Abingdon Air(show) & Country Show 2021

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
Oldtower

Abingdon Air(show) & Country Show 2021

Post by Oldtower »

Hello everyone - hope your all safe and well.

Just to let you know that our Airshow and Country Show and Abingdon Airfield (Dalton Barracks), Oxfordshire will be held later in 2021 - in being Saturday 12th June.

There are reasons for staging the show in June rather than our usual May slot, so fingers crossed some of the ideas I have in my head come to fruition and make up for the no show this year.

Kind regards
Neil
Main Event Organiser

BossMann

Re: Abingdon Air(show) & Country Show 2021

Post by BossMann »

This is great move imho

Abingdon may be able to get more RAF / AAC/ RN displays and even the Red Arrows for the fist time, plus possibly the Queens birthday flypast ( or elements of the flypast as they normally go to Brize to disperse I think ). Plus its on the same weekend as RAF Cosford Airshow so possibly some flypasts of items rehearsing at Cosford on the Saturday, even foreign displays 'sharing' them with RAF Cosford.

Good luck to Abingdon 2021

StandardTom

Post by StandardTom »

Good luck Neil, looking forward to seeing what you have in store. :grinning:
My Photos on Flickr
My Photos on Instagram

Cheers, Tom.

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

Are you still going with the heli-meet and fly-in Neil, or are you back to a regular airshow?

Oldtower

Post by Oldtower »

Wrexham Mackem wrote:
Fri 19 Jun 2020, 11:24 pm
Are you still going with the heli-meet and fly-in Neil, or are you back to a regular airshow?
The idea will be a mini helimeet, but staying with a regular airshow as before ( the generalised fly in element as before). Who knows what i will have lined up for you over the coming months but it won't be for the love of trying :)

Oldtower

Post by Oldtower »

Press Release:
Saturday 12th June 2021 will see the Air & Country Show at Abingdon Airfield return after a year away due to COVID.
An afternoon Flying Display program will feature old and new, aswell as a mix of Ground attractions and Static aircraft displays. Below is the first and only event update this side of Christmas to get the ball rolling on whats being planned.

The 2021 show will be an all ticket event and will comply with the latest government guidelines,consulting with Public Health England and local Authorities as planning is ongoing. We aim to provide a COVID secure event and adapt the show accordingly to help us stage this annual show.

Tickets will go on sale in the New Year, initially online via our website. Please remember you cannot gain access to the show unless you purchase a ticket. The reason is to save lots of cash handling.

Traders / Exhibitors / Crafts and Classic Vehicle forms will be online by mid November 2020, Aircraft Fly In participant forms will be online in the New Year with limited slots available.

Flying Displays:
World War Two types: P51 Mustang, Harvard
Aerobatic Teams: The Blades (flown by ex Red Arrows Pilots).
Aerobatic Solo: Muscle Pitts with the car race.
Historic types: The Historic Army Aircraft Flight (Beaver, Auster, Sioux, Scout), Wasp helicopter, Wessex helicopter, Auster & Chipmunk “Gipsy Pair”.

All the above aircraft will be on static display too. Any military aircraft allocated will be made known in around March 2021 but our fingers are crossed and a reason why Neil (Main Event Organiser) has moved the show to June.

Static Aircraft:
World War Two types: Catalina Flying boat, Hawker Hurricane, Boeing Stearman
Classic types: Allouette II helicopter, Wasp helicopter, Sea King helicopter
General Aviation types: Up to 70 various aircraft

Ground Displays:
World War Two Re-enactors, Classic vehicles & motorcycles, Solent Stars Motorcycle Display Team, Hawkwalk Falconry Display, Radio Controlled Classic Jets (will fly too!), Radio Days Big Band, Buccaneer jet cockpit (TBAG), Wallingford Dog Training Club, Chipmunk trainer cockpit, Motorcycle Club with an array of various Motorcycles, Adventure 001 Helicopter Pleasure Flights.

Please keep an eye on our website www.abingdonairandcountry.co.uk, Twitter or Facebook.

Next update will be in the early New Year - stay safe everyone and look forward to putting on a safe show for the community and wider audience.Please share around to whoever you wish

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

This has hit me more than expected, but it's really really heartwarming to have crumbs of 2021 airshows put before us.

I acknowledge that there's a long road ahead, and much is still uncertain, but it's just bloody fantastic to see.

Wessex flying display is bloody top!

Xray833

Post by Xray833 »

Tommy wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020, 8:58 am
This has hit me more than expected, but it's really really heartwarming to have crumbs of 2021 airshows put before us.

I acknowledge that there's a long road ahead, and much is still uncertain, but it's just bloody fantastic to see.

Wessex flying display is bloody top!
Nice one Tommy I agree entirely and have already booked accommodation for the event. Bring it on.

Xray833

Post by Xray833 »

From the Abingdon Facebook page :-

Neil (the Main Organiser) is heavily planning the 2021 show since late August, and a Press Release was released with first details recently.
A question that needs to be asked is:
If the 2021 show has to adapt to being a 'drive in' style show, meaning the downscale of certain ground activities and stalls but increasing the aviation side to a limited capacity of 4000 people, would you still attend / support the show?
Please sensible answers only, it's more of a 'poll' as Neil wishes to gather information on that idea.
This doesn't mean the show will be this format, but it's one of the options if by June things are not quite 'normal'.

Comments seem to be favourable.