Victory Show 2018

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
hmeasures

Re: Victory Show 2018

Post by hmeasures »

Cracking show. I was set up at the northern end of the crowdline where it bent around the aircraft parking, close, fast topsides all day long. Really interesting formations, too. Glad it worked out well for the show!

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

hmeasures wrote:Cracking show. I was set up at the northern end of the crowdline where it bent around the aircraft parking, close, fast topsides all day long. Really interesting formations, too. Glad it worked out well for the show!

Would 300mm on a crop body suffice? Really unsure what to do tomorrow. There's a good four or five warbirds that I've not yet seen/seen since their repaints, but it's almost twice as far as Shuttleworth.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

F575

Post by F575 »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:Would 300mm on a crop body suffice? Really unsure what to do tomorrow. There's a good four or five warbirds that I've not yet seen/seen since their repaints, but it's almost twice as far as Shuttleworth.

Flying display is almost an hour and a half, though tomorrow you've got Sally B involved too so it might be a bit longer. I was towards the battlefield end of the site and using a 100-400 on a Canon 60D.

That's just a quick, rough upload and isn't cropped or edited at all. If you where at the other end of the runway you'd get closer shots than that as well. Hope that helps a bit!

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

OK. 90 minutes flying probably decides that I'll stick with what I know at Shuttleworth. Shame it's not a bit closer and doesn't clash.

Thanks for the help. :up:
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

F575

Post by F575 »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:OK. 90 minutes flying probably decides that I'll stick with what I know at Shuttleworth. Shame it's not a bit closer and doesn't clash.

No worries. There's also the Dakota doing the WW2 style parachute drops just before the main battle re-enactment starts, but yeah, the main airshow is about 90 minutes or so (2:45-4:15 or so today). Now they've got the flying display back, I dare say next year's show might be a bit longer.

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:OK. 90 minutes flying probably decides that I'll stick with what I know at Shuttleworth. Shame it's not a bit closer and doesn't clash.

Lot of other photo opportunities of the battle and the ground displays,
If you have not done this show before and with your creative photo eye, this is worth a visit Dan.

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

Just back from todays show and have to say the display axis is very good indeed, shuttleworth style kinked dog leg,
Giving tops sides on most passes. Brilliant. A really good well organised flying display.
Best ive seen for a few years here.
Last edited by vulcan558 on Sun 02 Sep 2018, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sebcoe

Post by sebcoe »

Great afternoon at Cosby. A short display as the flying is secondary to the main event but high quality. Multiple top sides from all participants, clean taxy, take off and landing shots... what’s not to like!!

BrawlerO

Post by BrawlerO »

Good news! I’ll maybe give it a go next year.

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »