CIAF Hradec Králové 7/8 September 2013

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Harry_Imp

CIAF Hradec Králové 7/8 September 2013

Post by Harry_Imp »

Hi all,
Here are the current participants:

Belgium
F-16 (F)
Denmark
F-16 (F)
RJF
Ukraine
SU-27 (F) :yahoo:
AN-26 (S)

I am attending this show, the SU-27 should be awesome!

Does anybody know what the show is usually like for participants and photography?

Harry

RichPittman

Re: CIAF Hradec Králové 7/8 September 2013

Post by RichPittman »

I'm going.
Slovak mig29 display reported on scramble.

Would be good if su shows..........

Photog looks ok ,that's why I'm going :cool:
Always remember "If you cannot turn tight...you cannot fight!"

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

Portuguese Air Force
2x Alphajet

1x Extra 300 (Francesco Fornabaio)

Slovak Air Force
x MiG-29UB
x L-39
x Mil Mi-17
x L-410

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

G-2 Galeb and Hungarian Gripen.

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

Royal Jordanian Falcons added

http://airshow.cz/

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Hopefully gonna get to this one! :)

Will have to meet up with some folks!

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

No Belgian F-16 but Belgian Marchetti ( :hide: ) solo according to the Belgian calendar. Having said that, odd I have to go to the Czech Republic to see that.

Screenes

Post by Screenes »

Do not count with the Slovak MiG-29, this year's display has been cancelled.

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

Screenes wrote:Do not count with the Slovak MiG-29, this year's display has been cancelled.

Same for Ukrainian Flanker Display....

Da Niel

Post by Da Niel »

CIAF 2013-Today visited us the chief engineers and chief of the Russkije Vitjazi of Kubinka base near Moscow.
The aim was to discuss all technical aspects related to the participation of the Russkije Vitjazi on Su-27 airplanes in this year's CIAF.
It is so desperately little time ... But when, if not on the 20th CIAF anniversary, where, when not in Hradec Kralove!!!!
(translated using Google Translator, info from Facebook page of CIAF)
:shock:

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

Sounds strange, if I consider they do not even spend the money on proper website design... :grin:

BTW: Could you please link the FB page of CIAF? :up:

EDIT: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 3080921551

Screenes

Post by Screenes »

Slovak MiG-29UBS only for static display (source: 1sqn.sk)

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

And no knights. Except the SU-27 we are facing the worst line up in CIAF history I would say? I know it is private airshow, but... If I remember the CIAFs in Brno, they were huge compared to what is now showing up at Hradec.

Arrival list for tomorrow, just imagine:

The following arrivals are planned for tomorrow (friday):
09.00 C295 Czech AF
10.00 JAS39 Czech AF 2x
10.20 L159 Czech AF 2x
10.40 L39 Czech AF
11.00 JAS39 CzechAF
11.20 Mi171 Czech AF 2x

11.40 JAS39 Hungarian AF
14.00 An26 and Su27 (2x) Ukranian AF
14.40 A109 Belgium AF
16.00 Lynx German Navy

:hide:

RichPittman

Post by RichPittman »

Looking forward to the flanker, mi2 mi17pair,w3 firefighting.
Plus the exercise on at namest at present, been well worth the trip!

Screenes

Post by Screenes »

Eizo wrote:And no knights. Except the SU-27 we are facing the worst line up in CIAF history I would say? I know it is private airshow, but... If I remember the CIAFs in Brno, they were huge compared to what is now showing up at Hradec.

Arrival list for tomorrow, just imagine:

The following arrivals are planned for tomorrow (friday):
09.00 C295 Czech AF
10.00 JAS39 Czech AF 2x
10.20 L159 Czech AF 2x
10.40 L39 Czech AF
11.00 JAS39 CzechAF
11.20 Mi171 Czech AF 2x

11.40 JAS39 Hungarian AF
14.00 An26 and Su27 (2x) Ukranian AF
14.40 A109 Belgium AF
16.00 Lynx German Navy

:hide:

When CIAF started in 90s at Hradec and then was moved to Brno, it was the major Czech AF airshow and had full support of the military. Now the major airshows for CzAF are NATO Days at Ostrava and Open Day at Caslav. I think that even those few foreign military participants wouldnt come if that event wouldnt bear the famous "CIAF" name (they remember it as a major airshow from the 90s).
But problems are deeper. Firstly, they "recycle" participants, their lineup is every year almost the same: Czech Gripen, Belgian/Danish F-16, Slovak MiG and Breitling Jet Team. This year they do not even have Slovak MiG.
And what makes most peoply angry are their promises (this year they promised 3 F-16 displays plus that Russian Knights case) and lack of informations. They usually do not bother informing about cancellations, "things just go missing from flying schedule" (Slovak MiG is still listed as flying in participants list). Two or three years ago, they published flying display schedule at 7pm on Friday before the show and half of confirmed aircrafts was not there (clearly, they wanted to hide it).

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

Screenes wrote:This year they do not even have Slovak MiG.

There is no Slovakian MiG-29 solo this year. There was due to be one but it was pulled before the season started.

Screenes

Post by Screenes »

DeanW wrote:
Screenes wrote:This year they do not even have Slovak MiG.

There is no Slovakian MiG-29 solo this year. There was due to be one but it was pulled before the season started.

Slovak MiG-29 solo display rehearsals started in 27th week of this year and display pilot lt.col. Marian Bukovsky flew displays on both days of SIAF airshow. Slovak MiG-29 is still confirmed as flying at NATO Days in Ostrava.

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

27th week? It's too early for maths like that :grin:

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

I also wonder why they asked for Russian Knights, without having the money for it? :facepalm: At Knight's office I heard they wonder why they to put the cat among the pigeons with announcing and everything, but without a true solution how to handle the payment... Maybe they thought the CZ Air Force would pay at the end? :confused:

Screenes

Post by Screenes »

DeanW wrote:27th week? It's too early for maths like that :grin:

Beginning of July :smile: . But the core of the problem was that Slovak MiG was listed as flying at CIAF, but changed to static, but no informations about that from organisers. As I said, they do not publish cancellations.

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

What I cannot understand: Why is it not possible for the display pilots to do normal overflights? I mean, people do not need loopings, roles, high speed curves and everything. I guess most would be happy to see it in the air, take off, some go arounds with and without high speed, landing with parachute and thats it. But all the time I read: Display cancelled, only static. And I always ask myself, why the only know dynamic or static display, and nothing in between.

Screenes wrote:As I said, they do not publish cancellations.

Yeah, but remember the SIAF announcement of the SU-35 (?) few years ago, where even Russia did not know about, and they still claimed on last day: OOooooh, we are so sorry, but the bad and mean Russians declined just the day before the show. It was really amazing that they showed up with MiG-29M2 to SAIF last year, maybe the export is more important than anything else. Maybe they did not even get to know they got passed the buck for something they did not even know about.
Last edited by Eizo on Fri 06 Sep 2013, 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

Screenes wrote:
DeanW wrote:27th week? It's too early for maths like that :grin:

Beginning of July :smile: . But the core of the problem was that Slovak MiG was listed as flying at CIAF, but changed to static, but no informations about that from organisers. As I said, they do not publish cancellations.

Bit naughty of them!

Screenes

Post by Screenes »

Eizo wrote:Yeah, but remember the SIAF announcement of the SU-35 (?) few years ago, where even Russia did not know about, and they still claimed on last day: OOooooh, we are so sorry, but the bad and mean Russians declined just the day before the show. It was really amazing that they showed up with MiG-29M2 to SAIF last year, maybe the export is more important than anything else. Maybe they did not even get to know they got passed the buck for something they did not even know about.

That was not SIAF, but NLD. Different show, different oganiser. Anyway, from what I learnt after the show, it looks like that someone from Russia confirmed the Su-35 as flight director of NLD sent airshow information for air crew to Russia. Another info was, that participation was negotiated on high military and diplomatic level, but Russian display team never got any information about participation at NLD. Hard to say, when or why it was cancelled or who confirmed it and if he was entitled to do so. I totally agree they should have published it ASAP (I am no "anti CIAF and pro SIAF" activist, if you think I am too harsh on CIAF, you should hear what Czech aviation entusiast and spotters think about it).

EDIT: Su-27 is already at Hradec, you can see its tail on the webcam, "preset 5": http://www.lshk.cz/cs/webkamera

RichPittman

Post by RichPittman »

Regardless of the organisers faults etc...

What a fantastic Day Today...unlimited access pretty much and wall to wall sun.

I bet a few will be very surprised by the results when I get around to posting some pics :smile:
The show is yet to come :biggrin:

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Another communication shortcoming: nowhere on the website did it say the Ukrainian Flanker would shoot flares! How much more will we accept? :tongue:

Brilliant day today, and evidently, plenty of people around me were enjoying it just as much. Some people here should try it sometime, you know, have fun, instead of wearing themselves out moaning :whistle:

I'd recommend this show to any serious enthusiast. Sure, lots of participants repeat year upon year, but that's the case with a lot, if not all shows. Perhaps you're right though, enough alternating between the Danish and Belgian F-16s, let's alternate between Baby Blue and the Red Devils for a few years now.