Roco

Rhyl 2022

Post by Roco »

27 and 28 August 2022.

Please post any updates here.

simonp

Re: Rhyl 2022

Post by simonp »

I moved to North Wales a couple of years ago so this is my local show. Is it any good?! Keen to see the Red Arrow who are there both days. Any comments/tips hugely appreciated.

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

simonp wrote:
Sun 24 Jul 2022, 1:28 pm
Is it any good? Any comments/tips hugely appreciated.
Its quite difficult to generalise with Rhyl. I've been to most of them (I think they began in 2009), some have been decent little airshows and others have been less than exciting.

The geography is good for an airshow in that its a straight coast, and therefore a straight display line. The years when the tide has been out have made for a more relaxing day out with the beach available to spread the crowd from the prom, which can get quite crowded if the tide is in. The flying display itself is well run with acts following each other neatly, but they have a habit of splitting the display into two halves with a gap of an hour or more in the middle.

Parking has always been easy - either in the underground car park on the prom, or along marine drive there has been event parking on the grass area.

The items I've read as confirmed for this year are the Red Arrows, Typhoon, Tutor, BBMF (with Lanc) and Calidus Autogyro. All both days. Hopefully a bit more to come, but maybe that's wishful thinking.

Its not too far from me, but I'll probably need a bit more to tempt me to visit this year. That said, us enthusiasts aren't really the target audience for this one. I've set aside the Saturday just in case.

ericbee123

Post by ericbee123 »

Sat 27th

High tide is 11:52ish
Low tide is 18:12ish

Sun 28th

High tide is 12:22ish
Low tide is 18:43ish
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.

simonp

Post by simonp »

Thanks both. Really useful. I'm just the other side of Caernarfon so not a big drive for me either. Will keep an eye on the weather. Would be good to see the Reds for the first time in a couple of years.

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

The schedule for the weekend is here

https://denbighshireleisure.co.uk/RhylAirShow/

Steve Carver in his Extra 300 and the L-39 from Blackpool are additions, Sunday only for the latter.