Plane's of Fame B-25 Europe bound

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Ryan.

Plane's of Fame B-25 Europe bound

Post by Ryan. »

According to Plane's of Fame Instagram account its B-25 "Photo Fanny" is making the trip over to Europe. It should be in Greenland today according to the post however they haven't said what it's coming over for.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi50kGJgX6v/
Last edited by Ryan. on Sat 19 May 2018, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brevet Cable

Re: Plane's of Fame B-25 UK bound

Post by Brevet Cable »

If posts on the Flypast forum are correct, it's en-route to wherever they're filming the forthcoming television mini-series of 'Catch 22'
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Nice that its coming over, but that surely is going to be the most pointless and underwhelming remake in history.

AFKAMC

Post by AFKAMC »

FarnboroJohn wrote:Nice that its coming over, but that surely is going to be the most pointless and underwhelming remake in history.

It won't be completely pointless if it persuades me to finally read the book - I've had a copy sat on my shelves for years, and never got round to it.

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

Just in time for Duxford next week then... :heyhey:

Strange (but nice tho') why come all this way to film something that could be done virtually anywhere? :dunno:

Edit...According to Wikipedia its going to star George Clooney and Hugh Laurie and filming starts in Sardinia and Rome at the end of this month...

I remember reading the book many years ago and haven't seen the film for ages either....
...Rad shutters auto.

Marathon Milkshake

Post by Marathon Milkshake »

AFKAMC wrote:
FarnboroJohn wrote:Nice that its coming over, but that surely is going to be the most pointless and underwhelming remake in history.

It won't be completely pointless if it persuades me to finally read the book - I've had a copy sat on my shelves for years, and never got round to it.

Possibly the most over rated pile of drivel ever published, you are not missing anything. IIRC I threw my copy away after trying to read it several time. The film is just as bad.
Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

Marathon Milkshake wrote:
AFKAMC wrote:

Possibly the most over rated pile of drivel ever published, you are not missing anything. IIRC I threw my copy away after trying to read it several time. The film is just as bad.

I liked them both
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

Marathon Milkshake wrote:
AFKAMC wrote:

I've not seen the film but the book is one of my favourites. One for the 'must ban' list for future governments I suspect... but that's another topic all together.

Stagger2

Re: Plane's of Fame B-25 Europe bound

Post by Stagger2 »

Would be good to see another flying B-25 over this side of the Pond. I'm not sure why Mexico is no longer an possible location as per the 'original', or how one B-25 will replace the 17 Bombers used in the 1969/70 version? Did I mention I detest CGI? :sick:
I saw this as a 'spotty youth' & whilst I was aware of the meaning of 'Catch 22' as defined, there were disturbing scenes like the decapitation/intestines that were a tad surreal. It's gonna be a hard act to follow. The character Capt. John Yossarian was 'made' for Alan Arkin.
Worth a watching of the original for the Bombers & Directorship alone. In this era of sensationalism it's incredible that the camera stays on the opportunistic 1st Lt. Milo Minderbinder (Jon Voight) & his Boss as a burning B-25 lands behind them & explodes out of shot! :clap:

Amp

Post by Amp »

I understand this routed Wick to France today. Did anyone see it in the clear blue sky?

Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

Looking forward to seeing how this version turns out. It's one of the all-time great novels, not just war novels, written by an active participant in WW2 who had a great eye for the absurdity of how war is carried out.

Note of caution: this B-25's name is something that requires great care when doing a google search.

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

A second B25 (N898BW) has just landed at Keflavik.

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

Big Eric wrote:A second B25 (N898BW) has just landed at Keflavik.

This is now on it's way to Wick.

Amp

Post by Amp »

Does anyone know if this is routing direct to France then Italy, same way as the first B-25, or might this one stop in England for a break?

pbeardmore

Post by pbeardmore »

Reminds me of that classic documentary, overdue for a rewatch
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

Amp

Post by Amp »

A couple of photos of "Axis Nightmare" are now on the Wick Airport Twitter page.

chrisward123

Post by chrisward123 »

N898BW Currently tracking over Clitheroe heading South at 9000ft @ 09:58L
Lakes Lightning Collection

NTG1610

Post by NTG1610 »

not the best picture but seen over Stalybridge n/e of Manchester not long ago
ImageNorth American TB-25N Mitchell N898BW by NTG1 pictures, on Flickr

Amp

Post by Amp »

It went directly to Deauville, same as earlier B-25.

NTG1610

Post by NTG1610 »

So we just need both to go home via Duxford(13/14 july would be good)

stanak

Post by stanak »

I missed the first one at Deauville
not the second, just in time :sweat: