RIAT 2050 wish list

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
andygolfer

RIAT 2050 wish list

Post by andygolfer »

Well obviously (as it always happens) the wish list for the following year's RIAT always appears on departures Monday. I have resisted being the first up this morning to start it (you'll be relieved to hear) but I thought I'd do something a bit tongue in cheek and start a RIAT 2050 wish list, a look into the future and what we might see or want to see in 31 years time.

Here's my offers to start off the show, any additions will of course be most welcome....

USAF B.4 –stealth supersonic and invisible, so called because it’s been and gone BEFORE you see or hear it

Green Arrows aerobatic solar powered drone team

Vintage pair – F.22 & F.35

Debut of NATO’s new joint solar powered night fighter, ‘SPLAT’ (Solar Powered Light Attack Triplane) flown by a robot controlled by a Russian hacker

Pleasure flights in the international Lunar Express Automated Plane (LEAP) – around the moon and back in 30 minutes

Debut of Greenland’s first supersonic helicopter. Due to global warming Greenland will have a vast population and economic wealth only second to the USA where global warming still does not exist. (The Greenland riviera is attracting year round sun seeking tourism).

EU AF demonstration by the A.39X military version air refuelling system for the air force of the 5 European Union countries.

The USS Trump, America’s first amphibious aircraft carrier will be moored on the airfield throughout the show and will demonstate a mixture of United States naval power

Vulcan to the limit display team, XH558 returns to the skies for the first public display following it’s 4th return to flight restoration to keep the money rolling in

any more?
andy
Last edited by andygolfer on Mon 22 Jul 2019, 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
andygolfer

winner of Air-Britain photo competition 2019

Rossbeef

Re: RIAT 2050 wish list

Post by Rossbeef »

I assume all of these items would be on Saturday only?

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer »

Rossbeef wrote:I assume all of these items would be on Saturday only?

no - the green party will have banned flying at weekends by 2050 so the show will be on a Wednesday afternoon.

There will be no cars by then but a choice of 3 cycle routes in and a choice of either green or not so green cycle parks depending if you have one of the electrically assisted bikes. skateboarders will a separate dedicated entrance.
andygolfer

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Looking forward to seeing the B-52 and C-47 on static :up:

Rossbeef

Post by Rossbeef »

I'd like to see the Swedish Historic flight too, I think they are down for attending according to their website.

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

Rossbeef wrote:I'd like to see the Swedish Historic flight too, I think they are down for attending according to their website.

:lmao:

Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

RIAT 2050 will of course be remembered as the first RIAT not to feature any participation by the RAF following the decision of the UK defence contractor, Hueweeai, to send all its air and ground crew back to China.

The week leading up to the event had seen the UK finally leave the EU. This followed the decision by the Basque Republic the previous month to declare independence from the EU, leaving the UK as its sole remaining member. A 'No Deal' Brexit was voted through by the House of Commons largely on the basis that there was no one left to do a deal with.

Fears that Brexit would lead to a dramatic downturn in the economy, with some commentators predicting job losses of up to 26 million and a return to an economy based on bartering and chickens, led the Chinese company to make its decision. A Government spokesperson described the decision as "regrettable" but said we do at least have control of our country back now.
Ken

pbeardmore

Post by pbeardmore »

RIAT 2050 will be remembered as the first fully virtual RIAT (VRIAT), with customers paying for exclusive virtual content including all of the experiences that aviation buffs have come to love over the years including virtual traffic jams, virtual £20 burgers and virtual annoying kids pushing to the front of the virtual crowd line. Linked to this, it is was also the first carbon nuetral RIAT.
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

Probably, and they'll still be surrounding them with those damn blue cones with a kids merry go round in the background....... :wall: I couldn't resist taking this one...

ImageIMG_7302
...Rad shutters auto.

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

Great thread - Keith, your photo says it all!! :clap:

Andy :smile:

Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

keithjs wrote:

Probably, and they'll still be surrounding them with those damn blue cones with a kids merry go round in the background....... :wall: I couldn't resist taking this one...

ImageIMG_7302

If you wanted a decent photo of the carousel, all you had to do was walk round the other side of the MiG. I can't see what your problem was.
Ken

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

:lmao: :lmao: I know but then the sun would have been infront. I did think of asking the Romanians if they would move their Mig
but I think they were actually riding the carousel at the time because they don't get things like that at their airshows.... :heyhey:
Apparently at other airshows enthusiasts aren't looked on as an inconvenience so they don't need them......
...Rad shutters auto.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

I will be looking to hire a hover scooter as I will be 80. The static will all me made entirely up of holograms, including a German Mig-29 and a Singapore A-4! The admission price will be 0.0005 bitcoin, £250 in old money. The flying display will be mostly composed of drones as well as those old fashioned aircraft including the USAF heritage flight with the F-22 and the F-40 super stealth with cloaking technology that has been made pointless by the new Google anti cloaking app that integrates with Fligh Radar!

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

keithjs wrote::lmao: :lmao: I know but then the sun would have been infront. I did think of asking the Romanians if they would move their Mig
but I think they were actually riding the carousel at the time because they don't get things like that at their airshows.... :heyhey:
Apparently at other airshows enthusiasts aren't looked on as an inconvenience so they don't need them......

Quite. I was at the Graf Ignatievo open day last month and there wasn't a SINGLE thing not to do with the planes.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Two things can be guaranteed.....

The RJF will still be there.
RAFAT will still be flying the exact same display as they do now using superannuated aircraft.

:whistle:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

i didn't know Romania had AWACS Mig21's although it puzzles me why they paint the radome red!

Mind you it seems to upset the aircraft's balance so much they need a plastic cone underneath the pose to keep it propped up! :heyhey:
Got to love Russianhardware

centaurus18

Post by centaurus18 »

Chinook Mk.21 RAF display demo.
Mark
'We’re in the stickiest situation, since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.'

starbuck

Post by starbuck »

andygolfer wrote:Vintage pair – F.22 & F.35
andy

If they are any of ours they will be scrubbed from attending as they will be due to commence deck landing trials on the QE!

CJS

Post by CJS »

As long as the bloody Blades aren't there...

I'll tell you what won't display - a NATO E-3.

I mean, it'll be on the list and everything of course, but...

Oh and BC - you're right, but they'll still be better than the Frecce :wink:
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

DanH

Post by DanH »

Due to global warming and the melting of the polar ice caps, RIAT 2050 will be a seaside show. George Bacon will still be constantly reminding us to check out the Techno Zone, even though it's a bit wet now.
Always seeking to lower the tone...

https://danhphotography.picfair.com/

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

By then it will be a massive Funfair, chocked full of Tat-stalls & Botulism Vendors. The Techno Zone will be in a waterproof Klip-Lok box (coz it's that Nano plus the weather is Crap!) & there will be some occasional aircraft flying over Cheltenham. ( coz the CAA/MAA don't want anybody that bought a ticket getting hurt, but bo****ks to those living opposite who stoooopidly live in the Secondary Crowd area. :facepalm: ) Hopefully by then they will have Anti-radical Fingerprint/Retinal scan devices plus sideways X-ray to speed-up the Entry-points & reduce waiting times to below that of the NHS?
Oh ! My mistake, I thought the Topic title said 2020 not 2050! :whistle:

frank

Post by frank »

HeyfordDave111 wrote:i didn't know Romania had AWACS Mig21's although it puzzles me why they paint the radome red!

Mind you it seems to upset the aircraft's balance so much they need a plastic cone underneath the pose to keep it propped up! :heyhey:

Interesting to see that the radome is tied on to the fuselage with what looks like the same garden twine as I use to hold up my tomato plants.

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer »

DanH wrote:Due to global warming and the melting of the polar ice caps, RIAT 2050 will be a seaside show. George Bacon will still be constantly reminding us to check out the Techno Zone, even though it's a bit wet now.

So my USS Trump won't need to be amphibious after all then :lol:

thanks for all the contributions
andy
andygolfer