Re-activation of 65th AS Aggressor Sqdn @ Nellis

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Re-activation of 65th AS Aggressor Sqdn @ Nellis

Post by jalfrezi »

News is that the 65th AS will re-activate with early build F-35A 'Panthers', and carry out an advanced 5th gen aggressor role from 2022.

https://www.nellis.af.mil/News/Article/1843738/air-force-to-reactivate-aggressor-squadron-for-f-35-training/

MiG_Eater

Re: Re-activation of 65th AS Aggressor Sqdn @ Nellis

Post by MiG_Eater »

Obvious question... but I wonder if they'll be painted up. If so they would be by far the most beautiful F-35s around.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

MiG_Eater wrote:Obvious question... but I wonder if they'll be painted up. If so they would be by far the most beautiful F-35s around.

However you painted them they'd still be a pig in lipstick. :sick:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

The Draken International lot at Nellis are getting the ex-Spanish Air Force Mirage F1s, which is rather more interesting than Aggressor Daves.

Still, if they do indeed paint them in some sort of Aggressor scheme (low-viz Aggressors, could be... interesting) then they will at least be slightly more photogenic than yer standard F-35.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

Skyflash wrote:The Draken International lot at Nellis are getting the ex-Spanish Air Force Mirage F1s, which is rather more interesting than Aggressor Daves.

Agreed, a trip back to Nellis may be in order once they become operational!

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

jalfrezi wrote:
Skyflash wrote:The Draken International lot at Nellis are getting the ex-Spanish Air Force Mirage F1s, which is rather more interesting than Aggressor Daves.

Agreed, a trip back to Nellis may be in order once they become operational!

I'll see you at the Racetrack again then! :grin:

With thanks to our Canadian friend Mr Fumbles for the info, I gather that the tiger-striped F1 is to retain its stripes owing to popular demand. So yes, definitely worth a visit back to the desert...
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

st24

Post by st24 »

And ATAC are getting the ex French ones so plenty of proper aeroplanes still to see...!
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

Sorry for thread drift - but are the Mirages supplementing the A-4s or replacing them?

Imagine a day's spotting at Nellis... B-1, F-16, F-22, F-35, A-10, A-4, Mirage F1..... wow!

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

747woody

Post by 747woody »

MiG_Eater wrote:Obvious question... but I wonder if they'll be painted up. If so they would be by far the most beautiful F-35s around.

Some of the 64th's F-16s are going the other way, several are now in the Have Glass scheme.