The US & UFOs

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: The US & UFOs

Post by boff180 »

Towards the end of the war, Germany was in the process of developing some extremely advanced tech in Poland and Germany including something known as the “Bell” which was supposed to be some form of advanced propulsion technology along the lines of anti gravity.

To stop it falling into the hands of the Russians and Allies, the Germans had the tunnels flooded or collapsed with the workforce trapped inside; only saving the senior scientists.

Those scientists found their way to the USA and to a lesser extent, Russia after the war.

I’m a firm believer that the US perfected the Bell technology and most UFO’s are indeed these vehicles which to this day are extremely classified due to their capabilities.

Perhaps one of the most interesting early encounters with the technology was the infamous “Battle of Los Angeles” in 1942 when the entire city air defence system engaged what were described as “flying saucers” over the city for a number of hours. Multiple accounts and witness statements said that searchlights were able to locate and track some of the craft. It’s not known if the photo that exists supposedly from the incident is a fake or not.

T_J

Post by T_J »

Luis Elizondo is also a member of the to the stars academy. See presentation that the group gave earlier this year. Luis Elizondo is seated third from left.

Quite amusing at 15:45 during the US Navy UFO incident presentation the image they are using is actually a mylar party balloon taken in the UK during 2005. The image has nothing to do with the US Navy incident.

https://www.metabunk.org/explained-phot ... oon.t9345/

See Rense article from 2005.

http://www.rense.com/general67/ufoph.htm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUOu9RpzwJI[/youtube]

https://dpo.tothestarsacademy.com/

Even military aircrew can be fooled. The Chilean Navy had a UFO Incident during 2014. The following footage filmed from a Chilean Navy Cougar helo.

Note at 8:18 the UFO creates a trail.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkUTGpegZN0[/youtube]

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gr ... 1ruwjkmx6r

Simply an airliner climbing out of an airport and producing an aerodynamic contrail as it is climbing to cruising altitude.

See excellent analysis using the footage to link up to flight tracking software.

https://www.metabunk.org/explained-chil ... 830.t8306/

qwerty

Post by qwerty »

I have tried for many years to see a UFO, sadly and despite being an avid sci fi fan i have failed. This is because I am also excellent at aircraft recognition and have learnt about many natural effects in the skies therefore I identify what i view. ( sometimes later using the internet search), on at least 10 occasions I have seen strange activity which would easily fit popular interpretation as a UFO from another race! Night shifts on airfields across the UK has shown me how easy it is to see landing lights and aircraft mounted searchlights over 15 miles away with no sound and following a flight path which does not seem likely for an aircraft. In daytime I have watched party balloons swirl in many directions,up down sideways which also can fool viewers.

So on balance the truth is out there but eventually the majority are explained...
Last edited by qwerty on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

I agree with Alex - no evidence to date that we have been visited by anyone from outside our own planet.

And when I say 'evidence' I want proper incontrovertible evidence not a blurry picture of a model made from two paper plates hanging off some fishing line!

Don't believe me? Here is a picture showing how far into the galaxy our radio waves have travelled in the last one hundred years. The distances between stars are just insurmountable.

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

speedbird2639 wrote:The distances between stars are just insurmountable.

Quite. And that's even before we get to the distance between galaxies, of which I gather there are millions, if not billions. Make the most of your lives guys and gals, we only have one. Blimey, just thought, we can't really say that now, guys and gals that is. :oops:
Last edited by AlexC on Wed 27 Dec 2017, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Beefy

Post by Beefy »

Do a little research:

Yes, it is true that mathematically there is likely to be life elsewhere in "Space", due to the shear vastness of it, the number of stars, planets, solar systems, Galaxies, etc. etc.

However, due to the vast distances involved, despite whatever technology you think maybe possible out-there, these other "Civilisations", would rise and fall before they would have advanced enough to send anyone to visit us.

Look at all civilisations on Earth (Romans, Egyptians, Myans, Inca's) - however advanced they become, they all disappear very quickly (remember "we" have not been around for very long in relative terms compared to the age of the universe).

Even if an advanced alien race could travel unimaginable distances in the blink of an eye, for them to find the Earth and visit us at the same time that our species has begun flying around in our own atmosphere is simply impossible.

If the Earth is over 4 billion years old and we have been "flying" for less than 200 years, that's 0.0000000006% of the lifetime of the Earth.

There is zero chance that "Aliens" have visited the Earth.

End of.

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

Well said Beefy

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So to the next person who claims they saw a 'UFO'. Well maybe you saw an object which was unidentified and apparently flying in the Earth's atmosphere but what you categorically did not see was a craft which was built by another lifeform living outside of Earth.

CJS

Post by CJS »

I don't believe we've ever been visited, but it's just not possible to say another living entity couldn't have found a way to do it.

For all we know, there are countless groups of living (whatever that might mean somewhere else) which have evolved and are quite happily meeting their near neighbours as we speak.

It's one of the literally mind boggling things about space. Yes, we know a lot, but my goodness me there's so much more that we just have no clue about. I quite like the way we can't know what's going on elsewhere in the universe - gives a little bit of infallibility after all!

Personally I like the notion that we're all living in a giant snow globe on someone's mantlepiece...
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Airwolfhound

Post by Airwolfhound »

Beefy wrote:Do a little research:

End of.

Apologies, but that is just bull (in terms of the 'End of').

Be a little more open minded, just because you see it as being completely impossible, doesn't mean to say it is. Just because we can't imagine it being possible, no matter what mathematical formulae is thrown at it, doesn't make it impossible. Just means that we as humans can't work it out, I doubt we are the most advanced species in the whole galaxy/galaxies. I have to admit that I do believe in aliens and other worlds out there in however many galaxies there are, and I do reckon we have been visited by them (look at Trump for instance :lol: ). I don't need evidence or proof for what I believe, I'm just a bit more open in thinking 'we are not alone' :ghost: :ninja: :wink:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)

aceyone

Post by aceyone »

Airwolfhound wrote:
Beefy wrote:Do a little research:

End of.

Apologies, but that is just bull (in terms of the 'End of').

Be a little more open minded, just because you see it as being completely impossible, doesn't mean to say it is. Just because we can't imagine it being possible, no matter what mathematical formulae is thrown at it, doesn't make it impossible. Just means that we as humans can't work it out, I doubt we are the most advanced species in the whole galaxy/galaxies. I have to admit that I do believe in aliens and other worlds out there in however many galaxies there are, and I do reckon we have been visited by them (look at Trump for instance :lol: ). I don't need evidence or proof for what I believe, I'm just a bit more open in thinking 'we are not alone' :ghost: :nineja: :wink:

So these highly advanced entities have perfected technology enough to travel millions of miles through space/time to visit Earth , only to faff around in a conifer plantation in Suffolk in between abducting countless Americans and making pretty patterns in wheat fields ? I don't think so :wink:
Don't know about those jets ,they spoil a very nice place

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

There has to be something else out there, I mean if there is a "God" or "Supreme Being" who created this biological experiment called "Earth" and this, the human being is best that can be created by he/ she/ it. If this shows that the human being is the most intelligent creature in the Galaxy/ Universe then God help any other aliens we will meet in the future.

They might come in peace to this planet, but this planet still suffers from Cold War paranoia where Earth would attack first THEN think "should we ask questions first"?.

I prefer to think that aliens have visited Earth way back when we were in the Bronze/ Iron Age and they decided to stay clear for a few tens of thousand years for us to eventually become civilised.

I mean everyone said that Trump would never, ever, ever, ever make it to the white house but he proved everyone wrong, it's only a matter of time (be it hours, days, weeks, years or centuries) before it will be proved that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the Galaxy/ Universe.

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

There has to be something else out there

Why does there have to be something else out there? Just because scientists say that we can assume that our solar system is 'typical' and our galaxy has up to 400bn stars so there may be up to 3200bn planets in our galaxy alone and there are 100bn galaxies doesn't prove that there is other life out there - it just makes it statistically likely. Surely we can only approach a scientific question like this by looking for incontrovertible evidence and in this case, no matter how statistically improbable, we to date have no evidence of a) life outside of Earth b) any contact from any life form from outside our own planet.

I mean everyone said that Trump would never, ever, ever, ever make it to the white house

(Slight tangent here - but its good story) Not correct - when the early stages of the US electoral system were getting underway I said to SWMBO "If DT and Hillary get the nominations, The Donald will win". "Rubbish" she said "Not a chance - even Americans aren't THAT stupid". So I bet her £10 and obviously I won.

it's only a matter of time... before it will be proved that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the Galaxy/ Universe.

Again using a false equivalence that just because there would have to be almost impossibly long odds of there not being other life means that therefore there must be other life.

We should only be concerning ourselves with enquiring as to whether there is life on planets in adjacent solar systems because anything beyond that the distances are so great that we wouldn't even be able to send them a message in a realistic timeframe never mind visit/ worry about a visit from them. NASA has been monitoring radio frequencies for 60+ years and during that time there have been a few false alarms but never any signal that could be proven to have been generated by another life form.

At the end of the day its all science based and in that case you have to look for evidence. And the evidence simply isn't there - not even the tiniest scrap of it.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Currently we have no (nil, zero) evidence of any life form on any other object outside Earth so until such a time as any evidence is forthcoming the only conclusion we can reach is that we are alone on the Blue Marble.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

These would be the same scientists who, for the last few years, have been pushing the ridiculous idea that for life to exist/have existed on another planet would require that planet to have/have had oxygen & water and have/have had certain climatic conditions.
Wonder what genius thought that one up ! :facepalm:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

The earth (apparently) is around 4.5 billion years old.
The universe 13.8 billion years old..

That gives one hell of a head start to a civilisation that evolved on one of the first habitable planets..
I'd not discount the notion out of hand thats for sure.

One other thing..
In the beginning God created The Earth...blah blah blah...
So God couldn't be of this Earth..
Doesn't that make God an alien?

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

neville wrote:Ah another Erich Von Daniken disciple...

I'd never heard of the chap but a quick Google and I see where you'd come to that conclusion..

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Brevet Cable wrote:These would be the same scientists who, for the last few years, have been pushing the ridiculous idea that for life to exist/have existed on another planet would require that planet to have/have had oxygen & water and have/have had certain climatic conditions.
Wonder what genius thought that one up ! :facepalm:

'It's life Jim, but not as we know it' as someone once famously said. :question:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Darren50

Post by Darren50 »

speedbird2639 wrote:Well said Beefy

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So to the next person who claims they saw a 'UFO'. Well maybe you saw an object which was unidentified and apparently flying in the Earth's atmosphere but what you categorically did not see was a craft which was built by another lifeform living outside of Earth.

Maybe, one reason that nobody has ever spotted a craft which was built by another lifeform etc.. is , if they have somehow managed to develop the capability to identify another another inhabited planet and also visit ,and therefore infinitely more advanced than us, is it not possible that they have also managed to perfect the art of making themselves invisible.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Darren50 wrote:...is it not possible that they have also managed to perfect the art of making themselves invisible.

:joystick:
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Burleysway

Post by Burleysway »

Good write up in the Independant today..........

Why are we so eager to believe in extraterrestrial life?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/long_ ... 31286.html

tuska2

Post by tuska2 »

What a bunch of cynics you lot are! Next you'll be saying there is no Loch Ness Monster, and Elvis hasn't got a Fish & chip shop on the Moon, where is the
sense of wonder chaps?

psquiddy

Post by psquiddy »

The Fermi Paradox is the apparent contradiction between the lack of evidence and high probability estimates for the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations

There is quite an interesting read on why there has been no contact with aliens here:

https://waitbutwhy.com/2014/05/fermi-paradox.html
Over 300 free things to do in London
http://www.toplondondaysout.co.uk

Big_Gareth

Post by Big_Gareth »

psquiddy wrote:The Fermi Paradox is the apparent contradiction between the lack of evidence and high probability estimates for the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations

There is quite an interesting read on why there has been no contact with aliens here:

https://waitbutwhy.com/2014/05/fermi-paradox.html

Enjoyed that, thanks for posting, much food for thought.