Airpower '16

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: Airpower '16

Post by Wissam24 »

Or a hot air balloon with a whopping great jet engine strapped on?
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

Just spotted the Bristol Sycamore on the Airpower site as flying. Not sure if that's a new addition or I missed it previously. Either way a cracking participant!

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

DeanW wrote:Just spotted the Bristol Sycamore on the Airpower site as flying. Not sure if that's a new addition or I missed it previously. Either way a cracking participant!

It was never official listed before, part of the FlyingBulls collection. Cannot wait to see it! :rock:

st24

Post by st24 »

Looks like a new Tiger scheme '105 will be unveiled at the show.. (About time)- Looks a "peeling" scheme - black looking fin and top of wings...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

Last edited by davidjones533 on Sat 11 Aug 2018, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

I know it's an unofficial site but the list states a German Magister flying

http://airshowinfo.hu/en/airpower16.html

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

I'm sure I've seen pics of a silver one with pseudo-German markings on somewhere.
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

st24

Post by st24 »

PeterR wrote:
DeanW wrote:Just spotted the Bristol Sycamore on the Airpower site as flying. Not sure if that's a new addition or I missed it previously. Either way a cracking participant!

It was never official listed before, part of the FlyingBulls collection. Cannot wait to see it! :rock:

I see it's lost it's RAF markings and has been civilianised, as per with Red Bull... :sad:

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

st24 wrote:
PeterR wrote:

I see it's lost it's RAF markings and has been civilianised, as per with Red Bull... :sad:

Oh dear. :facepalm:

Flying Bulls hit (the mark again)! I think that reads about right. :whistle:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

st24

Post by st24 »

To clarify it's still in it's 32Sqn LAG/Blue cheatline scheme but that's it...

AngryAndyPandy

Post by AngryAndyPandy »

Whilst not confirmed, and I by no means intend to be one to start rumours, I have it under good authority that there will be a pair of static RAF Typhoons present at the show. Hopefully the website is updated accordingly soon otherwise I shall look the fool. :loser: :grin:

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Has everyone who paid for Spotters Packs received them? :sweat:

andrewn

Post by andrewn »

PeterR wrote:Has everyone who paid for Spotters Packs received them? :sweat:

Received nothing so mailed them and i got mine by return :)

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Flying Programme has been released...
http://www.airpower.gv.at/en/programme.html?utm_source=Viber&utm_medium=Chat&utm_campaign=Private

Few items of note;
- Spanish EF-18A Hornet is taking part in the flying display.
- Viggen is only performing a solo display on Friday.
- Team Orlik are only performing on Friday.
- Slovenian PC-9M is only performing a solo display on Friday.
- Sea Fury is only performing a solo display on Saturday.
- Wings of Storm are only performing on Saturday.
- Slovak L-39 is only performing a solo display on Saturday.

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

Last edited by davidjones533 on Sat 11 Aug 2018, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

Glad the Viggen is flying already at 5 PM on Friday, saving me 45min to leave from AFB! :cool:

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

Cancelled:

Me 109 (crashed during takeoff @Manching the last days)
P-3 Orion

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

AngryAndyPandy wrote:Whilst not confirmed, and I by no means intend to be one to start rumours, I have it under good authority that there will be a pair of static RAF Typhoons present at the show. Hopefully the website is updated accordingly soon otherwise I shall look the fool. :loser: :grin:

They're now included on the site. Aside from the Austrian examples there'll be a RAF pair and a Luftwaffe trio on static. Looks like the Portuguese are sending an F-16 instead of the Alpha Jets too.

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

p2philip

Post by p2philip »

I dont know an exact time but the car parks definitely open before the gates, I guess at least an hour before. Traffic especially on saturday is massive so come early! Usually the motorway exit Zeltweg west is less popular so it maybe a good idea to use this exit.

There was no immediate closing of the showground in previous years and it was possible to take photos of the static without crowds! Food Stalls remained open quite long too. The crowd gets smaller very quickly after the flying. I dont know when they finally closed down everything because it was after I left.

Have not used the park and ride but I read the direct and free transport from there to the show is only available on saturday every 15-30 mins.

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

Although requested by many people already, there is unfortunately no arrival and rehearsal timetable for Wednesday and Thursday available yet. Tomorrow's forecast is very nice, but rain on Thursday. :snack:

As a reminder: No cooling bags nor umbrellas nor parasols are allowed! No access with them to the whole area!

Who will be there tomorrow already? :cool:

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

davidjones533 wrote:Has anyone ever used the Kraubath park and ride? There's not really any info on it, such as time of first/last train!

http://verbundlinie.at/en/

To my knowledge there are no "special" service trains available, the railway OEBB only adds more waggons to the train to satisfy the demand.

http://666kb.com/i/dbz4l83xguicsgntv.jpg

This is the timetable for trains for the Friday (show day) for example.

RichPittman

Post by RichPittman »

Pittman Radical Aviation Tours
PRAT

Has just arrived in Knittelfeld :rock:
Always remember "If you cannot turn tight...you cannot fight!"

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

The special shuttle train from Kraubath to Zeltweg (for Airpower only) is operating in Saturday only. For Friday you have to take the normal trains - which should also be enough.