Luchtmachtdagen Volkel 2013

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
stuart n

Re: Luchtmachtdagen Volkel 2013

Post by stuart n »

The air power demo is awesome, the quality of the feed from the helmet cameras is superb :drool:

stevieb

Post by stevieb »

The air power demo is awesome, the quality of the feed from the helmet cameras is superb

+1 Epic stuff! The Merc G-Wagen under the Chinook is swinging around a bit! :shock:
Hunting for the bygone picture, reviving phantoms of the past. Claudia Brücken
www.pbase.com/stevieb

JJC

Post by JJC »

The Dutch know how to do it, especially those Apaches :rock:
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

One of my greatest airshow memories is the airfield attack at Leuwarden (blue angel year) what an absolute stunning airshow pieces!! Even my wife was majorly impressed!
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

stuart n

Post by stuart n »

The Frecce are laying down some tunes during their display :music:

stuart n

Post by stuart n »

The fighters seem to be having a competition to see who can use the most flares. The finnish Hornet was firing them for fun and now the Czech Grippen is joining the party :joystick:

JJC

Post by JJC »

Hoping to see the Patrouille Suisse with my own eyes again, before they disband ( :sad: )...so smooth, and unique in their presentation. They're easily up there with the best! :clap:
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

st24

Post by st24 »

JJC wrote:Hoping to see the Patrouille Suisse with my own eyes again, before they disband ( :sad: )...so smooth, and unique in their presentation. They're easily up there with the best! :clap:

Fantastic team, PdF were very slick again too. Must admit the formations are all very tight given the quite obvious gusty conditions.... :tumbleweed:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Harry_Imp

Post by Harry_Imp »

Just got back. WHAT A SHOW!!

zigzag

Post by zigzag »

Harry_Imp wrote:WHAT A SHOW!!

Im back too, absolutely brilliant show, with the emphasis soley on the aircraft and not a bouncy castle, toy for boy, or wooden furniture stall in sight.

Yet the crowds were HUGE, especially on Saturday, was the busiest Ive seen an airshow in quite a few years (If anyone has teh attendance figures Id be iinterested to know the precise numbers)
If you like these pics there are more utterly brilliant shots at https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
#MOT

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

They announced 70000 on Friday, 150000 or the Saturday show.

The only thing I saw that looked a bit like a bouncy castle was the Soloturk promo tent :grin:

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Chrisse wrote:They announced 70000 on Friday, 150000 or the Saturday show.

The only thing I saw that looked a bit like a bouncy castle was the Soloturk promo tent :grin:

Speaks volumes! :clap: :clap:

Just goes to show the results pay off after a little bit of hard work! Bravo Volkel, you truly deserved it!

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

The announced highpoints of the show on regional television is up now (TBH I think the Fitters and Ramex Delta should be shown more in this): see http://www.omroepbrabant.nl/?video/82049732/Hoogtepunten+Luchtmachtdagen+2013+in+Volkel.aspx&action=media
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Just arrived in the UK at the tunnel.

Superb show, really enjoyed it. The bar for RIAT to beat has been set (too) high following this.

My highlights being the Danish Herc spitting out hundreds of flares and the mass 11 F-16 (one with an Az tail) flypast in close formation with a KLM 737.

Keep your eyes out for an article coming soon :-)

As of this morning they were batting a figure of 220,000 for Saturday on local news.

Andy

p2philip

Post by p2philip »

Great show, good organisation and weather was ok too, well worth the 8h drive.

Loved Ramex Delta, that special colored Phantom and the Greeks in the static made me smile as well. Also enjoyed the rain display of Solo Türk! Air Power Demo was good too but not as good as Leeuwarden 2008, I expected an F-16 sneak pass and some lower flypasts by the KC-10 which did not happen....

Great to see the Reds back with 9 aircraft, superb displays by all teams but the Patrouille Suisse which I thought were very distant at times.

Well done RNLAF, I'll be back!

Brummiekid

Post by Brummiekid »

A copy of the flying programme for anyone interested...
Regan - "We're the Sweeney son and we haven't had any dinner"
http://www.totterdowncamping.co.uk

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

It was my first European airshow and wow is all I can say. To be honest the static threw me a little bit at first but the shots i got of the static are probably the best i've ever shot as there's no cones, railings or random people walking into my shot.

As for the air power demo, truly superb and that's how a role demo should be done (the nearest thing we have to it is the Commando Assault at Yeovilton). I honestly didn't know where to look as there just seemed to be so much going on.

I will definately be going back next year.

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

lynothehammer wrote:To be honest the static threw me a little bit at first but the shots i got of the static are probably the best i've ever shot as there's no cones, railings or random people walking into my shot.
Would be interesting to know your opinion about this after you visited a show at Leeuwarden...
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

The only disappointing static aircraft were the NATO C-17 and Special Tail C-130. There was no way to get the other side of the aircraft making photography very difficult with the sun.

The traffic seemed like chaos but going "dutch" style (i.e. not queing and cutting corners, barging our way through) we got out of the car park in 30 min.

Did anyone else see the Swiss guy camped out by the Norwegian F-16's? He was on the front row and set up a 20ft high flag pole tied to the fence with a large Swiss flag!!!!! It's in the vast majority of my shots of aircraft low down! :mad:

Andy

henk99

Post by henk99 »

boff180 wrote:The traffic seemed like chaos but going "dutch" style (i.e. not queing and cutting corners, barging our way through) we got out of the car park in 30 min.

A good thing you were able to adapt to the situation and our style so quickly! :biggrin:
| Erlanger Bergkirchweih | RIAT 2023 | Belgian Airforce Days 2023 | Frysian Flag 2023