Please see here for details of an upcoming talk related to May AACS;-

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=83378
Abingdon Air & Country Show
www.abingdonairandcountry.co.uk

Oxfordshire Aviation Group

MarkEstus

Re: Abingdon air and Country show 2019 - 5th may

Post by MarkEstus »

Things have been quiet.. not long to go now so i guess thats all the flying confirmed?
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/332375753559900/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oldtower

Post by Oldtower »

Here we go, taken from our Facebook showpage:

Admission prices are to stay as at the 2018 pricing as follows:
Adult: Advance £15, on the day £20
Seniors (over 60+): Advance £10, on the day £15
Child 5-15: Advance £5, on the day £5
Under 5s Free
(Advance ticketing company being decided upon).
Free Car Parking
Online tickets can now be purchased.

Dogs are welcome but on a lead.
Military personnel: The serving person aswell as a partner / children will get advance rate only.
Coach parties: Advance rate applies.
Disabled person with Carer: Carer gets in free, disabled person advance rate.

Ground attractions includes:
World War One & World War Two Re-enactors
HawkWalk Falconry with other bird species.
The Rockets Childrens Motorcycle Display Team
Ex Military Vehicles
Classic Vehicles / Commercials and Motorcycles
Axceler-8 Hovercraft Rides
Radio Days Big Band
The Mangledwurzels
Cornucopia clog dancing
Abingdon Morris Dancers
Wallingford Dog Agility Team
Classic Jets Radio Controlled Models
Amusements of all kinds.
ROKit Williams Formula One Team static showcar
Abingdon Traditional Morris Dancers
Mr Chris 'Punch & Judy'
Abingdon Concert Band
Hot Air Balloons (tethered weather permitting).
Farms2Ewe mobile farm
Husky Dogs
Ferret Racing

Flying Display (& Static viewing too):
Fairchild Argus
Beech 18
Muscle Pitts (with a repeat car race as in 2018)
P47 Thunderbolt
Silence Twister
Yakolev Yak 3
Gazelle helicopter pair
Wing Walkers x2 / or x3
NA Yale (Harvard predecessor)
SF260 Marchetti
Extra 300 'little & large' duo
P51 Mustang 'Miss Helen'
Aerosparx team (Grob 109)
HAAF Team - Beaver, Auster, Sioux, Scout.
RAF Memorial Flight Spitfire (Flypasts)
RAF Tucano (No. 72 Squadron).
RAF Tanker / Transport type flypast tbc.
The Renegades Parachute Display Team (AN-2 Support aircraft).

50+ General Aircraft Fly Into the event for static display including the return of an RAF C130 Hercules following its 2018 appearance, Sud Allouette II & Westland Wasp, x2 Chipmunks, Bulldog, Boeing Stearman, x2 Auster, Sprit 912 Biplane, x2 Beagle Terrier, C172, Hawker Hurricane Mk1, Kolt Twinstar, Vagabond,Spitfire Mk26b, x2 Yak 52, CJ6 Nangchang, Miles M3A Falcon, DeHavilland Hornet Moth, Focke Wolf FW149, Piper L4 Cub, Spitfire or another P51 Mustang, Civilian Coupe, and DH90 Dragonfly..amongst other types.

Adventure 001 will provide Pleasure Flights in a JetRanger helicopter

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

Quite a line up this year, nice! :clap:

D1Scafellpike

Post by D1Scafellpike »

My usual annual question...any info re arrivals and or rehearsals on Friday and Saturday please ?

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

RAF Tucano(s?) arrived this afternoon, ZF287 being one of them.

MarkEstus

Post by MarkEstus »

Just the one Tucano i think ?
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/332375753559900/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

Could well be actually. :up:

RAF Hercules "ZH888" arrived this afternoon also.

phantom_phixer

Post by phantom_phixer »

Good afternoon all,

as this will be my first time there, anyone got any suggestions as far as good spots are concerned? Anything I should know beforehand?

Many thanks in advance.
Kostas
my pictures on Airfighters

UKAirshowTour

Post by UKAirshowTour »

phantom_phixer wrote:Good afternoon all,

as this will be my first time there, anyone got any suggestions as far as good spots are concerned? Anything I should know beforehand?

Many thanks in advance.

The shows pretty good viewing all over the ground.dont rush off at the end as the aircraft usually depart and then the viewing is excellent as a lot of the families and stuff go home leaving us to see them all leaving

mindy_monster

Post by mindy_monster »

Looking forward to the show tomorrow, attending my first nightshoot this evening, so if anyone else is there and wants to say hello, please do!

phantom_phixer

Post by phantom_phixer »

UKAirshowTour wrote:
The shows pretty good viewing all over the ground.dont rush off at the end as the aircraft usually depart and then the viewing is excellent as a lot of the families and stuff go home leaving us to see them all leaving

Thanks for the reply.

I look forward to tonight's photoshoot! My first since Northolt, 10 years ago :shock:

If anyone wants to say 'hi' I'll be the one with the H160 hi viz vest :biggrin:
Kostas
my pictures on Airfighters

BrawlerO

Post by BrawlerO »

Well done to Neil and team on another good family show. :clap. Unfortunately Neil confirmed that this show would be the last in the current flying display format which didn’t come as a great surprise given the pressures on shows post-Shoreham. Thanks for the 20 years of hard work though.

In and out without any issues. A nice mix of acts and good commentary from Ben Dunnell. The excitement of the kids around me gives me some hope for our hobby in the future.

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

BrawlerO wrote:Well done to Neil and team on another good family show. :clap. Unfortunately Neil confirmed that this show would be the last in the current flying display format which didn’t come as a great surprise given the pressures on shows post-Shoreham. Thanks for the 20 years of hard work though.

In and out without any issues. A nice mix of acts and good commentary from Ben Dunnell. The excitement of the kids around me gives me some hope for our hobby in the future.

Yes indeed, agree with the above and nice to see so many warbirds attending. :clap: I think I've only missed 2 at the most in those 20 years and it'll be a shame to see it disappear in it's current format. Lets hope it continues in some way or another for the sake of the local charities. Do we know what format yet? Maybe just a 'fly in' which could attract some nice participants anyway? All the best for the future whatever you decide... :clap:
...Rad shutters auto.

197cup

Post by 197cup »

Fantastic show today what a great way to kick off the airshow season, highlight for me was the P47 Thunderbolt which put on a graceful but powerful display. Also great to see the Tucano back on the show circuit and to get so close to the C-130 starting up at the end of the show.
Congratulations to the team for putting on a great show, I’m hearing change is on the horizon but hoping for more of the same next year.

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

Fantastic start to the season today, excellent flying start to finish! :clap:

As said above, P-47 was the highlight- stunning.

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

Press Release: The 20th Air & Country Show took place at Abingdon Airfield / Dalton Barracks with various attractions and a friendly crowd. However, this was the last one which incorporated a Flying Display.
Unfortunetly, it's a combination of constantly increasing costs of running the event including the road closures that cost extra, regulations becoming ever tighter to comply with since the Shoreham accident, the £50 million pound Public Liability Insurance requirement for civilian air displays to display over MOD land which Abingdon / Dalton Barracks are, and increasing stress / time trying to keep the show on the rails - two days prior to the show I had to complete the Military Aviation Authority (our regulators) audit for example!!!
So, to preserve the show and keep it running for the next 10 years or more for the community, I am just eradicating the flying displays to cut the costs associated with that by half.
However - the new format will see the Country Show element expanded which means Tanks Rides will be aback on the course for example, but the aircraft that Fly In for the day will be increased to well over 100 types, possibly as many as 150 aircraft through the day to land, be seen up close and depart, both general aviation,classic and modern military.

Also, Pleasure Flights will be increased to include World War Two types for a back seat ride in, Hot Air Balloons, Flypasts, and possibly a small helicopter show.
So, the end result is much more movements of different types during the day.

Finally, those that can remember the show being on the other side (west side) which was much better for photography - well i am looking at putting it back over there!
So, thank you all for the last 20 years,and here is to the next 10 years or more in a new more affordable format.
Neil Porter - Event Organiser

Posted this evening.

Mike Dodd

Post by Mike Dodd »

Well done Neil and team for the last 20 years ! A great day at the show yesterday, lovely mix of display items my son and I had an enjoyable time- no problems getting in or out and not as stressful as larger events ! Good luck with next years plans- looks promising.

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

That sounds like a great format to me, Neil. :up: A shame it has to go that way but from a purely personal point of view, albeit lovely to see the aircraft in their natural element, I like to get closer to the aircraft and get some nice landing and taxiing shots. I'm sure the event will still be well supported by enthusiasts and public alike and I wish you every success for the next 20 years....
...Rad shutters auto.