Realistic Waddo wishlist

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
andrewman

Realistic Waddo wishlist

Post by andrewman »

Just wondering what people are hoping to see at Waddo next year on a realistic basis, for me it would be.

Sweedish historic flight, hopefully the Draken and Lansen will come with the Viggen next time
Solo Turk F-16 - easily the best F-16 display around
Canberra from Kemble
Vulcan - hopefully with a more noisy display
An F-18 in the flying display
2004 bathroom window photographer of the year

my facebook

https://twitter.com/Andrewsteer84 My Twitter

Rule 27

Re: Realistic Waddo wishlist

Post by Rule 27 »

:snack:

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

:wall: :grin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Lots of time to go until the show but i'm hoping it will be the official Red Arrows 50th Anniversary display, so with that in mind...

A US team of some description
Slovak MIG-29
Austrian Typhoon demo and C-130 intercept
Swedish Draken & Lansen
Something unique with the Red Arrows that is more than just a flypast with a.n.other aircraft. Maybe a flyby with the Black Arrows Hunter, Blue Diamonds Hunter and the Yellowjack and Reds schemed Folland Gnats?

JJC

Post by JJC »

Chris G wrote:Lots of time to go until the show but i'm hoping it will be the official Red Arrows 50th Anniversary display, so with that in mind...

A US team of some description
Slovak MIG-29
Austrian Typhoon demo and C-130 intercept
Swedish Draken & Lansen

Something unique with the Red Arrows that is more than just a flypast with a.n.other aircraft. Maybe a flyby with the Black Arrows Hunter, Blue Diamonds Hunter and the Yellowjack and Reds schemed Folland Gnats?

How're they related to the Red's 50th exactly?
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

craig.mason

Post by craig.mason »

I should think there will be some type of ww1 flying display to mark the anniversary

The 2014 Air Show will focus on the following themes: Commemoration of the onset of the First World War, 65th Anniversary of NATO, 70th Anniversary of D Day and the 50th Display Season of the Red Arrows. The spectacular 7-hour flying display will feature the Red Arrows, the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, the RAF Falcons freefall parachute team and many more military and civilian aircraft from the UK and around the world.
Canon 550D
EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM

Ledhead27
UKAR Staff
Location: Inverness (and occasionally 20,000ft - if the aircraft can make it that high)

Post by Ledhead27 »

I'd expect to see the Great War Display Team for the WW1 commeration.
"PostMan, FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes

hmeasures

Post by hmeasures »

A WW1 display will just be lost amongst such a big display line, surely?

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

Last edited by davidjones533 on Sat 21 Jul 2018, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adamp89

Post by adamp89 »

davidjones533 wrote:Airseeker on static please!

you mean rivet joint, the RAF program to procure them was called airseeker.... hope we wan get some rare NATO nations military aircraft for the NATO anniversary
Adam

BossMann

Post by BossMann »

I was hoping that Waddo would be the RAF Red Arrows big birthday bash but it seems RIAT may have taken this from Waddo which is a shame for the Reds ' home show '.

Anyway I would like to see a gathering of international Aerobatic teams to celebrate the Reds birthday with a 'teams of teams' fly past like at Payerne in 2004. the Reds are currently in the Middle East and went to Moscow in 2012 so anything from the Middle East/ Russia would be great.

Foreign fast jets - Turkish/dutch/belgian F16s, swiss/ finnish F18, Polish su22s, Mig 29 (Slovakia/Poland), rafale/ ramex delta, Gripen (Czech / Hungarian ), typhoon (Austrian role demo)

Anything else from overseas

An RAF 'role demo' of some sort - like the Navy do at Culdrose

The RC135 join the station fly past and possibly display

I think that the French have decided to have a meeting de l'air on the same weekend as Waddo so I don't know how much this will adversely affect waddos international participation

Anyway - good luck SilentFlight and team for 2014

adamp89

Post by adamp89 »

BossMann wrote:An RAF 'role demo' of some sort - like the Navy do at Culdrose

go big like they used to do ('05/'06 role demos:- aggressors, fast jets helos etc...)
Adam

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

adamp89

A big role demo would be good but can't see it happening. With the TGRF down to 3 frontline squadrons and an OCU next year, covering the final year of Op Herrick and 904 EAW.. deployments I doubt we will see a Tornado demo in any form again :sad: I hope I'm wrong though.

Not sure how realistic this is but with the prospect of Exercise Indradhanush happening again next year, how about some India stuff. If the exercise happens anf it coincides with the airshow :grin:
Gary

BossMann

Post by BossMann »

Agree!

Nearly forgot about Exercise Indradhanush.

Would be awesome to get some of the Indian aircraft in the air for some flypasts at least ( I think the Su30s and IL76s did some at Waddo when they were last here) if not displays or role demos plus aircraft in the static.

However, it would be even better if SilentFlight and Team could fly across the demo pilot for the Indian Su30 that displayed at Aero India so we can get a full display of Su30 trust vectoring!

If the Su30 can even give a role demo type display it would be awesome at Waddo! ( rather than at RIAT that it did last time I believe).

Does anyone know what aircraft the Indians are planning to send? I also believe that the the Indian SuryaKiran team should be reforming on the Hawk 100 soon - would be great to have them at Waddo in the Reds 50th anniversary year ( as unlikely as it is )

adamp89

Post by adamp89 »

BossMann wrote:Would be awesome to get some of the Indian aircraft in the air for some flypasts at least ( I think the Su30s and IL76s did some at Waddo when they were last here) if not displays or role demos plus aircraft in the static.

all they did was leave on the Sunday... maybe a fly past afterwards that was all, no displays.

what about a typhoon playing with a sukhoi???
Adam

SilentFlight

Post by SilentFlight »

At present the latest was the exercise had been put on hold!

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 »

You chaps and chapeses at Waddo really have to try and get the Austrian Typhoon/ Herc Demo, from what I saw at Leuchars - Amazing.......

Luke28

Post by Luke28 »

Slovak Mig-29
Austrian Typhoon
Polish Su-22 pair
Ukranian Su-27

I'd be chuffed if Waddington was allocated any of those.

strangelookingalien

Post by strangelookingalien »

Luke28 wrote:Slovak Mig-29
Austrian Typhoon
Polish Su-22 pair
Ukranian Su-27

I'd be chuffed if Waddington was allocated any of those.

Me too!

BossMann

Post by BossMann »

Me three.

Plus don't forget Ramex Delta!

Also SilentFlight - the RIAT website says that they are holding the official celebrations for the Reds 50th anniversary.

Is that true? If so I can believe the RAF would choose RIAT over their OWN premier event.

SilentFlight

Post by SilentFlight »

BossMann wrote:Me three.

Also SilentFlight - the RIAT website says that they are holding the official celebrations for the Reds 50th anniversary.

Is that true? If so I can believe the RAF would choose RIAT over their OWN premier event.

They are, but so are we. The Reds have selected both Waddington and RIAT to hold their anniversary celebrations. RIAT being the base where they were formed and Waddington being their home show. We have been in discussion for some time!

st24

Post by st24 »

SilentFlight wrote:

They are, but so are we. The Reds have selected both Waddington and RIAT to hold their anniversary celebrations. RIAT being the base where they were formed and Waddington being their home show. We have been in discussion for some time!

So two air display team fests?! Great! :sleepy:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

strangelookingalien

Post by strangelookingalien »

st24 wrote:
SilentFlight wrote:

So two air display team fests?! Great! :sleepy:

If there was ever an excuse to get some really tasty foreign participation, this is it.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

BossMann wrote:Plus don't forget Ramex Delta!

You probably can forget Ramex Delta, Rafale and PdeF as Nancy is holding a two day event the same weekend! :wave:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

adamp89

Post by adamp89 »

can we get some eastern European/ Russian aircraft this year?
Adam