Airpower '16

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
PeterR

Re: Airpower '16

Post by PeterR »

Turkish Stars down to attend also. :win:

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

:yahoo: :rock:

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

No update to the website... anyone remember when the Spotters Packs went on sale in 2013 please? :sweat:

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

PeterR wrote:No update to the website... anyone remember when the Spotters Packs went on sale in 2013 please? :sweat:

Spotter Tickets will be available in June this year, as the airshow is in September.

https://www.facebook.com/AIRPOWEROFFICI ... =3&theater

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

They've finally updated the website

http://www.airpower.gv.at/en.html

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

Last edited by davidjones533 on Sat 11 Aug 2018, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

No need to worry, the programme will be added onto. Zeltweg is my favourite show and the date change to September makes it impossible for me to attend, which breaks my heart. Rest assured you will see an impressive flying display with Austrian role demos to top off the international acts. The Austrian airforces are superb hosts and I am convinced you will have a great time!

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Chrisse wrote:The Austrian airforces are superb hosts
I only hope they have more drinks available than water, beer and Red Bull.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Red bull cola ;-) ?
I understand your point though. OK, the crowd, particularly on Saturday will be enormous. Perhaps you might want to plan for some self-catering that day under any circumstance and preference. The food can be particularly problematic.

I once saw Red Bull water, but I think that was a joke :-)

Are you doing spotters on base? If not, during arrivals, there was quite a nice catering stand near the area where the spotters were.

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

Last edited by davidjones533 on Sat 11 Aug 2018, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Only one experience that did not involve public transport on my part and it was not a good one. Arrive very early or you will be stuck in the biggest traffic jam you can imagine. Oddly, exit is, considering the enormous crowds, fast. I have never elsewhere seen a base be that busy at 9AM. Even at base opening in 2013 at 7:30 (?), there was a significant crowd, if you want a spot on the first row, be very early!

p2philip

Post by p2philip »

I read the comments on facebook also an it is clear to see these people complaining dont really have a clue...they ask for things that dont exist anymore like F-14 displays and similar. These people dont do other airshows they just like to complain...seems to be an austrian thing as it is the case with so many events! Dont let the moaners confuse you, there are more participants known already than published on the official website. Latest addition is the french rafale demo for example!see http://airshowinfo.hu/en/airpower16.html

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

Have to agree with Chrisse. This will be my 4th Airpower, and staying away from this year's event was never an option.
It's a fairly big airshow, and the Austrians never fail to attract the big names and some unique additions to the line-up. + Austrian Air Force stuff we can hardly see elsewhere, a great atmosphere and a spectacular location.

I've never had a problem with the arrival (getting there early is key), but leaving can be a bit tricky on the Saturday (last time, it took us over 2 hours to get to the motorway from the car park - and the motorway basically runs near the base).

I tried the food sold at the show once or twice, but I was not impressed by the burgers and the wurst. I expected a lot better, so I usually bring my own.

Nielis

Post by Nielis »

Can anybody advise if the spotterspackage is worth it? What kind of privilages do you have compared to being outside the base during the arrival days?

frank

Post by frank »

Nielis wrote:Can anybody advise if the spotterspackage is worth it? What kind of privilages do you have compared to being outside the base during the arrival days?

Personal view here - the boundary fence is closer to the piano keys so most of my arrival shots have the wire fence and the aircraft fairly low. Outside base is jammed pack but if you want aircraft in the air then that's where I would go. On base we got taken round in a army vehicle to the other side to take photos of the static helos and obviously taxiing shot. So in the end depends what you want.
Would like to hear others views

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

They have confirmed the attendance of 6 display teams for the show:
Patrouille de France
Frecce Tricolori
Turkish Stars
PC7 Team
Krila Oluje
Patrulla Aguila

Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

Chrisse wrote:They have confirmed the attendance of 6 display teams for the show:
Patrouille de France
Frecce Tricolori
Turkish Stars
PC7 Team
Krila Oluje
Patrulla Aguila

+ Team Orlik

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

Leadfoot wrote:
Chrisse wrote:They have confirmed the attendance of 6 display teams for the show:
Patrouille de France
Frecce Tricolori
Turkish Stars
PC7 Team
Krila Oluje
Patrulla Aguila

+ Team Orlik

The first six are officially confirmed by AirPower, Team Orlik are through various other sources.

from the AirPower website

Kindly note that we are only able to provide details of aircraft and display teams on www.airpower16.at in cases where participation has been contractually confirmed.

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

Last edited by davidjones533 on Sat 11 Aug 2018, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

Last edited by davidjones533 on Sat 11 Aug 2018, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Wow. What an update!

Didn't realise the Me 262 was fixed. Great stuff. :up:

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

:shock: very pleased with all the updates, really can't wait for this now :rock:

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Hopefully for those that can't attend it will be streamed live again.
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur