International Sanicole Airshow, 8 & 10 September 2017 (BE)

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Chrisse

Re: International Sanicole Airshow, 8 & 10 September 2017 (B

Post by Chrisse »

st24 wrote:Fair enough, just recall a narrow strip between the N73 and crowd line. BTW, what happened to the F-84? Far nicer than the '16!!

No idea? The one near the officer's club maybe?

st24

Post by st24 »

Chrisse wrote:
st24 wrote:Fair enough, just recall a narrow strip between the N73 and crowd line. BTW, what happened to the F-84? Far nicer than the '16!!

No idea? The one near the officer's club maybe?

Oh, is it still there Then? I thought the Falcon had replaced it...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

Yes, the F-84 would be nicer but I remain fond of the 16...

by Gordon Duncan, on Flickr
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

st24

Post by st24 »

Sorry Scampton but the airshow vortex that is Sanicole has just netted the Finnish Hornet too.... European airshow line up of the year possibly? :clap:

clearstone

Post by clearstone »

Sorry ST24, that was already announced in February - nothing new! :lol: http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=75643&start=25#p765244

st24

Post by st24 »

D'oh!! Apologies, with so much going at Sanicole forgotten this was old news!!

JensSr

Post by JensSr »

Chrisse do you know if there's stil more updates to come looking great so far! :yahoo:

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

We are finished with display teams. :music:

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

If you look around, you may find information about another display added to our lineup :ninja:

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

The 2 x MiG-29's from Slovenia on the Spotters day Twitter Feed? :smile:

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Well, the website shows it correctly now :smile:

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

I find the article a little confusing - firstly, it doesn't say what is a flyby, static or both. It also lists that the Red Arrows and Typhoon will be at the spotters day but they will both be at scampton for the airshow. Any help would be good!
Nikon D500

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

The Reds and Typhoon will still be there in the morning, departing to do Scampton.

They can't say yet what will be active on Saturday. That all depends on the rehearsal schedule.

st24

Post by st24 »

Chrisse wrote:The Reds and Typhoon will still be there in the morning, departing to do Scampton.

Very noble of you to allow them to go to their own show!! Hope they don't go tech....

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

I am sure the arrival of the Reds at Scampton will be met with loud cheers, what better way than such a grand entrance at their homebase?
Also, Gizmo will transit to Scampton too, so plenty of Blizzard action.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Chrisse, fully understand you may not be able to answer this. On the website it says the CH-53 will be arriving at KB on Saturday AM and it will also be present at Sanicole. I thought it would only be attending KB, so am I correct in thinking it will be transiting across?

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Red Dragon wrote:Chrisse, fully understand you may not be able to answer this. On the website it says the CH-53 will be arriving at KB on Saturday AM and it will also be present at Sanicole. I thought it would only be attending KB, so am I correct in thinking it will be transiting across?

I am not involved in the spottersday website and therefore cannot answer questions about it, Sanicole keeps me plenty busy :grin: I can tell you the CH-53 and Chinook are confirmed static at Sanicole so you will definitely be able to see them there.

Question for you, because I looked on the website and can't find any mention of the planning you refer to?

Also, you'd think there would be some other items listed that would attract some interest? ;)

benji1867

Post by benji1867 »

Hi Chrisse,

im assuming with Lens cancelled we will now have the Canadian Hornet static Saturday, although it mentions 2 im also assuming 1 is on static at Scampton.

Please also tell me that the french M2000 will be the EC1/2 special, will it participate Sunday?

thanks again
Ben

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

benji1867 wrote:Hi Chrisse,

I'm assuming with Lens cancelled we will now have the Canadian Hornet static Saturday, although it mentions 2 I'm also assuming 1 is on static at Scampton.

Please also tell me that the french M2000 will be the EC1/2 special, will it participate Sunday?

thanks again
Ben

Two CF-188s would have gone to Lens, one of which would have performed a flyby. These two will now be at KB instead. Scampton will still have their pair on static, don't worry :)

benji1867

Post by benji1867 »

Chrisse wrote:

I'm assuming with Lens cancelled we will now have the Canadian Hornet static Saturday, although it mentions 2 I'm also assuming 1 is on static at Scampton.

thanks again
Ben

Two CF-188s would have gone to Lens, one of which would have performed a flyby. These two will now be at KB instead. Scampton will still have their pair on static, don't worry :)

Thanks very much, im assuming you skipped the M2000 question on purpose :wink:

thanks again
Ben

BossMann

Post by BossMann »

Chrisse wrote:

thanks again
Ben

Scampton only has 1 CF-188 on static so we assumed that it was the one from Lens that wasn't doing the flypast at Lens/ Sanicole???

Chrisse - will Sanicole be 'sharing' anything else with Scampton? they could really do with a bit of help from you guys to boost their flying display a little....

Congrats on adding the Slovak Mig 29 flying display to your show which has an incredible line up this year! Well Done

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Apologies if I got my numbers muddled about CF-188s at Scampton. No change to my knowledge for plans there though. These aircraft are on deployment at the time.

It is exciting to welcome the Slovaks again after 19 years :) The demopilot is a very friendly person with a nice sense of humour. I don't deal with participation as such, but one of the perks of my video job is engaging with the crews :)

Almost #bestjobever
Last edited by Chrisse on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Chrisse wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:Chrisse, fully understand you may not be able to answer this. On the website it says the CH-53 will be arriving at KB on Saturday AM and it will also be present at Sanicole. I thought it would only be attending KB, so am I correct in thinking it will be transiting across?

I am not involved in the spottersday website and therefore cannot answer questions about it, Sanicole keeps me plenty busy :grin: I can tell you the CH-53 and Chinook are confirmed static at Sanicole so you will definitely be able to see them there.

Question for you, because I looked on the website and can't find any mention of the planning you refer to?

Also, you'd think there would be some other items listed that would attract some interest? ;)

Hi Chrisse, thanks for the reply. Here are the two links to the points I made out. I just assumed the CH-53 would only be at KB, so I am made up with possibly two chances to see it approaching/landing/ taxying :smile:

Kleine Brogel Saturday - http://www.spottersday.be/index.php/participants
Sanicole Sunday - http://www.sanicole.com/index.php/en/pr ... ram-sunday

My interest in the CH-53 is that due to various circumstances I have not yet managed to photograph one in the air! However do not worry, I’ll be enjoying all those lovely fast jets as well :wink:

It really does look to be a fantastic show :clap: and those Waffles then the Jupiler :lol:

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Red Dragon wrote:
those Waffles then the Jupiler :lol:

There are so many more things to discover in the region, both for solid food and beer. Just go explore in the evening and you will have a blast! Also, let's not forget, most people here are fluent in English so that makes life easier too.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Chrisse wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:
those Waffles then the Jupiler :lol:

There are so many more things to discover in the region, both for solid food and beer. Just go explore in the evening and you will have a blast! Also, let's not forget, most people here are fluent in English so that makes life easier too.

Thanks, but will many be fluent in Welsh?! :wink: