Climate Change - Airshows

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Finningley Boy

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Post by Finningley Boy »

Ken Shabby wrote:
Brevet Cable wrote:The only ones I felt sorry for were the pair of OAP protesters sitting on the platform who looked scared stiff of the mob of commuters around them.

Strangely enough, I didn’t have a great deal of sympathy for them. If I’m ever going to do something likely to pee-off a large number of people in the immediate vicinity (e.g. pass some extremely toxic flatulence or disrupt a public transport system), I’ve always felt it a good idea to make plans for a speedy exit. Gluing myself to the floor would be the last thing I’d choose to do.

I trust that any flatulence sufferers, be they German, Chinese or anyone who takes offence on behalf of persons of those particular nationalities, won’t be offended by my remarks. Similarly, I hope that anyone who suffers from any psychological condition that impels them to glue themselves to items of public transport infrastructure, will also not be offended by anything I’ve said.

What a Shabby thing to say! :sleepy:

FB :cuppa:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!

Andyph

Post by Andyph »

Ken Shabby wrote:
Brevet Cable wrote:The only ones I felt sorry for were the pair of OAP protesters sitting on the platform who looked scared stiff of the mob of commuters around them.

Strangely enough, I didn’t have a great deal of sympathy for them. If I’m ever going to do something likely to pee-off a large number of people in the immediate vicinity (e.g. pass some extremely toxic flatulence or disrupt a public transport system), I’ve always felt it a good idea to make plans for a speedy exit. Gluing myself to the floor would be the last thing I’d choose to do.

I trust that any flatulence sufferers, be they German, Chinese or anyone who takes offence on behalf of persons of those particular nationalities, won’t be offended by my remarks. Similarly, I hope that anyone who suffers from any psychological condition that impels them to glue themselves to items of public transport infrastructure, will also not be offended by anything I’ve said.

I'm blown away by how many numpties are on this site!!!

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Elaboration required there, methinks.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Andyph

Post by Andyph »

Brevet Cable wrote:Elaboration required there, methinks.

Well you can either side with science. Or the idiots. I see from your posts which you choose.
It would be comedy if it was not so tragic.

How is science denial going with the current issue of the day?

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

Andyph wrote:
How is science denial going with the current issue of the day?

Well quite a lot of people are very upset with our government's science led strategy.

Science is not some monolithic entity with only one strand of thought. Disagreement is rife.

Andyph

Post by Andyph »

Fair point

But I would add

Not WRT climate change. Or at least the broader points it's not.

And with the Virus the US is governed by anti science thinking . Look at the state they are in.

The UK response was a mathematical rather than public health thinking.

I am happy as I live in NZ. science front and centre. 19 new cases today. 5 deaths only since this started.