International Sanicole Airshow, 8 & 10 September 2017 (BE)

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
JensSr

Re: International Sanicole Airshow, 8 & 10 September 2017 (B

Post by JensSr »

iaint wrote:Question about the Spottersday.be website and more specifically tickets...

Notice that on the Ticketing page, the website states that "prices shown exclude transaction fee". Ok, but how much is the transaction fee? It's not listed anywhere obvious on the website, surely it should be made clear from the outset, and not as I assume somewhere near the end of the payment process?

Secondly, there is a conflicting statement above that on the same page that declares "To purchase your ticket online (without extra costs)"

So which is it: are there transaction fees to be paid (and if so how much)? Or are there no additional costs?

:dizzy:

Hmm i have no idea to be honest i got my friend to buy it for me for my brother's birthday i wil ask him if he can see that when i know i wil let you know asap!

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Meanwhile, while I try to find an answer about the ticket... :ninja:

Coming by to say hello during the 40th anniversary airshow, the (slightly more distant) neighbours from Geilenkirchen: the NATO E-3 Sentry.

[fb-post]https://www.facebook.com/sanicoleairshow/posts/1270960596328727:0[/fb-post]

JensSr

Post by JensSr »

Beste Jens, dat is afhankelijk van de betalingsprovider die je kiest tijdens de bestelling. De tarieven staan op deze pagina (ticketprovider): https://www.ticketshark.be/pricing (tabel onderaan). Er is enkel een transaction fee (voor de betaling) , de overige kosten (administratie & taksen) worden door ons gedragen.

(Basicly whats told that the transaction fee is only thing you pay for this can be diffrent on the way you pay. Administartion and Tax wil be payed by sanicole them self)
Any dutch / belgium Make sure to tell me if i said it wrong.

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Website updated. There is a transaction fee, depending on the option you choose, but no administrative cost.
This means that for a payment with Visa and Mastercard, there is a transaction fee of 0.5 Euro and +2.80 percent of the ticket price. For Paypal, it's 0.45 Euro plus 3.40 percent of the ticket price. I suppose those two will be most commonly used from abroad.

iaint
UKAR Staff

Post by iaint »

Thanks for the replies! :up:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iainthomson84/

End of Message, End of Broadcast

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Longtime crowd favourites returning to Sanicole after a few years of absence for demonstrations on both Friday and Sunday for our 40th anniversary: The Blades!

[fb-post]https://www.facebook.com/sanicoleairshow/posts/1271912986233488:0[/fb-post]

JensSr

Post by JensSr »

Chrisse wrote:Longtime crowd favourites returning to Sanicole after a few years of absence for demonstrations on both Friday and Sunday for our 40th anniversary: The Blades!

[fb-post]https://www.facebook.com/sanicoleairshow/posts/1271912986233488:0[/fb-post]

Been a long time since i seen the blades first time was in 2009 in VSV seppe airshow (small local airshow) now named Breda airshow
Quite liked it

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

We started our daily announcements on 16 February, exactly one month ago, and I'm sure you'll agree this year's line-up looks very exciting. This is our final daily announcement for now, a remarkable static addition, but rest assured more exciting display announcements will follow in weeks to come as we receive confirmations!

Welcoming the German military again for the first time since 2004 (if I recall correctly at least): The CH-53 for the static display!

[fb-post]https://www.facebook.com/sanicoleairshow/posts/1272775339480586:0[/fb-post]

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Now that's a star item. What a show this is shaping up to be.

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Frecce Tricolore self confirmed on their website.

JensSr

Post by JensSr »

Solo turk aswell

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

The KB spotters day website are offering tickets for the Friday evening show, Spotters day and Sunday show in one package. Just to triple check, these tickets are genuine and will still be valid at Sanicole on the day? Never done a European show before
Nikon D500

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Harvo266 wrote:The KB spotters day website are offering tickets for the Friday evening show, Spotters day and Sunday show in one package. Just to triple check, these tickets are genuine and will still be valid at Sanicole on the day? Never done a European show before

Yes it is fully genuine, after buying you download your ticket and print it off. I print off 3 copies (in case I loose any) and download it onto my phone before leaving home, to ensure I always have a copy available when they scan your ticket at the gate.

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

They're just as "real" as the tickets via the Sanicole website, so don't hesitate to order them.
See you guys again in a few days I reckon :)

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

Chrisse wrote:They're just as "real" as the tickets via the Sanicole website, so don't hesitate to order them.
See you guys again in a few days I reckon :)

Thanks Chrisse! Coming to Sanicole from the South coast of England!
Nikon D500

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

A few questions, most semi-serious, about Sanicole and the associated spotters’ day at KB.
I’m attending the show for the first time and would be grateful for advice from those who have ventured there before.
1) Lens advice for the evening show and the main day on the Sunday – I have a 28-270 and a 120-400; which is more suitable for the flying?
2) A similar question about the spotters’ day and is it a photocall (mostly none flying) or the chance to be on base for launches for practice?
3) What’s the Dutch for “ I’d be grateful if you could move your ladder so I can see the aeroplanes.”?
4) I’m stopping in Beringen and would like to know your recommendations for places to eat or supermarkets to buy Belgian beer.
5) In the spirit of RIAT – is there an accurate weather forecast at this point?

Thanks
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

Is the Sanicole airshow on Kleine Brogel airbase?
Nikon D500

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Harvo266 wrote:Is the Sanicole airshow on Kleine Brogel airbase?

No. It's at Sanicole.
Most of the flyers will be based at KB though, hence the spotters day there.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

The Baron wrote:
Harvo266 wrote:Is the Sanicole airshow on Kleine Brogel airbase?

No. It's at Sanicole.
Most of the flyers will be based at KB though, hence the spotters day there.

Oh okay just got confused as on the spotters day website it states the postcode of KB and says that it's for spotters day and Sanicole airshow. Must have read it wrong!
Thanks
Nikon D500

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

iainpeden wrote:A few questions, most semi-serious, about Sanicole and the associated spotters’ day at KB.
I’m attending the show for the first time and would be grateful for advice from those who have ventured there before.
1) Lens advice for the evening show and the main day on the Sunday – I have a 28-270 and a 120-400; which is more suitable for the flying?
2) A similar question about the spotters’ day and is it a photocall (mostly none flying) or the chance to be on base for launches for practice?
3) What’s the Dutch for “ I’d be grateful if you could move your ladder so I can see the aeroplanes.”?
4) I’m stopping in Beringen and would like to know your recommendations for places to eat or supermarkets to buy Belgian beer.
5) In the spirit of RIAT – is there an accurate weather forecast at this point?

Thanks

It'll be held at the airfield of aeroclub Sanicole here inbetween Leopoldsburg and Hechtel.
As indicated, most participants operate from KB. This allows a high-paced programme as there are no gaps for take offs and landings.

1. For lenses, at Sanicole use the 400. During the spottersday, I'd go with the 28-270 as the aircraft can get really close on taxy.
2. There will no doubt still be practices on Saturday so you'll see aircraft taking off and recovering. Others will be on the ground.
3. Not touching that one with a ten foot pole, which is oddly the same as with Dutch people :grin: (just kidding guys)
4. I'm assuming you're going by car then ;) Any old supermarket can help with a standard range, but if you are on the lookout for something particular, try Prik&Tik in Beringen (Schoebroekstraat 64, 3583 Paal-Beringen).
5. Will let you know on 11 September which one was accurate.
Last edited by Chrisse on Sun 23 Apr 2017, 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

Thanks Chrisse - if truth be known, we're only coming for the beer!

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Chrisse wrote:
iainpeden wrote:3) What’s the Dutch for “ I’d be grateful if you could move your ladder so I can see the aeroplanes.”?
3. Not touching that one with a ten foot pole, which is oddly the same as with Dutch people :grin: (just kidding guys)
HAAL DIE GORE KLOOTTE KUT TERING LADDER WEG! Well, that ignores the grateful bit of the question. Now try to learn to pronounce it in Dutch.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

aviodromefriend wrote:
Chrisse wrote:
iainpeden wrote:3) What’s the Dutch for “ I’d be grateful if you could move your ladder so I can see the aeroplanes.”?
HAAL DIE GORE KLOOTTE KUT TERING LADDER WEG! Well, that ignores the grateful bit of the question. Now try to learn to pronounce it in Dutch.

With all the arrogance/laziness of the English/British I shall simply stick to my native tongue albeit saying everything a little louder than the norm.

Seriously though - thanks for the help, I'm really looking forward to the shows.

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

Everyone keep an eye out on Facebook today at 16:00 (English time) as they are announcing at least one "truly unique act"

I'm sure it will be posted on here for those not on FB
Nikon D500

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Harvo266 wrote:Everyone keep an eye out on Facebook today at 16:00 (English time) as they are announcing at least one "truly unique act"

I'm sure it will be posted on here for those not on FB

You talking to me? :grin: