Climate Change - Airshows

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 10 Oct 2019, 2:11 pm

Especially as he was arrested only a month or two ago for taking part in other ER stupidity.
The aircraft should have departed as scheduled.....he'd soon come off ( or the bits not glued to the airframe would ) and he's far enough back not to be ingested as FOD.
When it comes to protesters, Iraq has the right idea.

As you can tell, I have no sympathy for them.
Unofficial forum brauer und winzer
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 6:41 am

Snigger.....
XR throbbers decide to protest by climbing on top of a Jubilee Line train......commuters proceed to drag them off and give at least one of them a good kicking ( after he thought it clever to kick one of the commuters in the face )
Good drills, it's about time. :up:
Unofficial forum brauer und winzer
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby Finningley Boy on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 12:41 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:Snigger.....
XR throbbers decide to protest by climbing on top of a Jubilee Line train......commuters proceed to drag them off and give at least one of them a good kicking ( after he thought it clever to kick one of the commuters in the face )
Good drills, it's about time. :up:

Indeed, apparently the ER people are now reviewing their policy on interfering with public transport. I'm bloody sure they are, I imagine they're reviewing their sanctimonious expectation they were going to carry all before them, but after having had a basin full of 'Mr Broccoli' on Peirse and Suzannah's show and the constant refusal to explain what we're supposed to do when we already have an outstanding record on pursuing climate change objectives while China, India and others continue to increase their carbon output. China's carbon foot print is already like clown's shoe rack compared with the UK's baby booty! :biggrin:

FB :cuppa:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby starbuck on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 1:12 pm

Finningley Boy wrote:China's carbon foot print is already like clown's shoe rack compared with the UK's baby booty! :biggrin:

FB :cuppa:


Pretty sure you mean baby booties FB????
starbuck

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby AlexC on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 1:47 pm

frank wrote:Agreed - 24 posts is 24 too many on this subject
:grin:


7 pages to date!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
User avatar
AlexC

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby Finningley Boy on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 3:10 pm

starbuck wrote:
Finningley Boy wrote:China's carbon foot print is already like clown's shoe rack compared with the UK's baby booty! :biggrin:

FB :cuppa:


Pretty sure you mean baby booties FB????

No just the one Starbuck! :wink:

FB :cuppa:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby Spiny Norman on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 5:12 pm

It's interesting how many climate change deniers from the right wing say that the UK's carbon emissions are so small compared to China or India and so what's the point in trying to reduce them.

And then say Britain is a global nation with much influence.
User avatar
Spiny Norman

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby Finningley Boy on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 6:15 pm

Spiny Norman wrote:It's interesting how many climate change deniers from the right wing say that the UK's carbon emissions are so small compared to China or India and so what's the point in trying to reduce them.

And then say Britain is a global nation with much influence.

That's right Spiny you've got me there, perhaps ER are just too switched on to try their carry on in the middle of Tiananmen Square, because they'll not only get arrested but charged with insurrection or something, have seven shades beaten out of them before being shut away in a 're-education' camp for the rested of their absolutely miserably shortened deprived lives. Hoping the British government will protest in the strongest terms and demand their release. However, they can always head over to Germany and set up camp outside the Reichstag, evidently the biggest paymaster of the EU is also the sixth largest contributor to climate change. :cuppa:

Mind you, I would be weary of the German cops should they get the old dander up an 'all, there's not a lot about them, in practice, to suggest they've changed that much since the good old days! :wink:

FB :biggrin:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby Paul_Reflex on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 6:21 pm

Come on FB, that is an outrageous thing to say about the Germans. People from Germany do frequent this forum and you must realise the significance of what you’ve said. Perhaps a retraction and an apology is in order.
User avatar
Paul_Reflex

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby Ken Shabby on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 6:33 pm

I did feel a bit sorry for the poor chap being dragged off the top of the tube train. But if you’re going to mess with commuters, do it at South Ken or Sloane Square, not at Stratford or Canning Town. You won’t find much empathy for your cause there.
Ken

I came here for a shoot-out right, a proper shoot-out, with some proper men.
Ken Shabby

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby Finningley Boy on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 7:42 pm

Paul_Reflex wrote:Come on FB, that is an outrageous thing to say about the Germans. People from Germany do frequent this forum and you must realise the significance of what you’ve said. Perhaps a retraction and an apology is in order.

Paul,

Its 'irony' for crying out loud. :wall:

FB :biggrin:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby Ken Shabby on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 8:14 pm

Finningley Boy wrote:
Spiny Norman wrote:It's interesting how many climate change deniers from the right wing say that the UK's carbon emissions are so small compared to China or India and so what's the point in trying to reduce them.

And then say Britain is a global nation with much influence.

