Sywell Fly-in

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
AlexC

Sywell Fly-in

Post by AlexC »

Anyone here going to Sywell at the end of the month? It would be a long trip, and first time for me, but I'm thinking about it, providing the weather plays ball that is.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

farnboroughrob

Re: Sywell Fly-in

Post by farnboroughrob »

Yes go every year. Not a patch on the old PFA fly-ins of days gone by but still good. You can still wander amoungst the aircraft too. Sometimes get some decent vintage aircraft too.

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

AlexC wrote:Anyone here going to Sywell at the end of the month? It would be a long trip, and first time for me, but I'm thinking about it, providing the weather plays ball that is.

I went two year ago for the first time since PFA days and was very disappointed. Totally dominated by modern plastic.
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

I really would not bother unless you are a spotter who want to see about 400 aircraft. Yes lots of plastic RV's and the like but also a few gems, but not many.

Amp

Post by Amp »

Circa 400 aircraft surely mostly modern and 'plastic', but lots of different types. I understand there are some perhaps more interesting aircraft based on the airfield, they might be visible too.

Mike

Post by Mike »

farnboroughrob wrote:...lots of plastic RV's

I've never seen a plastic RV. Is that something new?

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Must admit that I rather like the various type's of Van's RV's, good range of colour schemes etc., so who knows, this may be the place for me! :smile:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Orion

Post by Orion »

I go every year, a most enjoyable event.

Orion

Post by Orion »

Recently got back from Sywell and it's highly recommended for those who like light aeroplanes. Weather was fine, if a bit on the windy side leaving me with a fair amount of wind noise on the soundtrack.

Regards

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Thanks of that. :up: