Damyns Hall air display element - CANCELLED

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
Exiler

Damyns Hall air display element - CANCELLED

Post by Exiler »

Another one gone then... Statement below posted on the Facebook page a little while ago.

ESSEX HMVA STATEMENT
It is with deep regret that the Essex Historic Military Vehicle Association, organisers of the Military & Flying Machines Show, announce that they have been forced to cancel the Air Display element at this year’s event, due to the new requirements that the Civil Aviation Authority have put in place as a consequence of the tragic events at the Shoreham Air Show last year. The show organisers and our partner agencies have considered the new requirements in detail and whilst possible to comply with the new regulations, the responsibilities and liability risks placed on the organisers personally, combined with the time required to arrange closures and approvals has resulted in substantial cost increases, which as a charity, the Essex HMVA cannot absorb, We are continuing to work with interested parties to see if we can plan attendance for aircraft static displays.
Despite this setback, the show organisers continue to work tirelessly to make this the best show ever, and are working on a number of ideas that will make the 2016 show a truly memorable event. Please check our website for further updates.
We look forward to welcoming you to the 2016 Military & Flying Machines 10th Anniversary show, 6-7th August, 2016, at Damyns Hall Aerodrome, Aveley, Upminster, Essex.
For the full statement text please visit our website:
http://militaryandflyingmachines.org.uk ... egret.html

FGR2

Re: Damyns Hall air display element - CANCELLED

Post by FGR2 »

That's a shame, I must admit I didn't go last year as the displays had all become a bit samey each year.

Military Vehicles don't interest me, so that is now one off my list for this year.

It certainly is becoming a grim year for airshows :(