Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot XXIVa Thursday 19th April 2018

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Isn't PLF038 the normal naughty boys' taxi back home?

jules48

Post by jules48 »

Is A400 still due or has it Cancelled

K213

Post by K213 »

Believe it has gone tech, as has the Chinook.

JamesC

Post by JamesC »

K213 wrote:Believe it has gone tech, as has the Chinook.

Real shame if they have...we can still live in hope!

jules48

Post by jules48 »

Never mind.still alot of unexpected surprises.

JamesC

Post by JamesC »

Definitely ! Will be good to see if anything comes in throughout the evening and refuels and leaves

RRconway

Post by RRconway »

Big thanks to Phil and all the team at Northolt. Another great evening.
Interesting aircraft, great weather and sunset, lots of catching up with freinds and even time for some photography.

Also an apology to the photographers photographing the 146 being pushed into the hangar, who I nonchalantly wandered in front of. Sorry all, preoccupied with wanting to get a drink and when the man said go, I went. Oops.

Cheers,
Jeff.
I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what I said is not what I meant.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Thanks to Phil and his team for arranging and running yet another safe event.

Have to say the completely crazy decision not to allow ground runs on “health and safety” grounds was ridiculous and I sincerely hope the decision is overturned for the next event. Ground runs are one of the defining features of the Northolt nightshoot and one of the main attractions to those that donate to attend.

Totally understand that this was not Phil’s decision and he shouldn’t get any flack for it from anyone.

Here’s hoping Gremlins in expected visitors get dealt with too next time!

Andy

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

boff180 wrote:Thanks to Phil and his team for arranging and running yet another safe event.

Have to say the completely crazy decision not to allow ground runs on “health and safety” grounds was ridiculous and I sincerely hope the decision is overturned for the next event. Ground runs are one of the defining features of the Northolt nightshoot and one of the main attractions to those that donate to attend.

Totally understand that this was not Phil’s decision and he shouldn’t get any flack for it from anyone.

Here’s hoping Gremlins in expected visitors get dealt with too next time!

Andy

Echo that - it was a wonderfully warm and sunny evening and some very nice light late on with the 146-of-colour and the Polish Casa especially. Thanks to the RAF for letting us come out to play once more, and of course to the team at Northolt who try to put all this together.

Good to meet you Mr Boff last night - I was with a man called Jason (from the Midlands) and a chap called John from Sheffield (ish). :up:
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot XXIVa Thursday 19th April

Post by Wissam24 »

My biggest gripe was that during the best, pink light of the evening 32sqn had their grey 146 slap bang in the middle of the lineup which precluded getting pretty much any photos of anything to the right of the Xingu. Obviously it's their base and operational etc etc but that effectively put paid to making the most of and getting any really good photos out of the time change.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

JamesC

Post by JamesC »

For my first showing there, it was OK. I was very disappointed with no engine runs because of 'Health & Safety', when we were told we'd get that. I was also disappointed about none of the aircraft (Think the PC-6 maybe) were lit up i.e. Lights from the aircraft, strobes etc.

I know that there were tech issues with other aircraft due in, but, we weren't told that, and it was all guess work and what we saw on here. I understand that this happens but I think it would be better if we could all be told?

Didn't understand the grey 146 being thrown out (not even turned around) and then put back away after 20 minutes?? :question:

I think one of my biggest gripes was the fact that I was already starting to be moved off from taking photos of the aircraft at 21:20, when the event finishes at 21:30. Yes, they have had a long day. Yes, you've got to get people off on an airfield. However, I feel as I've paid from 18:30 - 21:30 then surely it's right to be able to take photographs until the end time? :question:

This isn't a dig at anybody who organised the event, or anything with Phil. Everyone was well behaved, loads of space along the pan, an was a generally good evening. I apologise in advance if this offends or upsets anyone, I just feel it is right to give some form of feedback. :smile: Overall, not a bad evening at all.

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

The risk factor may not have changed, the appetite for that risk may have done so though.

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

Well done Phil and all. Having been to many now, I thought it was quite nice that the reschedule meant a different light to what we are used to from complete daylight through a long sunset period to darkness. Shame about the engine running and it probably will have a negative impact on the event if it is carried forward but as a one off really good event and nice to be a little different.
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

I'm seeing a fair degree of negativity above, what I'm not seeing is any shots on the usual Forums at this relatively late time of day?
Was there anything of interest there, or is it just that Twatter & Face-ache are now the only photo-sharing medium? :dunno:

jules48

Post by jules48 »

Well considering there was virtually nothing listed the extra arrivals were very welcome.If the airfield is to be closed for runway repairs there may not be another one until next year now.

alisdairanderson

Post by alisdairanderson »

Stagger2 wrote:I'm seeing a fair degree of negativity above, what I'm not seeing is any shots on the usual Forums at this relatively late time of day?
Was there anything of interest there, or is it just that Twatter & Face-ache are now the only photo-sharing medium? :dunno:

I've not sorted through any others yet, but here's the Pembroke:

This was the star-aircraft for me, personally, and shame the A400M couldn't make it, but as always I consider it a privilege to be allowed on the base, and thanks to Phil and his team, the aircraft operators plus the Northolt staff for organising the event.

It was a massive shame that the sun hid behind that large cloud for over an hour, but can't change the weather!

Cheers
Alisdair

JamesC

Post by JamesC »

I'm at work so don't exactly have the time to edit haha, I was just giving honest feedback negative it may be. :smile:

ChrisWaddle

Post by ChrisWaddle »

Fe, Fe, Fe, Pulling permission for ground-running, with no warning, sounds like the station seniority don't want the burden of this event anymore. Ah, Ah, say Boy...
Boutros Boutros Ghali

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Stagger2 wrote:Was there anything of interest there, or is it just that Twatter & Face-ache are now the only photo-sharing medium? :dunno:

It’s a Friday and most people are either at work or enjoying the sun rather than sitting in front of their computer, give them chance.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Stagger2 wrote: what I'm not seeing is any shots on the usual Forums at this relatively late time of day?

Some of us have only just got back from an overnight stay in London. :biggrin:

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

The assembled mass and a fine selection of airframes

Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

Talldan76
UKAR Staff

Post by Talldan76 »

Pen Pusher wrote:
Stagger2 wrote: what I'm not seeing is any shots on the usual Forums at this relatively late time of day?

Some of us have only just got back from an overnight stay in London. :biggrin:

Brian

And some of us are at work... :sad:

Webby74

Post by Webby74 »

alisdairanderson wrote:
Stagger2 wrote:I'm seeing a fair degree of negativity above, what I'm not seeing is any shots on the usual Forums at this relatively late time of day?

I've not sorted through any others yet, but here's the Pembroke:

This was the star-aircraft for me, personally, and shame the A400M couldn't make it, but as always I consider it a privilege to be allowed on the base, and thanks to Phil and his team, the aircraft operators plus the Northolt staff for organising the event.

It was a massive shame that the sun hid behind that large cloud for over an hour, but can't change the weather!

Cheers
Alisdair

Lovely shot that. I didn't manage to get up the steps unfortunately

Webby74

Post by Webby74 »

This was my first time at Northolt and throughly enjoyed it. Shame there were no engine runs but there is always next time.
Thanks to Phil and his team for arranging a great event and I look forward to the next one

Ruislip Rustler

Post by Ruislip Rustler »

Who made the decision doesn't matter. It was made and now the event has passed.

Hopefully, it's a one-off - I suspect we'll know in October.
Insert witty / sarcastic / uncalled for comment (* delete as applicable)

www.leezpics.com