Wellesbourne Wings & Wheels 2012

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
jwarnerxh558

Wellesbourne Wings & Wheels 2012

Post by jwarnerxh558 »

the date for this years wing and wheels has ben set for Sunday June 17th, here is the link to their site....

http://www.xm655.com/taxiruns.php

i dont think its been updated yet but should be soon.

If anyone is interested in bringing along vintage vehicles please call Avril Magill on: 07804686222

Thanks Jonathan

Maisie

Re: Wellesbourne Wings & Wheels 2012

Post by Maisie »

I missed this last year, I moved into my flat in Stratford on the same day! Will definatley be there this year.
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

jwarnerxh558

Post by jwarnerxh558 »

does anyone know if there are any flying displays for this year confirmed? the website hasnt been updated?

Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

We went on Sunday . Due to the weather, we got there at 2pm literally just in time to see the Vulcan taxi up the runway , then slowly taxi back down it.
That was it. Not even a 2nd run. So was dissapointed with that to be honest. Expected at least more than a one run.

There were about 20 cars there max - some not very old.

There was a flyover by a Meteor (or similar) , but that didnt happen till 5pm , when I gues smost had gone home.

Bit dissapointed to be honest.

jwarnerxh558

Post by jwarnerxh558 »

Mr Benn wrote:We went on Sunday . Due to the weather, we got there at 2pm literally just in time to see the Vulcan taxi up the runway , then slowly taxi back down it.
That was it. Not even a 2nd run. So was dissapointed with that to be honest. Expected at least more than a one run.

There were about 20 cars there max - some not very old.

There was a flyover by a Meteor (or similar) , but that didnt happen till 5pm , when I gues smost had gone home.

Bit dissapointed to be honest.

you got there and there had already been a run then. they cant do much more than one taxi as it probably costs too much and the main aim of the day is to raise funds so that she can still move under her own power.
everything they get there i think is is free i.e. pilots going that direction to somewhere else. i don't know if you saw, there was an Anson on the ground as well as quite a few private light aircraft like chipmunks ect. the Aerostars flew over in the morning for free as they were going that way to Cosford, the meteor and vampire were meant to be around 14:30 but due to circumstances at Cosford they were put back to late in the day but still managed to turn up, and there was also a visit form the Hanger 11 P-40 so really and there was quite a decent line up of classic cars, for £5 it was a pretty good day, and comments like "dissapointed!" are a bit of a kick in the face to the volunteers who put in hours upon hours of work to make the day what it was.
anyway.... rant over
if you want to see some more pics, check out my flickr page..... http://www.flickr.com/photos/54998417@N02/

Rgds Jonathan

Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Hi Jonathan. I was just saying it as I saw it , and many others around me commented the same.
We were aware of the earlier taxi, but to wait 2.5 hours with a child for the next taxi wouldve been too long.
It was our fault we only got there at 13:59 , werent even goign to go as the heavens had opened in STratford about 40 mins beforehand.

It was good to be able to walk underneath the Vulcan and realise the full size of it, and see how small the cockpit is.

And yes, I did expect it to do summersaults , with me flying it :heyhey: