Prestwick/Ayr airshow.

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
davidoFI

Re: Prestwick/Ayr airshow.

Post by davidoFI »

Chinook display dates have been updated on the website and Scottish Airshow is showing. :yahoo:

Commando

Post by Commando »

davidoFI wrote:Chinook display dates have been updated on the website and Scottish Airshow is showing. :yahoo:

Yaas :yahoo:

Alanko

Post by Alanko »

The Facebook fan page is suggesting that the 'Chinese addition' is going to be a Nanchung. That would be nice as, with the Chinook, it begins to look like the East Fortune and Ayr airshows are diverging nicely in terms of line-up, and I can justify heading to both.

CalumG

Post by CalumG »

Nice! Lets hope they spell it correctly when it is announced! (It is Nanchang not Nanchung!) :facepalm:

Also, some more aircraft are due to be announced at lunchtime today according to the Facebook and twitter pages. Teasers on the facebook page show it could be the Nanchangs and possibly a Beech 18. :smile:

CalumG

Post by CalumG »

Beech 18 and Nanchang CJ-6A duo added to the flying! :clap:

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

Bet we'll get a skip (F35) at last! :whistle:
Card carrying aviation addict!

Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

Their twitter this morning heralding more announcements on the line-up features a picture of a Boeing Stratocruiser.

Which would be impressive.

portagee01

Post by portagee01 »

Boeing and Strato are the obvious parts, given KC135 Stratotankers aren't exactly strangers to Prestwick, co-ordinating one of those for a flyby wouldn't be beyond possibilities ... of course the other Boeing Strato is the B52, getting a fly by from one of those would I'd have thought be more difficult.

Commando

Post by Commando »

portagee01 wrote:Boeing and Strato are the obvious parts, given KC135 Stratotankers aren't exactly strangers to Prestwick, co-ordinating one of those for a flyby wouldn't be beyond possibilities ... of course the other Boeing Strato is the B-52, getting a fly by from one of those would I'd have thought be more difficult.

Good thinking Mildenhall could send one up,Typhoon opening up the show

davidoFI

Post by davidoFI »

B52 and B1 deployment at Fairford late August/early September, still a possibility...

Commando

Post by Commando »

I thought there was an announcement today

dconnery1966

Post by dconnery1966 »

The only announcement is the Lancaster appearing according to there Facebook page :up:

Dougie :biggrin:

Commando

Post by Commando »

dconnery1966 wrote:The only announcement is the Lancaster appearing according to there Facebook page :up:

That was it then,no idea why there was a pic of a Strat on very misleading

Alanko

Post by Alanko »

Stratotanker would be an impressive 'score'. Possibly the only time the BBMF Lanc will make it North of the border as well, so definitely going to be going.

For me, the Stratotanker inclusion would show that the Prestwick/Ayr display has reached a certain maturity. I follow the PIK spotters page on Facebook, and they get all sorts of UK and US military aircraft coming through. This role of PIK is typically downplayed in the media and elsewhere, so it would be nice to get a bit more of 'here's what we do' on display, rather than purely a whimsical airshow as per the last two years. Other than the Bulldog last year, there wasn't a lot of PIK tie-ins in terms of the display aircraft. An insignificant gripe.

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

davidoFI wrote:B-52 and B1 deployment at Fairford late August/early September, still a possibility...

Wishful thinking, but good call none the less! :up: Certainly would love to see another B52 cruise by, and the B1 will definitely be a tick off the list! Would love to see the "Batwing" (B2) if they had one to spare? :rock: :biggrin: However, all in all, a stunning line up! :clap:
Card carrying aviation addict!

CalumG

Post by CalumG »

That recent update was a bit anti-climatic. Yes, we get the Lanc but I was hoping for something different.

Still, I hope they get a flypast (or two) by a B-52 or preferably a B1! :win:

Commando

Post by Commando »

The CJ6 that's coming was in Prestwick other day

Alanko

Post by Alanko »

I follow the PIK group on Facebook and I think the CJ6 has visited a couple of times over the last few months? They had a Texan at some point as well.

Commando

Post by Commando »

Alanko wrote:I follow the PIK group on Facebook and I think the CJ6 has visited a couple of times over the last few months? They had a Texan at some point as well.

So do I and I used to be yahoo group moderator,CJ6 G-BVVG has been a few times the Texan came from the US,Chinook confirmed for the airshow

dconnery1966

Post by dconnery1966 »

That is excellent news with the Chinook :biggrin:

CalumG

Post by CalumG »

Yes, excellent news about the Chinook :yahoo:

Alanko

Post by Alanko »

Commando wrote:So do I and I used to be yahoo group moderator...

Is that ScotAvNet? I'm signed up for that, but mostly it fills a random folder in my emails that I clear out at the end of the day. :yahoo:

I thought their coverage of East Fortune was a bit off-kilter; more about what was staying over at EDI than what was displaying. On the other hand if somebody flies a microlight in the vicinity of Scone then I'm treated to everything shy of what the pilot had for breakfast the previous morning. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Commando

Post by Commando »

No it was PAMG,don't have anytime for Scotavnet left that years ago

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 »

Are we likely to see a Sikorsky S.92 at the Airshow? Even for a quick Flypast...........?

portagee01

Post by portagee01 »

Unknown74 wrote:Are we likely to see a Sikorsky S.92 at the Airshow? Even for a quick Flypast...........?

It would be nice of them to show face, but the chances are, it would have be on a shout and absolutely has to cut the display box, They'll have their departure and arrival routes well sorted to stay out of the way.