Two low flying kjets over Hampshire

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts
SEMAE

Two low flying kjets over Hampshire

Post by SEMAE »

Hi

At about 12.30ish I heard two very low flying jets pass over my house just secconds apart. They would have passed by Farnborough/Aldershot/Farnham area in Hampshire a few seconds before with both heading straight south. I did not have time to get out of the house to take a look. No afterburner noise.

It is very unusual to have low flying jets around hear and the nearest RAF base is Odiham which based helicopters.

They did not appear on ADSB

Anyone know what they were? Sounded that they could have been Hawks T2, or maybe a couple of the Red Arrows T1s but they could have been anything.

EDIT 13.01 Okay so at about 12.58, 8 Red Arows T1a flew south just west of my house near Bordon so I am assuming the other two aircraft I heard earlier may have been 2 of their other spare aircraft.

EDIT - 13.06. Okay 7 or 8 are still in the area, this time heading roughly north west, just west of my house and near Bordon in Hampshire.

Many thanks

Martin Eames
Last edited by SEMAE on Thu 23 Jun 2022, 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cg_341

Re: Two low flying kjets over Hampshire

Post by cg_341 »

Red Arrows are based at Farnborough for Goodwood, they've just displayed there according to the live stream.

SEMAE

Re: Two low flying kjets over Hampshire

Post by SEMAE »

cg_341 wrote:
Thu 23 Jun 2022, 12:03 pm
Red Arrows are based at Farnborough for Goodwood, they've just displayed there according to the live stream.
Many thanks!