That's right Spiny you've got me there, perhaps ER are just too switched on to try their carry on in the middle of Tiananmen Square, because they'll not only get arrested but charged with insurrection or something, have seven shades beaten out of them before being shut away in a 're-education' camp for the rested of their absolutely miserably shortened deprived lives. Hoping the British government will protest in the strongest terms and demand their release. However, they can always head over to Germany and set up camp outside the Reichstag, evidently the biggest paymaster of the EU is also the sixth largest contributor to climate change. :cuppa:

Mind you, I would be weary of the German cops should they get the old dander up an 'all, there's not a lot about them, in practice, to suggest they've changed that much since the good old days! :wink:

FB :biggrin:


And an apology to the Chinese wouldn’t go amiss either, FB! Chinese people reading this forum will take offence at your lazy, ill-informed comments about their country’s police force and cheap insinuations about its forward-looking education policies.
Ken

I came here for a shoot-out right, a proper shoot-out, with some proper men.
Ken Shabby

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby starbuck on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 8:17 pm

Finningley Boy wrote:
Paul_Reflex wrote:Come on FB, that is an outrageous thing to say about the Germans. People from Germany do frequent this forum and you must realise the significance of what you’ve said. Perhaps a retraction and an apology is in order.

Paul,

Its 'irony' for crying out loud. :wall:

FB :biggrin:


I'm sure any Germans reading this will feel entitled to be a little Irony Cross :whistle:
starbuck

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby cg_341 on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 8:25 pm

Some of the comments made on this forum are disgusting. Whatever happened to well informed debate. Something UKAR actually managed to do well. Now, this...
cg_341

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby Finningley Boy on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 8:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM1c_58e6jk

For Paul and Ken, see the link, plenty more where that came from.

FB :cuppa:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby DerekF on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 9:42 pm

cg_341 wrote:Some of the comments made on this forum are disgusting. Whatever happened to well informed debate. Something UKAR actually managed to do well. Now, this...


Indeed. I am, however seeing a pattern....
There is a serious point to be made about the future of airshows in general in light of climate change.
If normal air travel, road transport and pollution is being targeted then it's hard to see how air shows can be excluded.
Extinction Rebellion may have methods which some find disagreeable but at least they doing something and to dismiss them as "crusties" as some buffoon did recenty is to ignore who are actually taking part in their demonstrations. It is certainly not the "unwashed" as many seem to think. It is ordinary peolpe of all ages.


Finningley Boy wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM1c_58e6jk

For Paul and Ken, see the link, plenty more where that came from.

FB :cuppa:


What on earth has the behaviour of German police got to do with climate change at airshows?
User avatar
DerekF

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby Finningley Boy on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:01 pm

DerekF wrote:
cg_341 wrote:Some of the comments made on this forum are disgusting. Whatever happened to well informed debate. Something UKAR actually managed to do well. Now, this...


Indeed. I am, however seeing a pattern....
There is a serious point to be made about the future of airshows in general in light of climate change.
If normal air travel, road transport and pollution is being targeted then it's hard to see how air shows can be excluded.
Extinction Rebellion may have methods which some find disagreeable but at least they doing something and to dismiss them as "crusties" as some buffoon did recenty is to ignore who are actually taking part in their demonstrations. It is certainly not the "unwashed" as many seem to think. It is ordinary peolpe of all ages.


Finningley Boy wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM1c_58e6jk

For Paul and Ken, see the link, plenty more where that came from.

FB :cuppa:


What on earth has the behaviour of German police got to do with climate change at airshows?


Nothing whatsoever Derek, however, I've got myself entangled with other posters who have broadened the subject, beginning with Spiny Norman who brought up the subject of China and why ER don't even consider lobbying their Government, one thing led to another, I referred to Germany's (its all in previous posts) climate change record and made a joke about ER protesting there. That brought a long face response from Paul Reflex and Ken Shabby, something about being horrid to the Germans and Chinese and so here we are. Hope that clears matters a little.

FB
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby Paul_Reflex on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 6:58 am

You know what you said and you know why it is offensive, but you don’t care as long as you’re being provocative enough to entertain yourself. You’re like a crap posting, daily mail come to life. The only difference is that the daily mail at least has the decency to come out only once a day.
User avatar
Paul_Reflex

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby Airshowhammer on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 8:12 am

Ken Shabby wrote:I did feel a bit sorry for the poor chap being dragged off the top of the tube train. But if you’re going to mess with commuters, do it at South Ken or Sloane Square, not at Stratford or Canning Town. You won’t find much empathy for your cause there.


Nope. Deserved to be dragged off.
Airshowhammer

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby MiG_Eater on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 8:52 am

Paul_Reflex wrote: The only difference is that the daily mail at least has the decency to come out only once a day.


As a fan of an amusing riposte i'd like to give this one my approval.

I heard someone say they wished we could swap the Extinction Rebellion lot for the Gilet Jaunes, and I must say - it is a swap i'd gladly make - though (and this is based in fact i'm afraid) i'm not sure the XR lot would cope very well with the boots of the French police...
MiG_Eater

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby Finningley Boy on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 10:14 am

Paul_Reflex wrote:You know what you said and you know why it is offensive, but you don’t care as long as you’re being provocative enough to entertain yourself. You’re like a crap posting, daily mail come to life. The only difference is that the daily mail at least has the decency to come out only once a day.


Paul, I perhaps have a different perspective on life, possibly through being brought up in earlier less sensitive times, to you clearly, I've been brought up not to take such matters quite so seriously, either way. Given the current hyper sensitivity to taking offence, on someone else's behalf, you don't surprise me with your overly mawkish response. I haven't got time for people like you, we were once a nation of under statement and thoughtful response, we now over state everything and over react invariably to anything. You sir, are a prize example.

FB
Last edited by Finningley Boy on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby Spiny Norman on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 10:14 am

Finningley Boy wrote:
Nothing whatsoever Derek, however, I've got myself entangled with other posters who have broadened the subject, beginning with Spiny Norman who brought up the subject of China and why ER don't even consider lobbying their Government, one thing led to another, I referred to Germany's (its all in previous posts) climate change record and made a joke about ER protesting there. That brought a long face response from Paul Reflex and Ken Shabby, something about being horrid to the Germans and Chinese and so here we are. Hope that clears matters a little.

FB


<sighs> This is the trouble with "debating" on the internet. You brought up China originally. I brought up the paradox of UK having global influence/not having any influence. I never mentioned ER.
User avatar
Spiny Norman

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby Finningley Boy on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 10:35 am

Spiny Norman wrote:
Finningley Boy wrote:
Nothing whatsoever Derek, however, I've got myself entangled with other posters who have broadened the subject, beginning with Spiny Norman who brought up the subject of China and why ER don't even consider lobbying their Government, one thing led to another, I referred to Germany's (its all in previous posts) climate change record and made a joke about ER protesting there. That brought a long face response from Paul Reflex and Ken Shabby, something about being horrid to the Germans and Chinese and so here we are. Hope that clears matters a little.

FB


<sighs> This is the trouble with "debating" on the internet. You brought up China originally. I brought up the paradox of UK having global influence/not having any influence. I never mentioned ER.

Ok Spiny, I inferred from your original post that you're quite happy with ER and their programme to shut down every reliable means of running the economy, by 2025? The point which many make about China, certainly not just me, is it is the biggest polluter on the planet, it also has a bloody lousy Human rights record. My point is simply that this is the reason why these people don't go anywhere near the like. I honestly don't know, but to be serious for a moment, what would happen if Roger Hallam and co set up camp in Tiananmen Square and behaved in exactly the same way they go on here, or Moscow, or indeed, Berlin. I do believe that the authorities in the first two would respond in an unduly heavy handed manner, to say the very least, and that is why these brave climate warriors prefer the accommodating nature of the MET and until quite recently, what they wrongly thought included the British public! To answer your point about British international influence, this is a variable depending on whom and what the government are trying to achieve, but you seem to suggest that the British Government should do ER's bidding by lobbying the Chinese government on their behalf, as they would see it, everyone's behalf. No they shouldn't, they don't support ER's plan of action and nor does any other government in the world. That's not to say ours and other governments aren't tackling climate change from a more realistic approach. Hope this clarifies my misplaced attempts at humour with some people. :cuppa:

FB
Last edited by Finningley Boy on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 12:09 pm

Airshowhammer wrote:
Ken Shabby wrote:I did feel a bit sorry for the poor chap being dragged off the top of the tube train. But if you’re going to mess with commuters, do it at South Ken or Sloane Square, not at Stratford or Canning Town. You won’t find much empathy for your cause there.


Nope. Deserved to be dragged off.

:up:
He lost any sympathy when he kicked the bloke in the face.

I don't agree with XR, but the bloke who was chased along the top of the carriage shouldn't have been pushed off the carriage as he was....nor should the XR bloke ( apparently a freelance journalist ) filming the protest have been assaulted as he was.

The only ones I felt sorry for were the pair of OAP protesters sitting on the platform who looked scared stiff of the mob of commuters around them.


And on the topic of airshows ( well, aviation anyway ) how many of you listened to Radio 4's 'The Bottom Line' a couple of months ago, discussing the steps the aviation industry are taking to cut emissions? https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000713p
Unofficial forum brauer und winzer
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: Climate Change - Airshows

Postby Ken Shabby on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 10:23 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:The only ones I felt sorry for were the pair of OAP protesters sitting on the platform who looked scared stiff of the mob of commuters around them.


Strangely enough, I didn’t have a great deal of sympathy for them. If I’m ever going to do something likely to pee-off a large number of people in the immediate vicinity (e.g. pass some extremely toxic flatulence or disrupt a public transport system), I’ve always felt it a good idea to make plans for a speedy exit. Gluing myself to the floor would be the last thing I’d choose to do.

I trust that any flatulence sufferers, be they German, Chinese or anyone who takes offence on behalf of persons of those particular nationalities, won’t be offended by my remarks. Similarly, I hope that anyone who suffers from any psychological condition that impels them to glue themselves to items of public transport infrastructure, will also not be offended by anything I’ve said.
Ken

I came here for a shoot-out right, a proper shoot-out, with some proper men.
Ken Shabby

PreviousNext

Return to Aviation Waffle

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests