Chipmunk 75th Anniversary Fly In - OW 22 May 2021

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
vintage ATCO

Chipmunk 75th Anniversary Fly In - OW 22 May 2021

Post by vintage ATCO »

I appreciate this is a long way off but it was important to get the date fixed in various diaries.

Following on from the success of the 70th Anniversary Fly In in 2016 we propose to hold a 75th First Flight Anniversary of the DH Chipmunk at Old Warden on Saturday 22 May 2021.

Not much information to give out at present; we have a website chipmunk75th.com and you can follow us on Twitter @chipmunk75th. I will post significant updates here too.

Already eight pilots/owners have indicated their intention to come.
vA
stevelevien.com

Mike

Re: Chipmunk 75th Anniversary Fly In - OW 22 May 2021

Post by Mike »

A shame that it clashes with La Ferté. Quite a number of us will have to give this one a miss. :sad:

Not a criticism, I know that it's on the actual anniversary date itself.

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

Having thoroughly enjoyed the 70th Anniversary Fly In, I'm certainly looking forward to this one :up:

Andy :biggrin:

vintage ATCO

Post by vintage ATCO »

We are still planning for this event to go ahead on 22 May 2021 and the recent Government announcements have made us feel more optimistic. 43 Chipmunks are currently booked to attend but much will depend on what restrictions are in force at the time, particular for visitors from overseas.

Note that unlike the 70th anniversary there will be a charge for visitors by surface transport of £15 per adult which is the current entry charge to the Park and Gardens. Children and SVAS members are free. You may return as many times as you wish in the following 30 days. The hangars are currently closed but it is hoped by May they will be available again to visitors.

There may well be a new access road by then too.

For details of this and other matters please go here
www.chipmunk75th.com/fly-in-details/

mail to chipmunk75th dot com
vA
stevelevien.com

Ledhead27
UKAR Staff

Post by Ledhead27 »

Keeping everything crossed that the event goes ahead! Had a great time at the 70th anniversary event in 2016, even though I probably caused chaos for Steve in my little PA-28 🤣
"FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, DroneMan Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes

Dwadwood

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

I'm guessing it will also depend very much on where folks are able to go once the Chippies are parked up?

Won't be too much fun having to stay in a restricted parking place for example for a fly in. let's hope its all a bit easier by then.
"The surrogate voice of st24"

vintage ATCO

Post by vintage ATCO »

We anticipate that people will be free to walk about in the public areas providing they comply with whatever social distance guidelines are in force at the time. We hope that the hangars will be open and available to visit by then.

There will be no 'Happy Hour' airside access.

I have made a slight change to the 'fly-in details' here www.chipmunk75th.com/fly-in-details, fourth paragraph down, to clarify the situation over tickets for people arriving by surface transport.

mail to chipmunk75th dot com
vA
stevelevien.com