hard evidence please, saying it doesn't add up isn't hard evidence in my books.

Seems unlikely that everyone connected to the VttST would use the same intenet connection. More likely they they would look at this post from the comfort of their own homes or smart phones. So unlikely the IP addresses would resolve to Doncaster airport.

I'm still lost why accusing someone on here of being a member of the VttST is a legal matter. But if it causes a headache we should refrain from doing so. Maybe there are a handful of people in no way connected to the Trust who have registered on here and are 100% behind the plan. The important issue is 558 and ensuring VttST do the right thing by her. The people don't have much influence over this, but this thread is better than nothing in giving the people a voice.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Marathon Milkshake wrote:
bernarde wrote:

Thats why this thread will eventually be locked or deleted, not because its rubbish or a lot of arguing going on, but because we are so close to the truth, it makes them squirm :wall:

If/when we close this thread, it will be because we're bored of it going around in circles every few days, the same names insulting each other and the number of reported posts from those same people trying to get each other in trouble.

There has been no dialogue between UKAR and VTST since somewhere mid-2015, when the thing was still flying, so I can't speak for VTST, but on our side it will be because of the extraordinary levels of tedium this thread brings, and not "squirming".
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

Gonzo230

Post by Gonzo230 »

I would support closing this thread, and any other 558-related thread, if only because it seems to bring out the worst in some people.

Mind you, I’d also really wish we could stop some here making passive-aggressive remarks about 558, the VTTST and the whole situation on other, completely unrelated threads as well.

One can dream.

Skymonster

Post by Skymonster »

Despite the sometimes repetitive nature of the comments, this is the only place where people who have a passion for XH558 and want to see it safe can have their say and call VTTST to account - even if the Trust does not respond. It is also a very important archive of happenings along the rocky road to whatever the future holds for 558. Losing the topic would make it much hard to call to question the actions (or inactions) of the Trust when its ascertions about the future don't happen as it suggests.

The demise of the topic would play to the VTTST fanboys who would like nothing better, and despite the dislike some have of this thread it is still by far the most popular (in terms of it being read, and contributed to) and longest-livin on UKAR. So to the contrary of the wishes of those who would like to see it gone, it would be a tragedy if this topic was lost like the one was.

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

Xm657 wrote:There's a fresh crop of comments criticizing the use of funds and high wages, etc. If you're quick you might catch a glimpse before Red Rolling gets such "crazyness" deleted.

So do you have any actual proof I'm involved with VttS or have you just jumped on O Hagan's little bandwagon as well? :question:
I always took you to be a little more intelligent than some who frequent this thread, but maybe not!

Xm657 wrote:And if someone is to complain that they are being accused of being someone they are not, shouldn't they provide some proof to backup their complaint?

Only if the person doing the accusing actually has some proof in the first place. Why should the onus be on the person being accused to prove themselves innocent, when no factual evidence is given in the first place? :dunno:

Xm657 wrote:If someone wants to accuse me of being Robert Pleming I'd be quite flattered, but even if I didn't like the accusation I dont really see how I would have grounds to complain...

You might be flattered or not, either way you'd have the right to complain if someone associated your user account to him and spread unfounded rumours that you were him. See what I'm getting at here?

I don't actually recall any time where I've come out in favour of VttS! Sure, I've taken the **** out of people who seem to treat the Vulcan/VttS as the be all and end all in their lives, or pulled people up on stupid ideas, misinformation or just the sheer boring repetitiveness that this thread provides, but that doesn't automatically make me a VttS 'fanboy' in my book! I guess it's a case of your either with us or against us for most here, but that's not how I operate.

For what it's worth I'll state what I think. You either believe me or not, but if you want to point fingers at me, then you better be able to back up your claims.

Do I work/have ever worked for VttS.. No, I've only ever given them money through donations when it was flying.

Do I care about 558. Yes, but not so much now it's grounded. There's two other taxi capable Vulcans out there that are just as good, which is why it amazes me there's so much waffle about this one.

What about the VttS 'gravy train'. I don't really care because it's not my money funding them. If others want to donate then that's up to them and I really don't see the point in all the fuss. They don't seem to be doing anything illegal or operate any differently to many other charities tbh. If people are daft enough to keep giving them money then that's their prerogative.

£100 ground runs. :shock: People seem to like them and are happy to pay, so I don't really see what business it is of anyone else. The other Vulcans seem to offer better value when they do run, so there's a choice at least.

Should it have gone to Doncaster. They obviously had plans that have stalled for various reasons, but they might come to fruition, who knows. For me it's more a case of out of sight, out of mind and that includes Bruntingthorpe, so essentially I'm not that bothered where it's at. :grin:

As for the 'VttS want this thread shut' and 'UKAR are scared of VttS' paranoia. Bloody hell, what a load of tosh! :loser:

Skymonster

Post by Skymonster »

Reds Rolling wrote:As for the 'VttS want this thread shut' and 'UKAR are scared of VttS' paranoia. Bloody hell, what a load of tosh! :loser:

IMO you were doing pretty well up to that point Reds Rolling... But now the obvious question is: "How do you know that?"

Reds Rolling wrote:Do I care about 558. Yes, but not so much now it's grounded. There's two other taxi capable Vulcans out there that are just as good, which is why it amazes me there's so much waffle about this one.

I think there's an obvious answer to that issue too - it's because some people posting on here DO care about 558, and believe the entire affair could have been managed much better than VTTST has done / is doing.

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

Skymonster wrote:
Reds Rolling wrote:As for the 'VttS want this thread shut' and 'UKAR are scared of VttS' paranoia. Bloody hell, what a load of tosh! :loser:

IMO you were doing pretty well up to that point Reds Rolling... But now the obvious question is: "How do you know that?"

The mods have stated above, 'no dialogue with VttS since mid-2015...'. That doesn't sound like VttS are calling for the thread to be closed, and nor does it sound like UKAR are 'scared of VttS'. In fact as far as I know VttS aren't even directly involved in this latest bit of 'modding'; it's to do with accusations by some here of me being a covert VttS employee when there's no evidence that I am.

Reds Rolling wrote:Do I care about 558. Yes, but not so much now it's grounded. There's two other taxi capable Vulcans out there that are just as good, which is why it amazes me there's so much waffle about this one.

Skymonster wrote:I think there's an obvious answer to that issue too - it's because some people posting on here DO care about 558, and believe the entire affair could have been managed much better than VTTST has done / is doing.

We all care about old aircraft in some way or other, and of course people can give their opinions. The fact is though, that the same opinions and waffle just goes round and round in ever repetitive circles on this thread. It's clear that no-one here is going to, or are prepared to, do anything to change what has happened or is happening with 558, so I just don't understand the incessant need to go on and on like a stuck record. Like I say, there's two other Vulcan's out there that can taxi and do engine runs, so 558 isn't unique in that respect.

IgnatiusJReilly

Post by IgnatiusJReilly »

I can understand that for someone completely not interested, this topic may well seem tedious and repetitive and I can understand that dealing with petty 'he said / she said' squabbles will get boring pretty quickly, but really, doesn't this all come with the territory of operating a discussion board?
Repeatedly threatening to close the single most active thread on the board and the only space where these issues are being openly discussed, because it's not personally interesting enough or is a touch repetitive does seem a bit unnecessary.
Why not just hand it over to another, dedicated, moderator(s) if it's not something you want to be doing?
Eccentric, idealistic, and creative, sometimes to the point of delusion..

Xm657

Post by Xm657 »

Much of it is repetitive RR but new things are discussed which I believe are important. The recent publication on the annual accounts is clearly something that should be scrutinised and discussed. This is a charity which raises a 7 figure sum each year under the misleading name Vulcan to the SKY. If nothing else this thread serves a purpose of informing potential contributors what actually happens to their money. I would like to think it might also allow the VttST to look at its self critically and challenge whether it does everything right.

However, since the accounts have been published, I doubt there will be anything more to discuss until something happens with the hangar or VttST goes bust - which ever comes first. So maybe we save the moderators by zipping it for now!!

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »

These are difficult times for the airshow enthusiast community. With the ongoing and deadly COVID-19 crisis hitting hard across the globe we have seen the majority of the UK's airshow season cancelled or postponed, for good reason. With nothing to discuss and little to look forward to our community is at a deep low.

At times like this we need a beacon to lift us up and keep us strong as we look to the future. Now, more than ever, we need the mighty Vulcan XH558, the Spirit of Great Britain to keep our own spirits high. XH558 was more than just a popular airshow performer - it was a marvel of British engineering and military prowess, an icon of the patriotic bulldog toughness that will help the country get through the current situation.

Of course, she doesn't fly anymore - and wouldn't be allowed to at the moment regardless - but she flies with us in spirit every day and in times of need such as these she can once again lift our moods and set our pulses racing. Where better to give our thanks to the pride of the nation's skies than on our forum's appreciation thread?

Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

:clap:

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

Can somebody embed a sound clip of the classic Vulcan howl - and subsequent multiple car alarms?
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

ericbee123

Post by ericbee123 »

A friend of a friend of a friend of mine said the CAA will grant a one week special dispensation for her to fly a final farewell tour of the U.K., at the end of the Corvid-19 pandemic. As a special celebration for us making it through it.

The Red Arrows have been seen specially practising flying in a Vulcan shape to accompany her on the tour.
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.

Neverfuel

Post by Neverfuel »

Don’t forget what date it is today folks

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

ericbee123 wrote:A friend of a friend of a friend of mine said the CAA will grant a one week special dispensation for her to fly a final farewell tour of the U.K., at the end of the Corvid-19 pandemic. As a special celebration for us making it through it.

The Red Arrows have been seen specially practising flying in a Vulcan shape to accompany her on the tour.

That's class. Can't wait to see this
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016