Big jet TV YouTube channel

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Reds Rolling

Re: Big jet TV YouTube channel

Post by Reds Rolling »

I'm with DerekF on this.

Having looked at the hate site, they seem to like dishing it out, but can't take anything back. The stupid petition seems to have been taken down, and they're all a bit upset. :rofl:

Also they claim that you have to pay just to chat on the Big Jet You Tube stream, but I'm pretty sure it's free if you just subscribe to the channel page.

Georgeconna

Post by Georgeconna »

Yeah watched loads of stuff, Ok its not the BBC but gives a nice exposure to folks that cant get there. Epically the lakenheath stuff and again ya man talking does not pretend to be Sidney superspotter.
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.

Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

The Page Transparency section on the Big Jet TV Lies Facebook page says all you need to know about Facebook’s concept of ‘transparency’.

(I appreciate I’m posting this under a pseudonym, so will accept any accusations of hypocrisy on the chin. In my defence I would say that I don’t hide under a cloak of secrecy to make libellous remarks about people with the aim of putting them out of business.)

UPDATE: I’ve just had a scroll down some of the recent posts on the BJTV Lies page and it has to be just the saddest place on the internet - and that’s coming from someone who watches cat videos on YouTube.
Ken

Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

Reds Rolling wrote:
Mon 07 Feb 2022, 12:56 pm
I'm with DerekF on this.

Having looked at the hate site, they seem to like dishing it out, but can't take anything back. The stupid petition seems to have been taken down, and they're all a bit upset. :rofl:

Also they claim that you have to pay just to chat on the Big Jet You Tube stream, but I'm pretty sure it's free if you just subscribe to the channel page.
Exactly - and so what if you do have to pay to chat? If you don’t want to, simply choose not to pay and find somewhere where it’s free. It’s not as if BJTV is funded by the TV Licence.

(And change.org is worth a visit if you’ve got 10 minutes spare and need a laugh. The things people start petitions for is mind-blowing: “We petition Boris Johnson to force the people next door to cut their front grass a bit more often” etc. You’d think they’d get the message when only 20 people sign the petitions (i.e them and their mates) but they carry on creating more and more of the pointless things.)
Ken

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

I've learned some important lessons over the past year.

One is if someone pees you off. Don't hate,. (Unless you're bozo), Just walk away. I don't watch his stuff. I suppose he's catering for a specific audience.

I was part of the hate group. Lasted a couple of weeks and walked away. No need for all that hate.

There are alternatives, ie, aviation in action which is really good. So I'll watch that.

All I'll say to Jerry is good luck. Educate yourself a little.
Life's a piece of S*** if you look at it!

Berf

Post by Berf »

At some stage there is going to be an issue with live streaming at military bases - I just hope it does not end up with drastic measures that affect our hobby.
Last edited by Berf on Wed 09 Feb 2022, 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

Well said. Some common sense needs to be exercised. It is one thing taking photos and uploading them within a few hours but these "live streamers" could so easily cause problems and / or cause unnecessary issues. But it is a free country and until the "live streams" actually broadcast something which is serious they will continue. Biggest problem is that those filming are unlikely to realise what (if anything) they have seen is important. Not just in the realm in of national security but simply bad taste (god forbid anybody actually films a crash)

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

So it seems Darren at Aviation In Action has had a word with the 'Hate' site and asked them to stop naming his channel on their page.

They used to push his channel a lot, and to be fair it's a good channel, but it seems he's not stupid enough to want to be associated by name with a bunch of obsessed lunatics so has had a word! :rofl:

He might want to have another word though, as it seems the page's looney followers are still naming AiA in their comments and probably doing his channel more harm than good.

Cole

Post by Cole »

DerekF wrote:
Sun 06 Feb 2022, 5:33 pm
Since when is 17 underage for posting on the internet? It doesn't alter the fact that the hate group is a particularly nasty group of keyboard warriors who hide behind anonymity and bandy around accusations without any evidence or proof. Those behind the Lies Page clearly have issues and are using Facebooks lack of control to further their agenda - whatever it is.
I think the original purpose of that page was good, to show everyone how much of a discrace he is to this community. But it seems that now the folks running the page are clutching at straws for new things to post about him..

There isn't much i could say to change anyones mind, but i remember the day a few years ago where he was sat at Lakenheath, he gets word of a U2 with serious issues diverting to Mildenhall, chucks his gear in his van and says "Stay Tuned folks we are going to watch a crash" then speeds off nearly wiping out people (me included) at the forest enterance doing a silly speed... Luckily the U2 made it down safe..but it was not certain that would be the case.
Anyone who is happy to use monetize an aircraft crashing doesnt deserve to be in this hobby.
Canon 800D & Sigma 150-600 C
Dudley, West Midlands

Shows I'm Attending in 2020:

Well Um..

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

Nowadays if you are not happy with the way someone is providing content, the solution is simple. Don't buy it, don't watch it. If something is illegal, report it.

The Hate page is trying to sabotage someone's livelihood through bullying and harassment. Facebook is contributing to this by allowing it to remain on-line.

Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

DerekF wrote:
Mon 14 Feb 2022, 8:49 am
Nowadays if you are not happy with the way someone is providing content, the solution is simple. Don't buy it, don't watch it. If something is illegal, report it.
To be fair to the people at BJ TV Lies & Fakery, they do say that if anyone doesn’t like what they’re doing, they don’t have to read the page!
Ken

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Cole wrote:
Mon 14 Feb 2022, 2:38 am
DerekF wrote:
Since when is 17 underage for posting on the internet? It doesn't alter the fact that the hate group is a particularly nasty group of keyboard warriors who hide behind anonymity and bandy around accusations without any evidence or proof. Those behind the Lies Page clearly have issues and are using Facebooks lack of control to further their agenda - whatever it is.
I think the original purpose of that page was good, to show everyone how much of a discrace he is to this community. But it seems that now the folks running the page are clutching at straws for new things to post about him..

There isn't much i could say to change anyones mind, but i remember the day a few years ago where he was sat at Lakenheath, he gets word of a U2 with serious issues diverting to Mildenhall, chucks his gear in his van and says "Stay Tuned folks we are going to watch a crash" then speeds off nearly wiping out people (me included) at the forest enterance doing a silly speed... Luckily the U2 made it down safe..but it was not certain that would be the case.
Anyone who is happy to use monetize an aircraft crashing doesnt deserve to be in this hobby.
Photographers have been photographing crashes since time immemorial, and they not only contribute to investigations but also make money, witness the chap who got £35,000 for his MiG 29 collision pictures at Fairford (it seemed only my brother and I lowered our cameras to look for chutes, everyone else got great pix of MiGs falling in showers of burning AVTUR: explanations on a postcard!) I also recall a sequence of a falling RAF Phantom with an unlatched radome from Aircraft Illustrated about a million years ago taken by a spotter at an airfield. I also once watched the entire hobby's personnel drift to the flight line at Duxford and prepare their cameras for an arriving Hurricane with an undercarriage problem. My survey is of course incomplete and mentions only events with happy outcomes.

When fortune puts you in the spot and someone waves notes, few will resist in the final analysis. Even fewer will have resisted the urge to document events.

phreakf4

Post by phreakf4 »

When I witnessed the MiG collision at Fairford I didn't even reach for my camera, I was too concerned with looking for chutes, which fortunately appeared; as was the case when the Skyraider and Mustang collided at Duxford. The same was true of the Vintage Pair collision at Mildenhall, which regrettably did not end so well, but did result in a disgusting surge forward of spectators, some of whom stopped and reconsidered when I called out "After some blood and guts, are you?". Perhaps a few of us view human life as more important than money or transitory fame.
nothing is confirmed at a show until its u/c hits the tarmac or it is running in for its display.....

Cole

Post by Cole »

FarnboroJohn wrote:
Mon 14 Feb 2022, 10:16 am
Cole wrote:
DerekF wrote:

Photographers have been photographing crashes since time immemorial, and they not only contribute to investigations but also make money, witness the chap who got £35,000 for his MiG 29 collision pictures at Fairford (it seemed only my brother and I lowered our cameras to look for chutes, everyone else got great pix of MiGs falling in showers of burning AVTUR: explanations on a postcard!) I also recall a sequence of a falling RAF Phantom with an unlatched radome from Aircraft Illustrated about a million years ago taken by a spotter at an airfield. I also once watched the entire hobby's personnel drift to the flight line at Duxford and prepare their cameras for an arriving Hurricane with an undercarriage problem. My survey is of course incomplete and mentions only events with happy outcomes.

When fortune puts you in the spot and someone waves notes, few will resist in the final analysis. Even fewer will have resisted the urge to document events.
There is one huge difference. photographing for the purpose of reccord keeping is tottally fine if something occurs infront of you as it is helpful in an investigation but in this case, he purposely drove to another base then livestreamed the incident to around 3000 people. Ive never heard someone be so exicted at the prostpect of an aircraft crashing as he was.
Canon 800D & Sigma 150-600 C
Dudley, West Midlands

Shows I'm Attending in 2020:

Well Um..

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Cole wrote:
Mon 14 Feb 2022, 1:35 pm
FarnboroJohn wrote:
Mon 14 Feb 2022, 10:16 am
Cole wrote:
DerekF wrote:

There is one huge difference. photographing for the purpose of reccord keeping is tottally fine if something occurs infront of you as it is helpful in an investigation but in this case, he purposely drove to another base then livestreamed the incident to around 3000 people. Ive never heard someone be so exicted at the prostpect of an aircraft crashing as he was.
I recognised earlier that his attitude wasn't great but I don't think he's as far off piste as some would like to think.

Gt5500

Post by Gt5500 »

With respect you've only got to consider the huge tailbacks on motorways caused by people slowing to look at accidents to realise that people like crashes, it's not right but it's just human nature.
As wrong as it sounds seeing something crash or explode is, to a lot of people, quite exciting, because how often will you get to see it? The fact people may have died is a secondary consideration in the heat of the moment.
Another good example is tornadoes, people travel from all across the globe to tornado alley to catch sight of a huge tornado and often are very excited whilst filming them despite the fact it could be killing people at that very moment.
And playing devils advocate, I'm sure if a live news crew had been in the area they'd have rushed to film it (the U2) and many people on here would probably have watched it.

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

Ken Shabby wrote:
Mon 14 Feb 2022, 10:14 am
DerekF wrote:
Mon 14 Feb 2022, 8:49 am
To be fair to the people at BJ TV Lies & Fakery, they do say that if anyone doesn’t like what they’re doing, they don’t have to read the page!
The morons on the hate page don't have to subscribe and watch Big Jet TV if they don't like it, yet they do!

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

He's at LHR today.

Over 200k viewers - the 'hate pagers' aren't going to be happy!

JohnH

Post by JohnH »

Hi All

Saw the big jet van in a field by Heathrow as I passed by this morning and thought I'd have a look when I arrived home. This is the first time I've seen this 'programme'. I have to say I had to shut it off after five minutes. The person's commentary is so unprofessional not to mention misinformed. Surely even as an amateur an effort should be made to set a certain standard and check facts before making comments. Especially if it is going out globally on the internet. This gives people the totally wrong idea about people within our hobby. It's a shame there's no way to control him and his output. I can't see me watching this again. All the other aviation sites I look at are much more professional (even for amateurs) and have a much higher standard.

Sorry for my moaning, but it was so bad I had to get this off my chest.

FlyingMachinesTV

Post by FlyingMachinesTV »

I think he's having a very good day today!

NAM Updater

Post by NAM Updater »

Surprised he's not 'rushed' off to film the DH Venom that's been blown off its plinth at Grove, Oxon; or the roof that's supposedly been ripped of the new hangar at Brize Norton, Oxon!
Howard Heeley - Newark Air Museum Trustee
Every museum visit counts!
http://newarkairmuseum.org

GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

Watched it for about an hour out of curiosity, and just laughed at his 'commentary and comments'.........its like amateur hour on one of these reality TV shows :laughing: but, he made one comment which surprised me, in that he said he was ex-BA cabin crew at one point...........?

That really would surprise me, as you'd expect a little more professionalism from him if so? :open_mouth:

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

NAM Updater wrote:
Fri 18 Feb 2022, 2:19 pm
or the roof that's supposedly been ripped of the new hangar at Brize Norton, Oxon!
I don't think there is much 'supposedly' about it - there are videos on Twitter showing it happening.

Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

FlyingMachinesTV wrote:
Fri 18 Feb 2022, 1:48 pm
I think he's having a very good day today!
BJTV has an excerpt from its Heathrow live-steam on the front page of the BBC News website. The hate group will be going onto meltdown about that, I’m sure.

And it means BJTV is now getting money from the TV Licence!
Ken

blackcat

Post by blackcat »

Have to say, I have had it on in the back ground at work and almost everyone at work has been watching it at some point . lol

Its actually been great viewing ,

Mark